cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 7 fiasco continues and early upgrade problem. Can anyone Help?

Journeyman

Note 7 fiasco continues and early upgrade problem. Can anyone Help?

Hello everyone,

I was an iPhone guy since the iPhone 2 came out but after doing research I was ready for a change. Due to their effective ad campaign, I went to my local RadioShack / Sprint Store and switched networks from Verizon to Sprint. I also ditched my iPhone for the at the time, critically-acclaimed Samsung Galaxy Note 7. I have to say that I absolutely loved Note 7 and was very disappointed when the first recall hit because I wasn't having any heat problems or anything with my phone. I went back to the RadioShack, Sprint store and was told that I could temporarily exchange my Note 7 for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and then exchange it again when the replacement Note 7's were back in stock. That's exactly what I did because despite their almost identical appearance I did not like the S7 Edge at all. The Galaxy S7 Edge just didn't function as quickly or as smoothly as the Note 7 did which was very frustrating for a long time iPhone user that's used to everything just working smoothly. The S7 Edge is just very glitchy and clumsy in my opinion and the accidental edge swipes drove me crazy. Needless to say, I hightailed it back to the store as soon as the Note 7 replacements came back in stock. Shortly after that the Note 7 was unfortunately recalled again but I really did not want to go back to the Galaxy S7. I eventually had to go back to the store for the third time when Samsung did an automatic update that showed a huge warning on your phone everytime you opened it and it also wouldn't let me charge the phone past 60%. When I went back to the store I told the manager that I really loved my Note 7 and didn't really want to go back to the Galaxy S7. I reluctantly exchanged my Note 7 for the Galaxy S7 again but I asked the manager point blank if I would be able to do an early upgrade and exchange the phone again when the next Samsung phone came out and he said: "yes, that won't be a problem at all." I was very excited to hear about the Galaxy S8 release. After researching the phone it seemed that it will function a lot more like my beloved Galaxy Note 7 than my clumsy and lagging Galaxy S7. I immediately went online to try to preorder the Galaxy S8 but saw that Sprint wanted me to pay off my Galaxy S7 if I wanted to upgrade early. So the next day I drove back to the RadioShack / Sprint store to try to talk to the manager Wladimyr, since he told me that I would be able to upgrade but to my dismay, the location went out of business and was permanently closed! I called Sprint and I also tried to chat with a Sprint associate online and both times I was told that I would have to pay off the Galaxy S7 if I wanted to upgrade to the Galaxy S8 even though I told them that the manager of the store, Wladimyr, told me that I would be allowed to upgrade early. Now it seems that I switched to Sprint and switched from Apple to Samsung, only to be stuck with a phone that I never wanted and very unhelpful customer service. Can anyone help me with any advice or another avenue to pursue to get the early upgrade that I was promised? Please let me know and thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Note 7 fiasco continues and early upgrade problem. Can anyone Help?

I apologize, i just realized that I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum

GrandMaster

since this is over the Note 7 recall technically youre in the correct place. post in this forum and one of the agents can try to assist you. with what you have going on though its going to be tough. read the very first post instructions then post what is needed. https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7/Note-7-second-recall-Store-issues-with-exchang... safe to say the pm info has changed a bit since the site change up but the info requested is still on point.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Hello brflesh.

Thanks for contacting us. During the Note 7 Recall customers were allowed to upgrade to a device of their choice. At the time one of the choices was for the Galaxy S7. If this is the case the device you select is the upgrade replacing the Note 7. So that I am sure this is the case, I sent you a Private Message, please reply to it when you have a chance.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Juan, your response to the upgrade problem misstates the concern.  I bought a Note 7, replaced it twice because of the problems.  I chose the Galaxy S7 Edge as the replacement.  However, it was not an upgrade from the Note 7, but a downgrade.  It lacked many features of the note, inlcuding a smaller internal memory (32 vs 64 Gb).  This was not a voluntary replacement, it was forced on us unless you never plan to fly in an airplane again.  Now, when Samsung is coming out with the Galaxy S8, those of us who suffered through the Note 7 fiasco are now relegated into paying an early termination penalty for the S8.  Not my idea of good customer relations for those loyal to Samsung and Sprint.

Journeyman

Did you ever get a response about this? I kind of agree with you.

GrandMaster

unfortunately if you chose to go with the S7 or any other current phone THAT is what took the Note 7's place. if you had access to a different phone already owned by someone you could have opted to switch to that until something worthy was released.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat