ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 7 and no Wifi-calling?...really??

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Note 7 and no Wifi-calling?...really??

Is there an estimate of when this update will come out?

Sprint Social Care

Hi,

We don't have and ETA ,but it will be the first update available.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

yes i would also need an eta on this update. if it is going to be more than a month or an i dont know i cant keep this phone. i will return it until the wifi is returned. then probably get it agian. the phone becomes nearly useless if i cant recieve calls at all times.

Sprint Social Care

TYRANT160

We understand. There is just not an estimated time setup yet. I would recommend that you wait a little longer before returning the phone. By then , the issue may have been resolved.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

how long should i wait? how long do i have until i cant return the device? i got my device on the 19th. alot of people are telling me i should have waited so i dont get caught with initial problems. i didnt think wifi calling was going to be one of those problems. i need to know a time frame because this will hinder the use of my phone by alot. at work i have no signal at all since i am under ground but there is wifi. after i go home i got wifi at home and the cell tower signal is so bad that i constantly get drop calls. so you can see how a 24 day looks like i dont have a phone.

Journeyman

The problem with waiting to return the phone is that there are restrictions after certain days based on the place of purchase. If I wait to return my phone, it may not be able to be returned, or a penalty will apply.

Sprint Social Care

TYRANT160

Your request for a ETA is very reasonable. However we don't have that information yet. You can return your device writhing the 14 days of purchase. So if you purchased the device on the 19th, you will have to return it by September 2nd. To review our return policy visit: https://www.sprint.com/landings/returns/ If you have any other questions or concerns, let us know.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

VersaOwner77

You are right! I was suggesting you wait as long as possible before you have to return it, incase the update arrives within that time.  If the issue is the signal at home, we may have a solution. Sprint offers a Free Airave signal booster to customers like yourself that don't have strong signal at home. Let me take a look at your account and see if you qualify.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the Airave, however I lost the power cord for it when we had a fire a few months back and all of our electronics went to a special cleaner. I also don't believe it was working right prior to the fire.

Sprint Social Care

VersaOwner77

Sorry to hear about the fire. Are you ok? To replace the Airave cord, contact the airave suppost team at 866-556-7310. They will also help you troubleshoot the device. How do you like the Note7 ? Besides the Wi-Fi issue.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I like the phone. I had to Note 5 prior to this, so there's not much different. The new USB C port is nice, the water resistance is something I'm afraid to try, but was a huge selling point when my kids play with my phone. The curved edge of the screen gives a little more comfort to holding the phone without a case, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle when trying to get a screen protector for it and a case that doesn't block the usefulness to the edges. I'm glad the memory card slot is back. I'd have preferred a larger battery (or replaceable one), but it's a solid improvement from the prior one.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

That's great! Although I wouldn't want to "try" that is water resistant. It's a shame that you can't see the cell  to admire the curves because a cover is a must!

I can see how much you like the device. Why not give the Airave department a call and see where you stand with that. If they can get the Airave working for you, it will certainly help until the update comes thrugh.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat