cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 7 and no Wifi-calling?...really??

Go to solution
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Galaxy Note 7 and no Wifi-calling?...really??

is everyone waiting for the swap to one of the non affected devices or did most of you switch to a S7 or the other option they gave?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm waiting for the replacement note. I have no desire to go with the S7.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

personally thats what i would be doing. couple things to try and keep safe for now would be to fully charge it BEFORE going to bed..so you can be more aware of it..then before bed unplug it. better safe than sorry.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Funny, I never thought of it like that. I just moved the phone from my headboard to the dresser.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

im one of many out there that charge their phones at night while i sleep so its fully charged and ready in the morning...whats to say the problem doesnt pop up while youre sleeping? that is something i wouldnt risk.

Highlighted
Master

with what I have read online, the issue is more on the phones sold on S. Korea. So far I have not seen a report for a US device getting so hot that it melted.

I never saw my Note 7 get hot, charging, using it or doing both.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

i came across one a week or two ago about a device catching fire here in the U.S...if memory serves it was  a Note 7...for the life of me though i cant find that post or thread..

Highlighted
Journeyman

So my husband has the Wifi-calling feature on his Note 7 and I don't. How is that?

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Good morning MrsJayPhillips

That is strange! Have you downloaded the latest update on the device? If you did, did you get any type of error?

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Your husband's phone has been updated. You need to manually update yours.

Settings>System Update>Download Updates Manually

Highlighted
Journeyman

Might I add, once you've downloaded (manually), you often must tell your device to install the upgrade.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

keep in mind that this device has been recalled for battery issues. so until they kick out the replacement devices in a week or two be cautious with charging it..avoid charging it at night while asleep etc.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat