cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

1 Comment

I was reading up on the enhancements the new version of Android introduces and besides the improved UI and design their are a few notification tricks worth getting familiar with.   The trick of the day is in the way you engage the notification under the new design, how you swipe the screen will dictate the display shown.   Let's take a look at the options.

Option 1: The Single Swipe

single finger swipe.png

Pretty standard notification tray view right?  The first option is engaged with a single contact point swipe down from the top of the screen bringing up the view Android users are familiar with.   As with previous Android generations line item displays of all unread notifications and programs running in the background will be listed in a linear fashion.  When several notification items accumulate the new design has a nice accordion effect when you scroll through them, nothing functional but a nice visual touch.   The active function buttons at the top of the screen are fully customizable in the settings menu.

Option 2:  The Double

two finger swipe.png

Here is the new part of the design which is a nice functional touch.   If you swipe down from the top of the screen with two contact points the screen to the view to the left appears.   Normally you would have to engage the option in the upper right hand corner of the previous screenshot but guess what, now you have options.   As with the row of icons in the first option this view is customizable as well with the flexibility to influence order.

In addition to the new interaction capabilities you will also have the flexibility to control when and what notifications are displayed.  Notification delivery is primarily controlled by assigning "Do Not Disturb" periods that shut down all notifications within a customizable time frame with the option of allowing exceptions.   You will be able to select what types of notifications are considered exceptions based off of the type of service, call/text/email, or by designating specific applications with exception status. 

Learn all the tips and tricks of your device by checking out the other Product Ambassador posts, as always if you have any questions don't hesitate to post a comment here.

Until Next Time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Note 4 users rejoice. Lollipop is here and it is epic! This update has not only sped up the phone quite a bit, it's added a few new features.

I noticed that Antutu Video Tester is now showing that HVEC (AKA H.265) is now fully hardware accelerated! This is pretty big deal if you want to take advantage of the phone's amazing resolution. With the move to higher resolution screens, the new HVEC format was created to both improve video quality but also, and more importnantly, reduce video file size. We're talking 50% less storage used for higher quality video. That's a HUGE difference when you're talking about 2K and 4K resolution videos.

Of course, because of the high compression, there is also a huge draw back: processing time. The much higher resolution and compression require a LOT more CPU to process the video. So much more than even many desktop computers cannot process the format. However, many newer mobile chipsets are coming out with hardware acceleration built in. This means you can view the video with the CPU sitting at a comfortable low usage. This also translates into lower battery usage when watching HVEC videos. Either way you look at it, this is awesome news.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

0 Comments

So the Note 4 was the second phone on Sprint launched with a QHD screen. Its 5.7" screen is breathtaking to consume content on, whether it be outside or indoors. But how does it compare to the first phone Sprint launched with a QHD screen the LG G3? Lets find out:

In my experience, with both of these phones, the image/video quality is superb, even if your content is not QHD ready. However there are some subtle differences between the technologies, where the Note has the infamous Super AMOLED display while the G3 hosts an amazingly bright IPS LCD 5.5" screen.

http://fs01.androidpit.info/userfiles/5374817/image/lgg3-samsung-galaxy-note4-1.JPG

What are these subtle differences? We can make it very simple. Now keep it mind that both devices, due to their size and high resolution boast 500+ ppi, or pixels per inch, but it really doesn't matter because there are too many to really bother with. Your eyes cant seem them anyway, too many to count so to speak.

The first subtle difference is the brightness. traditionally the LCD's have always been brighter in outdoor situations, but in my experience both devices were visible and legible, however G3 was a tad bit better.

The second subtle difference may not be as subtle, so to speak, is the color reproduction. Again both do very well for most scenarios, but this is where the Super AMOLED really shines. Colors are at the right balanced temperature and the colors are also very deep. The G3 colors are bright and they pop however they lose some meaning sometimes. Very hard to explain.

Finally, this isn't really a screen technology feature, but the Note is 0.2" larger so in my case it wins out, but that is purely my opinion.

Until next time

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

51lF4HcBcvL._AC_.jpg

The Note 4 is a beast of a device.  It's also very expensive ($700+ off contract).  If you're gonna spend that much dough on a smartphone then it would behoove you to spend a little extra to protect your investment.  My natural instinct is to use my phones without any protection and for the first few days that's exactly what I did.  Who would want to cover up such beauty?  Better judgment prevailed and so I decided to shop around for a suitable case.  I must admit that when shopping for a case it's very important that I actually like to look at the thing.  Sure, protection is key but looks matter. 

Enter the Spigen Neo Hybrid case.  Spigen sells a couple versions and various colors however I opted for the champagne gold metal version which features an aluminum bumper.  The  case is gorgeous!  It's a dual layer design that sports an anti stretch TPU layer with the aluminum bumper on top which covers top, bottom and all sides of the device.  The buttons on the case are also aluminum and according to Spigen the buttons have a suede lining underneath to protect the actual buttons on the phone from being scratched by the metal.

The case is a perfect fit for the Sprint model.  The power and volume buttons are covered nicely and the buttons on the case with flawlessly.  There are cutouts for crucial areas such as the camera, flash and fingerprint scanner, micro USB slot, microphone and headphone jack.  The TPU layer is  slightly raised above the screen (the lip is 0.8 mm to be exact).  This will offer some drop protection for the screen especially on flat surfaces.  Of course drops on uneven surfaces are always unpredictable.

This case is for the user that is looking for some compromise between protection and an attractive design.  It's not as rugged as some other cases on the market however it does offer scratch protection and a little screen protection as well.  To be on the safe side I also picked up a tempered glass screen protector to minimize that risk.  Overall, the case is sleek and the metal bumper is a nice touch.  It doesn't add a lot of bulk either.

71OBbPAK6gL._AC_SY600_.jpg

The case costs $34.99 on Sprigen.com however I was able to pick it up for $23.99 on Amazon.  Feel free to chime in on your thoughts or experiences on this case.

Until next time,

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee

1 Comment

thero2-logo-sharp.png

note4-black.png

I received my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in November and I have enjoyed it very much the last three months. Samsung makes one of the best displays and I was not disappointed with the 5.7" Quad HD Super AMOLED®, 2560 x 1440 display on the Note 4. A display like is great for watching movies, playing games and reviewing pictures taken.

Game of War plays with no problems on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The details are great and the phone does not heat up playing it like one of my other phones. Other games play with no hesitation, pauses or anything so that you can enjoy the game of your choice.

Screenshot_2015-01-21-16-45-18.png

Taking pictures are easy and one of the things I look for in a phone. My daughter posed at a Frozen backdrop and I was able to snap it very quickly. Samsung offers several modes to choose from along with several others to download...

20141123_143916.jpg

Here is an example of Food mode I downloaded through the Download section under modes. This is a picture I had taken and used on a calendar and then took a picture of it in Food mode.

20150121_163724.jpg

Other than movies, games and taking pictures, I need a phone to make and receive calls. I am impressed with my signal strength after moving to the country compared to another phone I carry. My house is 7 miles from closest tower and I am still able to receive signal while my other phone drops signal into roaming.

My final thoughts on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is that it is one of the best phones available currently and I have recommended it to my friend and family. Visit a Sprint store and check out the Samsung Galaxy Note 4....

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee "

0 Comments

These are the top S pen games I have enjoyed on my Note 4:

https://lh4.ggpht.com/7zZqAOnIYI1GV_1ndX6qq0tlKczl3UiwW9jQLrEx2Vs9ID5fqt_BLd4sgkqw5PkImLY=w300-rwhttps://lh5.ggpht.com/8wXSjO63gCKkJlzmc8XFd4Mwk5DZWUjbRqjApZy_bLKOoRWcESOJLZt_6gL25yuGjA=h310-rwhttps://lh5.ggpht.com/4NFFnM3wKEF1fpWH-mjmGa5MBIKGREEVcD119asseRQ5tKTlEteqLpCOPpFJCZ8XIg=h310-rw

Scribble Racer:

Simple racing game where you use your spen to follow along the race track.  As you get farther the track comes faster and faster.  It also allows for a multi-player option so you can race against your friends and family.  With many differently designed tracks your sure to have a different experience everytime.

https://lh6.ggpht.com/r1nQxzWVUZfxwADLkto_h3DoD95JRAnFCAAg0k_ZaByEqG6VQdQCvCjM9UoHQuoSstDh=w300-rwhttps://lh6.ggpht.com/6CYlmf1X1NAUeIcJhqaaA63x-d-4gqtxUQprHgR3qOjmk3pk6dVTyT3xPK7X3dQr5Q=h310-rw

Draw a Stickman Epic:

This game allows you to have all the power.  You can draw what you need when you need it.  You start the game by drawing your own stickman. This will be the main character used throughout the game so draw nice.  He will not be alone and will have a buddy to assist him.  That is your responsibility to draw as well.  As I said you control your heroes fate.  For instance if you need to blow something up and there is dynamite laying around.  Draw a fire to light the dynamite up. 

https://lh5.ggpht.com/V51L51U5W21PyuCvc9sJFQHczCCv9V_WPVDzrmd6PIW_62gp8nJN_enMdiuTtltbMOI=w300-rwhttps://lh6.ggpht.com/wucFFIXGbBuLeXtoPIvFQrik44ZyC0uGaY8If98XrPyCEoPnbUoaKfZxtqaaFJ3TS0A=h310-rw

Fastest Painter:

Race against time as you have to be the fastest to draw, paint, finish up or whatever may lay ahead.  You have surprises mixed in the tricks and traps to flare the game up.  You will see famous paintings that you will have to finish.  If you love fast paced games with recognizable art you will enjoy this game.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Before we can discuss notifications done right, we have to discuss AMOLED technology. In reality, the one major difference that really matters between LCD and AMOLED technology is that on AMOLED screens, each pixel generates its own light. In LCD's, there is a backlight that lights up the display. This all boils down to:

• LCD: Displaying black means making the pixel as dark as possible to cover up the backlight's bright light. Thus why blacks look somewhat grayish.
  • AMOLED: Displaying black means turning off the pixel.

This is why AMOLED's have such awesome contrast ratios but also why, with AMOLED's, black means battery saving.

So, why am I talking about this when the subject is notifications? One word: AcDisplay

The app allows you to display notifications in a manner similar to the Moto X and the Nexus 6. You can even set it up to automatically turn on the screen and show the notifications as soon as you take the phone out of your pocket like the aforementioned phones. Set the background to black and you can check your notifications without wasting much battery power. This is especially awesome for people who constantly check their notifications or their phone's clock. This little wake ups here and there will slowly drain the battery of any phone. By having most of the screen remain technically off, you can avoid that drain with AMOLED screens.

So how does it work and look?

As you can see, when the notification comes in, you see them all at the bottom (or if you only have one notification, you see it automatically.) Clicking on the notification will give you more information. Sliding up will open the app that has the notification. Sliding down will dismiss the notification.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology.

They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador

shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the

opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to

Community members in an official capacity.

0 Comments

Here are some tips and tricks to get the full functionality of your phone:

How to add a sticky Note

http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/samsung-galaxy-note-4-review-sg-36.jpg

Photo taken from Slashgear.com

Maybe you might want to pop a quick list together or an impromptu shopping list.  Well, Slide your sPen out and click action memo.  Continue with your list and tap and hold the upper right hand pin icon.  This will allow your note to become a sticky note on your main screen.

Different templates for S-note are available

http://images.techhive.com/images/article/2014/10/note4tips_templates-100526030-large.jpg

Photo taken from greenbot.com

Pick from a plethora of templates available.  From checklist to recipe templates you have no shortage.  Simply travel over to your S-note app and begin trying your future favorite templates. My wife likes using the picture diary to kinda make a scrapbook of our youngest child's life.

Did you know you can use voice commands to take photos?

http://images.techhive.com/images/article/2014/10/note4tips_voicecommands-100526032-medium.jpg

Picture taken from Greenbot.com

Located in camera Setting menu.  This comes in handy when your hands are full or unable to push the picture taking button.  Which could also be the volume keys if selected.

I really hope you found something in here that maybe you didn't know.

For more tips and tricks visit Samsung Galaxy Note 4 tips

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Note 4.bmp

I've had the Galaxy Note 4 for a couple months now.  Over that time I've also made it a priority to read as much as I can about it.  I've seen several reviews describing the device as "the best big phone," "the best phablet," "the best Samsung phone," just to name a few.  I prefer to call it the best phone you can buy RIGHT NOW.  I've intentionally made an attempt to be hypercritical of this device mainly because I've never owned a Note series device before.  I've owned several devices including the HTC One M8, Galaxy S5 and Moto X and I will say that there is no such thing as the perfect device; however the Note 4 comes pretty close.

Screen

Remember when the 4.3" screen was considered massive?  How silly were we?  The Note 4 sports a 5.7" screen that has a sick 2650 x 1440 quad HD Amoled display and it's gorgeous.  If you haven't seen it yet... you should.  I don't care what you watch on this thing, it will look amazing.  Trust me.

Fast Charge

Samsung claims that you can charge the battery up to 50% in approximately 30 minutes while using the charger that ships with the device.  I've tried this several times and although I still haven't hit that 50% mark yet, I have consistently been able to get about a 40% charge within a half hour of charging.  The battery life on this device is already pretty good and I really never have to worry about charging it throughout the day however if you've got a big night out on the town with friends planned after work and you're not quite sure if 25% battery life will get you through the wee hours of the morning, it's definitely convenient to be able to add a quick 20% or so from a measly 15 minute charge.

S Pen

If you've seen some of my other blogs then you already know that I love the S Pen.  I think it's single handedly the most unique feature that is currently offered by any device manufacturer today.  The S Pen is a must for those of you who are always sharing content with friends and family.  Oh by the way it makes note taking very simple as well.

What I don’t like

So as I mentioned above there isn't such a thing as a perfect device but this comes pretty close.  If I did want to be nitpicky I would say that the only complaint that I have about this device is that occasionally you will run into a hiccup or two with the software.  For me this mainly happened while using the Gallery app.  I'd like to see this go away because the Gallery app is expected to be one of the most important apps in an industry where sharing media has become second nature.

Nitpicking aside, the Note 4 is by far the best device I’ve owned and I would not hesitate to recommend to any and everyone.

Take care,

Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

I was hunting through the settings menu and ran across the multi window function.   For me the feature, not new to the Note 4, isn’t one that was overly compelling until I really thought about how to get more out of the device.   The rationale behind the idea makes sense, large screen equals more real estate which would make one think running multiple apps at a time becomes more compelling and usable.  Let’s talk about how to access and my thoughts on how to use.

The Set Up

settinngs2.png

You can engage this feature in one of two ways, through the traditional settings menu under “Multi Window” or as a selection in your drop down notification tray titled in the same manner.   As illustrated in the picture it is a simple on/off selection followed by a couple of preferences.   Both preferences are pretty self-explanatory and shown as checked here but I have both turned off.   Each are automated solutions for what you can do manually and I would rather engage the multi window functionality when I so choose.   Once the functionality is turned on and your preferences set as desired hold the back key and a panel of selectable apps will appear.   Select two apps you want to simultaneously engage and arrange as you see fit by leveraging the white circle found at the top of each app’s associated window view.

The Use

So how is this functionality useful?   As I thought how to put it into practice I see this as a useful setting during research when multiple tools are required or another easy way to share content.   In the second example pictured below you will I’ve taken a picture from my gallery and am sharing it via text.   A simple drag and drop of the photo into my text client was all that was required, nice. 

coffee2.pngpic share.png

I challenge you to think about how you might use this functionality to increase the utility of your Note 4, you have the screen for it so why not use it to your advantage. 

Until Next Time,

Product Ambassador Team   

0 Comments

I don't exactly burn through batteries like some of my friends. My phones usually last me long enough to either have to charge it on the way home from work at 11PM or shortly after I get home. And that's when I'm not using bluetooth and streaming music too heavily.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4, though, is a completely different beast in this department. I can take it off the charger at 8AM, have bluetooth on the whole day, with several hours of streaming music and get home with a good 30%-40% of battery life. Now, obviously, like any other phone, playing a 3D game will quickly drain the battery but not as much as it would on a regular phone.

This phone has both a large battery as well as the smarts to use that battery efficiently.

As if that wasn't enough, Samsung has included two power saving modes.

1. The "standard" Power saving mode gives you three options that you can check or uncheck.
    • Restrict background data (one of the largest battery drains on Android phones)
    • Restrict perofmrnace (this makes sure your CPU doesn't ramp up to higher clock speeds)
    • Grayscale mode (as this screen is AMOLED, the gray scale mode lets you use a lot of shades of black which are MUCH more power efficient.)
  2. The Ultra power saving mode is much more powerful, though. It does everything the above does and so much more.
    • It applies a simplified theme throughout the phone, limiting the number of usable apps and apps that can drain power from the phone. (Another HUGE battery drain in Android, multitasking is great but it comes at the cost of battery life.)

The Ultra power saving mode is so good that it can squeeze out hours of battery life out of single digits of battery life. In fact, I used it recently when I went to bed and realized I had left my phone plugged in to my computer and my computer had charged the device. I didn't want to plug it into the charger but I didn't want to waste the battery. At the same time, I didn't want to turn it off in case I received any calls. I enabled Ultra power saving mode and in the morning woke up to a battery that had barely moved.

Screenshot_2015-01-07-21-17-06.png

So if you need a phone that will last you through the day (for the heavy users) but also last you for several days for when you are away from home, this is the phone to get! And to top it off, if you DO drain the phone, it can charge SUPER fast!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

0 Comments

One of the many popular functions or activities a user performs on a phone, especially a big guy like the Note 4, or any phablet is watch videos. Also, as these phones are big, it is very easy to drop them. But putting just any case makes it even more difficult to handle the device, let alone enjoy a video holding it in your hand. Spigen, as always, answers the call. Please welcome the Slim Armor Case for the Note 4 by Spigen.

note4_main_title_0014_stand_merged_.jpg
I miss the Evo's kick stand and finally Spigen added a kickstand to their case line up for video lovers like myself. Now I can easily watch videos on my Note without worrying about it flopping around everywhere on my desk. But enough about that, lets talk a bit about the case in general.

This case is a 2 piece setup, where you have a silicon rubbery cover that goes over your device, and then another plastic cover goes over it. Spigen suggests this choice is for several reasons. One, that they can offer various colors that the users can swap out whenever they like. Two, it offers better shock absorbtion hence protecting the device much better than a single piece cover and the ruber exterior allows for better slip resistance.

I have been using this case since I got my Note 4 and I have to say it is very slim and does not add too much to the size of the device. It also allows me to easy reach the heart rate sensor on the back easily and pull the pen out without any obstruction. One thing I dont like though is how flimsy the kickstand is with out the device in the case. However Spigen explains on their website that it is by design and once the device is covered, the kick stand gets some strength into it which I can attest to.

All in all, it is a marvelous case and I am able to enjoy my phone with it. I cannot image my phone without a case and neither should you.

Until next time.

-- Your Product Ambassador Team

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Note 4 Spigen Case: Take 2

Normally for any one device you would only have to suffer through a single post concerning case options that I fancy.   Well you are in luck or out of it because I had to come back with a part 2 after I found another option I had to get my hands on.   In my first write up I highlighted two cases by Spigen for the Note 4, the Tough Armor in white and the Ultra Hybrid in a clear backing.  (link to the original write up listed below)  A fair question is why anyone would go through 3 cases in the course of a month’s time?   In my defense I did get one without cost and the second wasn’t my favorite, thus when an appealing option came available I couldn’t resist.  Enter Spigen’s Neo Hybrid Series, by far my favorite from a design standpoint and my last case for this device. . . I promise.   Spigen has a history of complementing device design rather than just cover the device form factor which is what drew me to the Neo Hybrid.   I’m a big fan of the design improvements made on the Note 4, particularly the exterior execution.  The soft and textured matte finished backing coupled with the metal edging finally gave a Samsung device a high quality look and feel.   Spigen built the Neo Hybrid to mirror that design through a two piece case that evokes a soft textured backing and you guessed it, a metal like edge. A nice touch to the case is the use of metal for the button overlays.  I ordered the Satin Silver version of the case and the polished buttons complement the polycarbonate hard frame quite nicely.  In addition to the aesthetic appeal you also get a good level of protection, here are a few of the protection abilities of the device as described on Spigen’s website:

Protection Features:

• Advanced Shock Absorption Technology: Web Pattern TPU case
  • Matte TPU and Polycarbonate for drop and scratch protection
  • Lay on the table design: 0.8mm lip for optimal screen protection

Here are a few pics so you can check it out. I highly recommend this case both for style and protection, a win/win in my book.

Until Next Time-

Product Ambassador Team

image 1.jpg

image 2.jpg

image 3.jpg

Previous Case Post:

Sprint Product Ambassadors:  Spigen Cases

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment

I am not sure about what your phone can do you for you, but the Galaxy Note 4 camera is stocked full of tricks and features to make your photos fun and unique.

For starters, this camera can take Rear-camera selfies. All you need to do is go into camera mode and select Rear-cam selfie. You can center the center box on where you would like for your photo to appear. Turn the camera around and it will beep to indicate the acknowledgement of your face and within two seconds your picture will be taken.

Screenshot_2014-12-18-08-29-01.jpgScreenshot_2015-01-04-20-44-57.png

Selective Focus: Provides an easy solution to clear up and make an object standout within a picture. You can’t get a feature like this on a basic SLR or compact camera.

Panorama is a pretty common feature on most high end smart phones, but the Galaxy Note 4 does an awesome job in guiding you around for a perfect picture.

Virtual tours is great for taking some shots of your surroundings

Dual Camera will allow you to plug your face into any object with many options to tailor your shot to perfection.

Shot & More think of it as a rapid picture taking or a continuous shot when you are taking a picture of something in action.

Screenshot_2015-01-04-20-50-06.pngScreenshot_2015-01-04-20-54-13.png

Needless to say, you have a lot of options to explore with including creating a setting short cuts to manage in addition to the above settings.

*photos taken by screenshots

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

I have had the Galaxy Note four for weeks now and many people have either stopped me or committed on how beautiful the Galaxy Note four is. Even some of my family and friends who are die hard Apple users are starting to switch to Samsung.

For me personally, there are about 7 categories which really stands out on the Galaxy Note 4 and Samsung does a beautiful job by pointing out the features with an app directly on the device. You see this gives you quick summary and some details for your viewing pleasure.

Screenshot_2014-12-18-08-28-38.jpg

Galaxy Note4:

• Ultimate viewing: This is what most people will notice the post. The note 4 has a bright, vibrant color that adds depth and character to your device. With the 5.7 HD Super AMOLED screen, you can have multiple windows going at once without sacrificing one window over the next. Fully customizable to allow you to manage how and what you would like for your device to display.
  • Superb Camera: I cannot describe how beautiful the camera is and all of the many options in which it has to manage photos and videos. It is one that must be seen in person. Key features Auto selfie and wide selfie was a hit during the holiday season for me.
  • Enhanced S Pen: During the fall semester, I enjoyed the most because I could take a picture of notes that were written on the board and edit them right on my Galaxy Note 4. You can also do the same on hand written notes or text out of a book. It is also easy to select and paste to a text, note, or window for easy sharing.
  • Fast Charging: New to the Note 4 you can get a 50% charge within 30 minutes. Of course, you would need to use the charger that came with the device to obtain this level of speed in charging.
  • Design: Well it fits comfortable in my hand, and front and back slacks pockets. Light weight and sturdy in hand.
  • Wearable: You can pair up with the awesome Gear S, Gear VR and the Gear Circle
  • Accessories: Samsung has created many accessories to fulfill your needs such as the popular S-View Cover, Flip Wallet, Level Box mini and the Mono BT headset. Of course, you can always pair the Note 4 with many compatible accessories that are out there.

If you still can’t decide, stop by a Sprint store or check out more of our blogs from the Sprint Product Ambassadors team.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

During the holidays I had the pleasure in visiting my families and friends in areas where there is little to no cell tower coverage. Luckily, I had my handy Galaxy Note 4 which supports Wi-Fi calling and with it I was able to make and receive phone calls while I was out in the middle of nowhere.  It’s simply and easy to use. All you need is a capable Wi-Fi broadcasting network and a Wi-Fi calling capable device.  If you have these two, then you are ready to do some Wi-Fi calling along with data surfing.

Also, this is a neat feature to use if you are in need to talk and surf the web at the same time. It’s not a common thing to do, but I do find the need to surf the web while I am on the phone.

First go into settings on your Note 4 and select Wi-Fi Calling.

Next, turn on the Wi-Fi calling feature.

In my example, you will see two categories. One labeled as Wi-Fi Calling Enabled Wi-Fi Networks and the other as Add Wi-Fi Calling to a Wi-Fi network.

I am going to select a network from my list of available networks from Add Wi-Fi Calling to a Wi-Fi network. Note: only select the network in which you are within range of and connected to. Otherwise, your connection will fail.

Screenshot_2015-01-04-17-27-28.pngScreenshot_2015-01-04-17-28-18.pngScreenshot_2015-01-04-17-32-19.png

Select Wi-Fi Calling again and now you can register your location via two methods. You can allow the device e to locate you or you can input your address manually.

Screenshot_2015-01-04-17-34-33.pngScreenshot_2015-01-04-17-37-17.png

Once you have entered your address, select save and your device will now setup to configure itself to Wi-Fi calling. You can verify this from the notification pulled down window where you can also turn off the feature and you will notice this from the keypad window where the green talk button is labeled with an icon indicating Wi-FI. The third image shows the non-Wi-Fi icon.

Screenshot_2015-01-04-17-40-11.pngScreenshot_2015-01-04-17-41-06.pngScreenshot_2015-01-04-17-42-56.png

From there, dial your number as you normally would and all of your calls will be delivered and received over the Wi-Fi network connection in which you had connected to.

0 Comments

As personal fitness wearables trend due to the fitness movement across the country Samsung made sure the Gear S wasn't left out of the conversation.   Though not solely focused on being a health related accessory Samsung did integrate the expected pedometer features and a couple of other health related ones that you might not expect.  As with the user interface across the device the health functions are presented in a user friendly manner and easy to navigate due to the increase real estate via the larger vibrant screen.  Here is a quick peek at the functions at your disposal:

The tools to a healthier you

menu screen.png

Accessibility to the health feature set can be done one of two ways, through the app menu off the main screen or as a setable home screen pictured to the left.   As pictured some of the expected functions are present in the pedometer and heart rate function but sleep quality and UV level detection?  

pedometer.png

exercise.png

Pedometer and Exercise-   Though these features seem pedestrian. .  .  ya I’m that funny. . .  there are some really cool functions to leverage.   The daily step goal will default to 10K but that is customizable and you can select a “cheer me on” feature as motivation. “Cheer me On” will flash a special icon when you have walked at a pace of 100 steps per minute for a 10 minute period, a brisk daily goal for a healthy calorie burn.  The exercise features pictured to the right will track pace and heart rate for any one of the four activities pictured.   By default location based services are off on the Gear S so make sure you go into the settings and turn that connection type on, otherwise you will need to have it connected to a GPS enabled handset.

sleep track.png

Sleep-   want to find out your quality of sleep and how much you are getting?   Elect to have your sleep data recorded and you will get a read out of how still you were while in rest.   Leveraging it's gyroscope the Gear S tracks how much of your sleep time you lie still making the assumption that the less you move the higher state of sleep quality you are in.  Good for those with normal sleep habits, bad for you sleep walkers and nocturnal aerobics instructors. 

UV.png

UV- One of those features that makes you initially scratch your head but eventually makes sense.   By exposing the face of the Gear S toward the big fire ball in the sky a UV read out will be provided giving you an indication if your exposure rate is healthy.    In addition to the overall exposure level information you will receive tips on how to mitigate overexposure, pale skins and vampires rejoice.

Within the menu you will find the option to measure heart rate, another feature that has become a staple.   To set expectations appropriately this feature is a little tricky, until you get the hang of it you will get unable to read messages frequently.   I'm at the point now where I can get it to work about 70% of the time.   Overall I’m enjoying these features, not must haves by any sense but nice to have for additional insights.  A nice complement to the core features I use day in day out to make a well-rounded product.

Until next time-

Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

I've had a chance to read up on all of the changes with the S Pen from the Note 3 to the Note 4 and wanted to provide some thoughts on the writing experience improvements.   The Note 3 was my first device with a stylus and although I didn't originally adopt the device for this feature it quickly grew to one of my favorites.   I grew to appreciate the ability to take handwritten notes on the spot and clip and scrapbook content from various sources.  Now on my second iteration of the S Pen in the Note 4 I'm happy to say that the improvements made to the user experience has made me that much more of a fan.

The Feel

Tester_0.jpg

I'm going to focus my comments in this post around the improvements in the feel and responsiveness of the writing experience.  Many articles I've read from the regular sources like Android Central, CNET, and the likes state Samsung focused on enhancing the experience to closer mimic the feel of real pen to paper.   Tracking sensitivity has been doubled to more accurately keep pace with your writing speed, sense the amount of pressure applied, and identify the angle of the pen to influence the writing style captured.   The image to the right is a test I performed in S Note, you can see the thickness of the words captured are influenced by the amount of pressure I applied each mirroring closer what would occur on actual paper.    The experience tweaks accomplish the intended targeted results, the Note 4 pen is much closer to a pen to paper feel that you just don't get from the Note 3.  I'm not bashing the Note 3's experience but I did find that the pen's touch was closer to what you get when providing an electronic signature at a grocery store vs. the more nature feel on the Note 4.  The utility beast hooked up with a design beauty and the results are a much improved baby.   

Pen Options

pen options.png

On the theme of producing an experience closer to traditional pen and paper I wanted to point out another welcome enhancement.  Within S Note you now have pen style and writing options all consolidated into a well packaged drop down menu screen.   The writing captured in the picture is done with the standard pen selection but you have options ranging from a plain old pencil to a sophisticated calligraphy pen.  Options are always welcome as long as they don't clutter the experience, Samsung has done a nice job of achieving both here.

In all I'm enjoying the latest iteration of the S Pen, taking notes feel natural and I don't struggle as much with my chicken scratch quality handwriting to capture legible text. I've slowly moved toward leveraging Action notes and S Notes as my preferred note taking method during meetings and random acts of remembrance.  As always if you have any questions don't hesitate to post a comment and I'll follow up.

Until Next Time-

Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

Advanced Camera.PNG

The Note 4 is a power house of a device and the camera really shows it! Photography has always been  a hobby for me and I love seeing what smart phones

are capable of and what camera's have to offer. In today's world it's not easy carrying around a nice digital camera or DSLR all the time. For Christmas I received

two great accessories for my Note 4 that, IMO, are essential for any amateur photographer, they are both found on Amazon:

RetiCAM® Smartphone Tripod Mount with Conversion Kit

Cell Phone Mount.PNG

This a great adapter and I made sure to get the conversion kit to accommodate larger devices like the N4 but having the ability to swap out to hold smaller devices as well. AND! it will

mount to any tripod.

The second accessory that I have been having a lot of fun with is:

Flexible Tripod

tripod.PNG

This is nice because you can wrap the legs around a pole or  branch and even bend it in such a way that you can get the camera almost down to the ground for those close up macro shots.

These are two accessories that I've really being having a lot of fun with and they are both easy to toss in a bag and take with you whenever you travel or just out and want to take some photos.

Here are a couple of fun shots I took with the N4 using these

Honey.jpgRC HELI.jpg

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the
company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint
devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador
shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this
post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not
represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond
to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

0 Comments

samsung-unpacked-gear-vr-4.jpg

Photo credit: The Verge

If you have been reading our Product Ambassador blogs on the Note 4, you know by now that it's an amazing device.  From it's design and construction to it's display, camera, stylus and software features, it's arguably the best Galaxy series phone that Samsung has ever made.

But did you know that it's also a portal into another world?  In fact, another reality altogether?

By placing the Note 4 into Samsung's Gear VR headset, you can be instantly transported to another place and time through the magic of virtual reality.  By partnering with Oculus, Samsung has created a cutting edge, immersive 3D VR experience that doesn't need a bunch of clunky servers and tangled wires to work; it simply harnesses the computing power that is already in your smartphone.  The Gear VR coupled with the Note 4 provides one of the first true consumer VR products to ever hit the market.

samsung-gear-vr-product-photos11.jpg

Product description (source: Samsung):

The new Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition delivers a completely new experience you’ve never seen before, literally surrounding you with virtual video, images and games in a full 360 degree immersive environment. The Galaxy Note 4’s amazing screen and processor makes it all possible. Samsung’s industry leading Super AMOLED display technology and cutting-edge Oculus-driven software fuse to create an experience that you have to see to believe. With the Gear VR Innovator Edition, users can explore new worlds, be on-stage at a performance with full 360 degree video, and can enjoy gaming in a way that’s never been done before – all with just your Galaxy Note 4 and Gear VR Innovator’s Edition.

The real achievement here is the ultra low latency (<20ms) which is critical for VR to work.  As the human eye is extremely fast, the "motion to photon" measurement must be extremely fast or else the viewer will detect blur which ruins the realism.

Capture.JPG

In addition to being fast and well designed, Oculus and Samsung have plenty of content for Gear VR users, including games, videos, photo apps, cinema experiences, travel apps and much much more.  The Oculus SDK also allows developers to create just about anything they want to from VR movies to games and beyond.  Really the possibilities are endless.

Of course bleeding edge tech does come at a price, and the Gear VR is not cheap at $199 for the Innovator edition.  But looking at it from another perspective many of the existing VR systems that are available today are overpriced and poorly designed so you could do much worse.  Definitely worth a look if you have a Note 4 and a bit of spare mad money. 

Unfortunately, the Gear VR is not available through Sprint at this time, but you can buy them direct from Samsung today right here.  And if you do take the plunge, happy travels to the myriad of other worlds waiting for you!  We have to admit, we're a little bit jealous and wish we could go with you!

Until next time,

Disclaimer:
to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Welcome back! This time I will briefly go over some of the key software enhancements I believe make the Note 4 a better phone. So lets get into it.

S-Pen enhancements:

note-4-spen.png
Most of the cool features of the S-Pen are still there Phew! however Samsung went ahead and added this neat Photo Note feature where you get to take a picture of a whiteboard or anything with writing on it, and you get to edit it, add to it and in some cases convert it into digital text. This feature is a MUST HAVE for your office meetings, or any meetings where you take notes. I cannot function without it.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

Multi-Tasking:

With the Note 4, Samsung has made multi-tasking just like windows, really! You can not only do the traditional top/bottom view like before, you can resize and move the windows around. If they are in the way, you can make them small like Facebook's chat heads and move them around or away from what you are working on. This takes a little getting used to initially but again, once you get used to it, you cannot go back. I use this ability daily when anwering calls and going back to read emails for pertinent information. Very useful feature.

note-4-software.png

86.jpg

In my opinion, these 2 enhancements are by themselves worth the upgrade hence I spent some time briefly to go over them. Soon I will be going into some detailed examples of how I use them and how they made my life better

-- Your Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

I have owned many Samsung devices and I will say right now that this is the best Samsung device I have ever had the honor of owning. This phone pretty much covers just about everything with quality!

My favorite part for sure was the screen size of 5.7 with the Quad HD display! Talk about quality picture! I absolutely love watching movies on this baby! The best picture from a 5.7 screen I have seen! I use my phone a lot to watch movies and play games, so the bigger and clearer it is, the better. Which is why I love the Note 4 so much!

The camera...... words cannot describe how happy I am with the camera. I took it on vacation and to some events with my church, I will tell you that the picture quality is outstanding. With the 16MP camera and the OIS makes it an all around great picture almost every time!

Battery life is amazing! There are 2 other phones that get a little bit more life, but not by a huge amount. The big thing I like with this one is the fast charging! Its the fastest charging phone I have had. Especially for a 3220 mAh this battery life will do what you need it to do.

There is so much about this phone to be liked! these are just a few! Check out the Note 4 and you will be pleased!

Your Product Ambassador Team

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology.

They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador

shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions

of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community

members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

With the S Pen, I will say that I have that this is my first S Pen experience. It is a lot of fun and find myself using it quite a bit.

My favorite part is Air Command. All I have to do is hover over the screen with the S Pen and click the S Pen side button. This allows me to access multiple options including Screen Write, Image Clip, Smart Select, and Action Memo.

Action Memo: This option allows me to quickly access memos and create new memos. Once activated you can choose to also go into S Note which allows you to select multiple formats, backgrounds, style, etc. This way you get to  have a fully customized memo that you can store for later or send to someone else.

Smart Select: This allows you to crop a section of your screen. This comes in handy if you are trying to capture an image for an avatar, or logo, etc. This also makes a great way to just take one piece of a picture (Maybe just one person out of a group Photo) and make it into a picture with just that one person. (This also comes in handy for making Contact photos)

Image Clip: This will give you the ability to clip out an area in any shape you want. This could make for a fun crafting feature, or just if you need some info from your screen but want to make it fun.

Screen Write: This is by far my favorite feature on the S Pen. Screen Write allows me to take a screenshot of something, then write on it. This is a very cool way to make like a greeting card or just give yourself a reminder. You can send this image to anyone or just keep it for yourself!

The S Pen has so many practical uses and I enjoy using it for my daily tasks!

Your Product Ambassador Team

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology.

shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions

of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community

0 Comments

thero2-logo-sharp.png

Spt_T_blk_600x600_xlarge_bk.jpg

One thing I always look forward to in a new phone is the camera along with what options/features come with it. The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has a 16 MP rear facing camera with Optical Image Stabilization along with several adjustment options and camera modes.

Grid Lines

One of the first things I check for in any camera is the ability to turn on Grid Lines. This is an option available through the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in the setting menu. Grid Lines are defaulted to off so it is a feature that has to be turned on if someone wants to use this feature.

Turn on GL.PNG

1. From a Home screen tap on Camera ( or access from Apps).

2. Tap Settings icon (looks like a cog or gear)

3. Tap the 3 dots for More options (options are listed in alphabetical order)

4. Tap Grid lines: Display viewfinder grid lines to help composition when selecting

I like to use Grid Lines when I take a picture to help break the image up into thirds or 9 sections to see where I want my point of focus to be. The Grid Lines do not show up on my pictures, only on my LCD display. They are also very helpful in keeping horizon lines straight....

Selective Focus

This feature is used to make an object standout while blurring other objects. Each phone uses this feature differently and I really like how Samsung added it to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I collect old Hot Wheels so this can be fun to play with...

Turning on SF.PNG

1. Touch your camera.

2. Touch the MODE icon to modify to the Selective focus

3. Touch the Selective Focus.

4. Touch OK.

5. Touch and choose the objects you’ll want to be in focus.

In addition, you’re able to do refocusing via Gallery right after capturing picture.

1. Touch the Gallery option.
  2. Touch the actual Selective focus icons on photo.
  3. Touch the actual Selective focus icons on photo.
  4. You can choose focus which you really want on taken photos. Select the Near focus or Far focus or Pan focus. Near Focus is actually standard default result which focused on near object, and Far Focus is actually objection of Near focus and Pan Focus is clear picture focused to all range.
  5. When finished, choose Save

Here is an example of a picture I took of my Hot Wheels using Selective Focus

SL example.PNG

There are several uses for selective focus, I like to use it for taking picture of my Hot Wheels mainly to bring more attention to it instead of other things that might appear in the background...

• Was this useful information?
  • Have you used Grid Lines or Selective Focus before?
  • What other topics would you like to see in one of my blogs on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

Thanks for viewing my blog and follow me as I will be blogging more over the next couple of weeks on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Samsung Gear S.

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee "

0 Comments

thero2-logo-sharp.png

device.png

One of the things I have heard from some that I have shown my Note 4 to is "it is to big" and "cannot use it with one hand" or "hands were to small"... well I have an answer for those that need a keypad little smaller or home keys on the side or ability to make screen size smaller and still have a big screen when needed.

The feature is called One-handed operation.... Samsung has added several options within this feature of the phone to help those that want the larger screen and still operate one-handed.

Reduce Screen Size

Reduce screen size.PNG

This option reduces the screen size to make it more comfortable for one-handed operations. This can be activated on the left or right side of the screen. By pressing the top corner the screen can be made larger or smaller or moved back to full screen by pressing on the double arrow in the top corner near the edge of the Note 4.

Screenshot_2014-12-23-16-06-03.png

I generally activate mine to the right side as I generally have my Note 4 in my right hand.

One-handed input

One handed.PNG

Another option available is one-handed input. I can make my dial pad, calculator, and keyboard smaller to make it easier to use one handed in while using everything else in full screen. This would be handy for dialing numbers when the other hand isn't free to hold the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to dial a number.

One handed examples.PNG

The keyboard option was to small for me to use, although the dial pad was just right if I needed to use it.

Side key panel

Side key panel.PNG

The side key panel gives access to home button and other (menu option when activating to select which options desired) buttons on either side of the phone. When not used, the side key panel can be hidden. Another option available is the ability to move it around from one side of the screen to the other...

Side Key panel example.PNG

I can barely see the panel when it is hidden and tried it in a few different locations to see how it would work for me...

Samsung added this handy option to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and I wanted to check it out myself. I thought the screenshots would also make it easier to see how One-handed operation looks.

• Does this information help you decide on the Note 4?
  • What else would you like to see in one of my blogs on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

Follow me for I will be blogging on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Samsung Gear over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for reading my blog and have a great day!

Blue

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee "

0 Comments

Wanting to keep up with all the latest news without going to 15 websites? Well, flipboard is for you then! With Flipboard you have access to thousands of resources that you can follow and be updated with regularly. You can customize your feed with many options such as sports, health, news, auto, home, apps, food, t.v., gaming, music, movies, and on and on and on! Doesnt matter what your interests are, it will be here on your flipboard!

All you have to do to access this is swipe to the right when you are on your home screen and you are there! All the information you need right at your fingertips within seconds! Its that easy! No more missing that news article, or that sports score, not with flipboard at your finger tips.

I have really enjoyed this feature and have been using it alot. I have compared it to a lot of other news feeds and I must say that this is right there with the others.

My favorite sections are the Sports and the Technology! To customize your feeds, all you have to do is while in the Flipboard select the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and check mark the feeds you want! And BOOM! you got it!

You Sprint Product Ambassador Team

1 Comment

With so many choices to cover your Note 4 with please allow me to help you come to that conclusion.  I have read and read to come to the same answer you're trying to come to.  Things I looked for was durability while still staying thin enough that it wasn't to bulky, style, and functionality.  So here is what I have found:

Spigen Slim Armor Note 4 case with kickstand:

http://lghttp.16708.nexcesscdn.net/80849A/spigen/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/o/note4_main_title_0014_stand_merged_.jpg

(Picture taken from Spigen.com)

This case provides something I never thought I had missed but found out I did.  My last kickstand came complimentary of the HTC EVO.  Although the stand isn't a big deal I have found alot of occasions it has come in handy.  The Slim Armor cover many things I look for.  It offers good protection while staying slim.  The design is nice and not a simple solid color over the entire case.  One more thing I like is the fact that you don't have to push hard to access the volume buttons or power.  I have had cases that you had to push hard for the key to register the fact that you were pushing them.  Not much pressure needed with these buttons.  Over great case that meets many of my needs.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S View Flip Cover

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/aplusautomation/vendorimages/57c71d74-379b-4acb-beb5-39641f8556a7._V322124576_.jpg

(Picture taken from Amazon.com)

I am a fan of the open face case and not having to flip the case.  But having used the S view case and having the ability to have the quick access while staying protected is something I enjoy.  The case allows you to view what is needed with out having to open it. There are alot of apps built to allow you to fully use the S view case.  It allows protection on front and back and staying skinny.  It has a great feel and many color choices.  This case meets many of my needs. 

ZAGG Invisible Shield Glass

http://cdn.gottabemobile.com/wp-content/uploads/Galaxy-Note-4-ZAGG-InvisibleShield-Glass-Screen-Proector.jpg

(Picture Taken from Gottabemobile.com)

While reading this you might say "Well I don't like any case on my phone".  Well that's ok as long as you protect it in some way or another.  The most important pice to protect is the screen.  So I give you my last choice the Invisible Shield Glass protector.  With this screen protector you will have no worries about carrying your phone around without a case.  ZAGG also offers to replace you protector it it breaks or gets worn at no additional cost.  Which is very good considering it will cover you the lifetime of your phone.

4 Comments

If you ever have an opportunity to host a widely popular awards show, and then decide to take a selfie with you and all your best Hollywood actor friends, and then promise to "break Twitter," I sure hope you're packing the Samsung Galaxy Note4!

The Note 4 has an awesome feature built into it's front-facing camera called "Wide selfie." Wide selfie is like taking a panoramic photo using the selfie camera. That way you can get an entire group of people, or maybe a fantastic, sprawling background, in the picture.

The front-facing "selfie" cam is 3.7 MP and takes native 90 degree wide shots. Switch over to Wide selfie and you can get up to 120 degrees of breadth in your photo. You can switch to Wide selfie mode when you launch the camera, switch to front-facing camera and then hit the "Mode" button.

Screenshot_2014-12-19-12-31-21_resized.png

OK, I admit I may not break Twitter with my cold winter selfies taken on the Sprint campus in Overland Park, KS. But I hope you 'get the picture'... get it? Here are some examples of what normal selfie and Wide selfie modes look like.

Holding the phone upright in "portrait" or vertical mode:

Normal selfie --

vert-norm.jpg

Wide selfie -- Notice how much more background is captured behind me.

vert-wide.jpg

Holding the phone on its side in "landscape" or horizontal mode:

Normal selfie --

horiz-norm.jpg

Wide selfie --

horiz-wide.jpg

There you have it - Wide selfie on the Galaxy Note 4.

I hope this helps you get the most from your device. Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

2 Comments

samsung-gregory-lee.jpg

Here in the Product Ambassador team we like to talk a lot about devices.  They're fun, cool and exciting and really the reason why our team started in the first place; Corporate Communications and Product Marketing found that the #1 thing that readers cared about was gadgets, and thus, the PA team was born.

But when new devices come out, with all of the ooo's and ahh's and specs and capabilities flying around, it's easy to forget that PEOPLE are behind these wonderful things.  Very smart, interesting and innovative people.  Gregory Lee, Samsung's new North American chief heading up with Samsung Electronics America and Samsung Telecommunications America is definitely one to watch as the Korea becomes more reliant on their US based resources especially in the areas of R&D and design.

His bio:

Mr. Gregory Lee is President and CEO of Samsung Electronics North America and Samsung Telecommunications America. As the company’s lead executive in North America, he is responsible for overseeing the company’s businesses in Canada and the United States. Maintaining his position as head of Samsung Telecommunications America, he will continue to lead the company’s mobile business operations and strengthening its leading positions in the smartphone and wireless markets in the U.S.

Mr. Lee has a long history with Samsung Electronics, having joined the company in 2004 as Global Chief of Marketing in the Samsung Electronics Heaquarters in Korea. Prior to his current position, he served as President of Samsung’s Southeast Asia and Oceania Headquarters for three and a half years.

Before joining Samsung, Mr. Lee’s experiences include Johnson & Johnson, Kellogg’s and Procter & Gamble in general management and marketing. Mr. Lee started his career in the United States and has worked extensively in both the U.S. and Asia.

Replacing Dale Sohn who was brought back to Korea to advise JK Shin himself, Lee comes with the experience necessary to lead Samsung's US efforts in a time of uncertainty for the company where it's mobile US and global market share has fallen drastically, over 49% in Q314 and 79% YOY.  Much of the threat comes not only from arch-rival Apple who finally moved to larger screen sizes this year with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus but from Chinese OEMs like Xiaomi who are putting out great product at much lower cost while appealing to Chinese consumers in a way that Samsung can't due to lack of cultural understanding, at least in the short term.

But Samsung is a massive company and for it's size is known to adapt quickly to market conditions, so by no means should you count them out yet.  They are hedging bets with research centers and incubators in California's Silicon Valley while at the same time doubling down on cutting edge design by leveraging San Francisco based Samsung Design America, creators of the Gear Fit fitness band, the Gear S connected smartwatch and the incredible premium audio line, Level.

Gregory Lee will certainly need to tap these resources if he hopes to return Samsung to growth in the mobile space, and devices like the Note 4 are certainly the way forward.  With incredible performance matched with excellent industrial design, the Note 4 and other future devices like it should herald a new beginning for Samsung in a space that they primarily owned worldwide up until very recently.

Until next time,

Disclaimer:

0 Comments

QCQC.JPG

You have been out of most of the day heavily using your new Galaxy Note 4 and when you get home you notice that your battery is low, maybe around 20%.  You plug it in using the kitted charger and 30 minutes later, your battery is nearly at 100%, if not completely charged.

What gives? Is it luck?  Is it magic? Neither.

It's a wonderful technology invented by Qualcomm called Quick Charge, the second iteration (2.0) of which is implemented on the Galaxy Note 4.  Samsung calls this "Adaptive Fast Charging" but you'll call it awesome and is one of the many killer features on the Note 4.  For someone who often travels for work, this is a long overdue feature that I don't think I could live without.  While I have portable battery packs and power banks in my backpack, the ability to quickly get my Note 4 charged and ready to go is great.

Capture.JPG

Driven by advancements in the latest Snapdragon processors, Quick Charge 2.0 offers 75% faster charging than conventional methods, and you will most definitely notice the difference.

In laboratory tests using a 3300mAh battery, a Quick Charge 2.0 enabled device went from 0% to 60% charge in 30 minutes, while a device without Quick Charge 2.0 using a conventional (5 volt, 1 amp) charger achieved just a 12% gain in the same 30 minutes. A device with Quick Charge 1.0 managed a 30% charge in that time period.

Source: Qualcomm

So live your life with less "battery life anxiety" with Adaptive Fast Charging aka Quick Charge 2.0 available on the Note 4.  Trust us, you'll love having "less time charging, more time doing"!

Until next time,

Disclaimer: