cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats with the Note 4 5.0.1 update issues??

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Whats with the Note 4 5.0.1 update issues??

I'm new to the Note community so I was excited when I purchased my device a few months ago. I love it! Since then I've gotten an update and a few things have been driving me crazy. My phone has been laggy and late responding lately. My screen DOES NOT  turn off, even with the settings on it to turn of after 30 secs. My action memo responds late. I'm considering resetting my phone or doing  hard reset. Is any one else having issues with their device???

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: Whats with the Note 4 5.0.1 update issues??

I have problems after every update.  They're usually easy to solve.  Turn off your phone, then hold down the volume-up and home buttons and then press and hold the power button.

When you see the tiny text in the upper left, let go of the buttons.  This should take you to the recovery screen.

I forget exactly what the recovery options say exactly, but I think it's "wipe cache partition".  You want that one.  Use the volume buttons to scroll to that selection and then press the power button to select it.  Then choose "reboot system now".

Hopefully, all is well with your phone after it boots.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issues. Every since the update last week, my phone has been very slow and freezes up every few minutes. It seems the CPU is overloaded somehow and my phone will then restart on it's own. This is happening 3-5 times an hour now. I have already tried removing my SD card and re-formatting my whole phone.

Journeyman

Mine was doing the same and eventually completely stopped. Won't charge, doesn't turn on. Nothing. Store ordered me a new one that should be in tomorrow. They said the last little update was causing major issues

Journeyman

My phone also completely died and they are sending me a new one. Completely black, won't turn on, won't reset...it was fine until I started to install the update.

Journeyman

After updating android on my Note 4 a couple days ago, it has completely died. I turned my phone off before heading into work yesterday and it will not come back on. I have tried everything. It has turned on for a second twice and the screen freezes on the start up Sprint screen and then goes back. Other times it turns on and acts like android is optimizing. It is completely ridiculous and I feel like this latest android software update ruined my phone. I have done everything. I am having a battery overnighted but I honestly feel like something is wrong with the CPU. Screen completely black will not turn on. It was fine until I decided to do the software update!!!!!

Journeyman

Maybe your phones are dying, but maybe some of you aren't being patient or persistent.  When I updated, the phone rebooted a total of about 4 times.  Each reboot took quite a long time.  One reboot took what seemed like forever, and then the message about optimizing the apps finally showed up.  I think it rebooted once or twice after that, each reboot taking a while, and I got one more message about optimizing one app, then after the final reboot, all was fine. 

Also, I recommend using Kies to update your phone. 

Journeyman

I don't think it's from a lack of being patient on my end. My phone upgraded just fine. It also rebooted a few times while upgrading which is typical in a large update and also went to the optimizing screen with a total of 24 optimizations to complete. These all worked fine and my phone worked just fine for about six hours after the update with no issues I could see and then sudden death with constant reboot but it cannot get pass the sprint spark screen, sometimes not pass the Samsung galaxy note 4 screen and other times android optimization screen comes on and acts like its going through the optimizations (14 of 24)  and then freezes and screen goes black. I have exhausted all options in recovery mode. This is my fourth Galaxy phone and I have never had this issue. I have only experienced a failed android upgrade on an S4 which was no big deal as I was able to run it again with no problems.

Journeyman

Hi guys,

I ended up wiping the cache partition and doing a reset just to make sure things would run smoothly. After my phone booted up, it was just fine! Thanks for your help and comments.

Journeyman

It has nothing to do with patient or persistent when the cpu gets fried in the update.

Journeyman

I did the update yesterday. Since then the phone has run so slow. It freezes and reboots. I tried clearing the cache and running a hard factory reset and I'm still having the same issues.

Wizard

Strange. I did the update the other day and cleared the cache and it has been running fine.

TS

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat