cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 7 Recall

Journeyman

Note 7 Recall

I pro-ordered my Note 7 online, I got my phone, got it activated all without talking to someone. When the recall came around, I went to my local store to have my old phone reactivated, I was told that as long as I don't over charge the battery I was fine to go ahead and use it until the replacements were available. I went to the same store to get a replacement, since I ordered it online they said I would have to call in to get a replacement ordered due to limited inventory. I get that, but the e-mails and texts all said to visit a store, and even when I called in I was referred to the store. They reluctently exchange the phone. Granted, I didn't have the box and accessories, so I can understand not getting the box for the replacement phone, but the person at the store didn't want to do the Smart Switch from the previous Note 7 to the replacement, he did finally agree to transfer "files" and "messages" but said that it would take 45 minutes to transfer the app information. I asked if he could use the cable, he said that it takes the same amount of time (which I know is incorrect) but at this point I am like whatever. I ask to do the factory reset, he finally hands me back my old phone, I turn off the back up and reset the old phone. I leave and start to set up my replacement, frustrated cause not all the audio files transfered, and who knows what else and getting it set back up the way I like it, which all could have been avoided by using the Smart Switch app. I start looking at the e-mails I recieved from the phone return, first of all, I was not offered a paper copy of anything, I was not asked to sign anything, even on the tablet. I start looking at the reciepts, they look confusing but I can get over that, then I get to one that as a signature and initials on it. This is what concerns me to most as I didn't sign or inital anything when I was in the store today. I have a feeling that this is not normal practice or ethical if it is restarting my retail installments. I was not actually explained how my bill would appear or if an activation fee will be applied. I now have no clue if what I had paid initally for the phone is still being applied or if I am now responsible for the taxes and an extra payment on the phone. I am highly disappointed as I have never had issues with this store in the past and now I feel like they don't care and my trust with this store is now damaged. I used to brag at how great they were.

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted

Re: Note 7 Recall

Moved to Samsung Galaxy Note 7 forum.

Journeyman

I feel like this was moved without reading everything, like the store fraudulently signing and initaling a document on my be half.

Journeyman

I ordered my Note 7 online too. I brought it to my local store and they said I had to exchange it at a corporate store for the exchange. I did that and they told me to call them on the 21st to check on a replacement. I received the phone the Friday Samsung issued the recall so I never activated the phone or deactivated my old one.

Message was edited by: GremlinX

Journeyman

I received my Note 7 on the release date (8/19).  I've been trying to exchange/change phones since the first notice was sent regarding the recall.  I ordered my phone via Sprint Telesales and was instructed to take my phone to the store to exchange it.  After going to 2 local stores and calling another I was informed that all of the stores in my area are affiliate stores or authorized retailers that could not help me.  I had to drive 1.5hrs away from home to the nearest corporate Sprint store, waited 3 hours and still left with the same phone I walked in the store with.  I wanted to switch to the S7 Edge and was told that the leasing option was not offered on that phone in store and I was required to pay to make the switch (all despite what the news releases from Sprint and Samsung have said).  I was told that once the new Note 7s are in stock (should be 9/21) that I could walk in the store and do an even swap; may have to pay the activation fee but would have it credited back to my account. 

Overall I understand that NO ONE expected this and weren't prepared to handle this type of situation.  However, I feel that now Sprint has had time to figure it out and could've done things differently and more smoothly for the customer.  I don't understand why the Note 7 customers should have to pay ANYTHING to exchange a phone that is being recalled.  I'm VERY unsatisfied with entire situation.  My friend who got a Note 7 and is a customer of a different carrier has had NO issues what-so-ever when it comes to this situation.  She was able to walk in the store, exchange for a S7 edge and had all her accessories exchanged as well with no fees or headache.  I've been a Sprint customer since 2011 (?) and now this has me contemplating changing carriers.

Journeyman

So the fairly tale deadline of 9/21 has come and gone.  Still no replacement phone though.  Imagine that!!!  Sprint can't even get a safety recall right.  My town has 3 Sprint "stores".  I called ahead like Sprint instructed and they would be ready for me at the store closest to my house.  When I get there, I was told they had a replacement phone but couldn't give it to me because I bought mine online.  The phone they had was only if I bought it at their store!  Huh?  Didn't see that in any of the information Samsung or Sprint put out.  I went to the second store.  They didn't have any phones but agreed that they couldn't do it for a phone bought online.  They sent me to the third store which is a Sprint/Radio Shack store.  Side note about this store...I'll switch to Verizon before I deal with these nuts again!!!  Kid at the register was really busy pricing things for the shelf but did take a second to ask what I needed.  Told him I need to exchange my Note 7 because of the recall.  He said only one guy could do that and he was helping someone else.  So I waited.  The whole time listening to one female employee complaining that she couldn't add a friend to Facebook because the stores WiFi was soooo slow and listening to that one guy that deals with phones complain about how hard it is to work with Sprint to fix accounts they mess up.  Finally the girl gives up on Facebook and asks if she can help.  I explained again why I was there.  She interrupted to "phone" guy and he said I was at the right store but they didn't have any phones.  They never received any of the new Note 7's.  He said they probably wouldn't see the new phones until the end of October.  I left with my IED.  On the way home, I called Sprint customer service.  The lady was as nice as could be...it's her job!  She explained that she had a Note 7 too but hadn't received a replacement either.  She wasn't sure when new phones would be out. She said the best she could do is add my name to the same list hers was on and they would ship me a new phone and return kit as soon as they were available.  This seemed like my best option so I added my name to the list.  Now it's just a  waiting game to see if the new phone comes before my current one blows up!!.  I also called Samsung when I got home and explained all of this to them.  They filed a help ticket and told me to check back with the store in 24 hours.  I waited until Sunday, 48 hours, the store hadn't heard anything and hadn't received any Note 7's. 

So here I am using the recall phone until a new one is shipped to me...sometime in the future.   Maybe it will blow up, maybe not.  I bet the only person that knows is the same person that knows where all the replacement phones are that were supposed to be at retail locations no later than 9/21/16.  FYI...my Verizon co-workers already have their new Note 7 replacement phones and received a free screen protector in addition to the credit Samsung gave.  Doubt Sprint gives you anything when they can't even find a phone.

Sprint Social Care

Good morning TRexasorus

It is truly concerning that you feel that way. Please understand that Sprint can't get phones out any faster than Samsung manufactures and ships replacements. We can call some stores in your area and try finding you a replacement. This is a frustrating situation for everyone. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I originally pre-ordered my note  through telesales. I have been a loyal sprint customer since 2004. I saw the news release from sprint that the note 7 replacements would arrive to sprint on the 21st. I live 2 1/2 hrs from the nearest corporate store in Richmond Va. I called sprint on sept 16th and talked to a tech rep in Oklahoma City and ordered a replacement and also have an order # She told me it might be 3 weeks to get the phone. I called back last week to check the status of the replacement order and was told that since I ordered it on the 16th I should have, or should soon receive my replacement. She said she would call me back in a week which she did this morning, but I was away from the phone for a few mins. and missed the call. The voicemail said to call sprint back if I haven't received my replacement. I called back and got another tech rep that said that they received the phones on the 21st. She told me that it might be an additional 3 weeks to get it. She said that I should be one of the 1st to relieve one. If that's the case why after 9 days of having the replacement in place is it going to take up to another additional 3 weeks to get it? The Gov't, Samsung, and Sprint news releases are telling us to power down and not use the phone. Your agent told me that if I use only the charger that came with the phone and not charge it at night while sleeping I should be ok. Well ask me if IM ok after the phone explodes and burns down my house, car or whatever? Sounds like a liability issue to me. I don't have the luxury of powering my phone down for that long because I don't have a back up phone and sprint isn't giving loaners out. All of this is very uncool, and IM NOT a very HAPPY Sprint customer at this moment and are considering very hard about switching carriers.

GrandMaster

the thread was moved to help keep them consolidated..as is the Note 7 recall threads are spread all over this site.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

you do understand that no matter which carrier you are with you would still be dealing with inventory issues and the Note7 right? sprint isnt exactly the only one not getting the inventory they are needing to do sales/exchanges.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Fireguy my reply was to sprint_ juan not you. I would like for Juan to look into this for me. Some of your reply's on this site are not doing sprint any favors in keeping customers happy. Try a better tone with when replying back. Thanks

GrandMaster

i pointed out fact. not exactly sure how one would take that as anything other than.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat