cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be able to use the Note 4 in a 4G LTE area (non Spark?)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Will I be able to use the Note 4 in a 4G LTE area (non Spark?)

I live in the 79999 (El Paso, TX) area and would like to know if I will be able to use the Note 4 on the 4G LTE network (non Spark?)

Note: I do have 4G LTE and it works great, but I'm not ready to step back to 3G as it's over used here.

An authoritative answer would be greatly appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: Will I be able to use the Note 4 in a 4G LTE area (non Spark?)

Yes you will be able to use it in a 4G area that isn't Spark enabled.  Spark just means it can use more than one band. If your area isn't upgrade it will use the 1900 band which is Sprints normal channel for 4G.

Master

richsqt, Thank you for the post. That is correct you will still be able to use the Note 4 in a 4G LTE area. If there's anything that we can assist you with please let us know. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
Master

AS long as the 4G you have is LTE and not WiMax, you are good.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Thanks everyone for your responses.... my delay in responding is my bad.

-Rod

Journeyman

NO SPARK PHONES DON'T WORK IN 4G/LTE AREAS THEY ONLY WORK IN 3G OR SPARK NOT 4G/LTE

Journeyman

NO YOU CANNOT ACCORDING TO CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM SPRINT. IF YOU USE A SPARK PHONE YOU CANNOT GET 4G/LTE IT IS SPARK OR 3G. YOUR PROBLEM IS UNRESOLVABLE AND IT IS YOUR PROBLEM NOT THEIRS ACCORDINT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Master

That is not true. All new Spark phones have all LTE bands for Sprint and some.

I currently use the S5 Sport which is a Spark phone and I'm using LTE.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

AumMantra - Thank you for posting. If you have a phone that is Spark capable, you should still be able to pick up 4G/LTE. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Master

AumMantra - You can still use Sprint Spark devices in 4G LTE areas. Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. - Latonya
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Is there any schedule yet to show which cities spark will roll out in first

Master

this might help you out: Sprint Spark | Sprint Newsroom

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat