Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 7 replacement

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Note 7 replacement

What's the deal with the Note 7 replacement situation? Samsung says return it. Best buy straight up lies and says only a corporate store can do the returns....the corporate store says says its not mandatory just hold onto it until replacement devices are available. The FAA, the manufacturer of the device and the US GOVERNEMNT says NOT to use the device and Sprint employees as well as Best buy employees pretend like its not an issue!!!! This is more than a recall situation but a change of wireless carriers situation for me. Handle your business....employees afraid of extra work!

23 REPLIES 23
Journeyman

Re: Note 7 replacement

This is a Samsung issue not a carrier issue. Samsung sent out an email stating that loaner phones would be available if you choose the replacement option. I know from a fellow employee AT&T doesn't have them either. If you registered your phone with Samsung you should have gotten an email from them. I just waiting for a replacement and carefully charging my phone and making sure to pay attention to any heat issues.(considering how many have failed its a pretty slim chance ) If you're really concerned take it to the store you bought it and tell Samsung said you'd provide a loaner phone. I was told replacements would be arriving this week by my local Corporate store.

Hope that helps.

GrandMaster

if youre wanting a replacement Note7 what are the employees supposed to do? run in the back and make one real quick? they are waiting on Samsung to get the non affected ones finished...tested..cleared...then shipped to all the carriers that had the Note 7..if youre not opting to replace it with a S7 or S7 Edge then waiting is unfortunately youre only other option. zombifieds info is what i have heard as well..late this week early next is the current grapevine info so far...obviously that can change out of nowhere.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Well, Sprint will not issue loaners, and as stated previously, if you don't fill your phone heating up by now, I would think you are good.

I have the Note 7 and at the moment I am not worried. I'm riding it until the replacements come out. I have had no issues with my phone so far, but I will replace it once the new ones come in.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I too purchased my Note 7 from best buy and returned it with no problem and was allowed to keep the gear fit2, I don't understand why you're having a problem, I even heard that it doesn't matter how long you have the phone.  An for once it's not a sprint problem but a Best Buy poor customer service and I am not surprised.

GrandMaster

did you just return it or did you swap it for one of the other options Samsung was pushing? S7 or S7 Edge?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I was told by Sprint that whichever phone I get as a "loaner" I'd be stuck with that so I can definitely understand he frustration.

Journeyman

[inappropriate link removed]

Samsung plans to begin its exchange program in Singapore on Friday. Consumers will be allowed to return their phones through retailers, carriers and shops, and receive new devices. The company intends to expand the program to Australia, Mexico, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Arab Emirates later this month.

She said in markets such as the U.S. and Canada, replacement phones would be provided after an investigation by safety regulators in those countries.

----

So, it sounds like CPSC will have to give the go ahead before US replacements can be available.

Also, you guys probably saw this too?

[inappropriate link removed]

Samsung has a software solution to keep stragglers who haven't yet returned or exchanged theirGalaxy Note 7 phone after a voluntary product recall safe from harm. It's issuing a software update that caps the battery's recharge capacity at 60 percent.

An issue that causes the anode and cathode to touch and erupt in flames has caused physical- andproperty damage. Although customers are urged to exchange or return the phone, the remotely-administered software update is seen as a quick fix to prevent future problems.

samsung-note-7-explosion-au.jpgCrushader/Imgur

Samsung released information about the software update in a South Korean newspaper advertisement, according to theAssociated Press. The update will start September 20th for South Korean customers. It is unknown at the time whether the US or other parts of the world will receive the update.

Message was edited by: TheModerator
This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Journeyman

Stop saying is not the carriers fault is samsung .well my contract for 2 years and 849 dollar phone is with sprint so is them responsibility to do this right .we r the ones paying the bill at the end of the month .sprint was the one who sell me the phone.if u buy a dewalt drill at home depot and is defective were u take it to dewalt or home depot ??sooo dont said is just samsung fault

GrandMaster

and just as you would be returning it to home depot youre returning them to sprint. sprint even said to do this. not exactly seeing what youre trying to get at here. so what youre saying is sprint is at fault for every single one of these devices being bad around the world? this is a samsung issue that the carriers ARE taking care of this.

Journeyman

Im not saying sprint is reponsable for all but they costumer, like me ive been trying to get a s7edge and no one no one help me yet .i dont want a note 7 .samsung is the one loosing all that money spri t just needs to so it right for sprint costumer we r paying top dollars to them not samsung.

GrandMaster

and are you dealing with a corporate store or just a regular store? if its a corporate store someone here can easily contact them..if youre trying to do this over the phone it wont happen.

and the most recent updated news as of the 10th for this is

1. A Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge; this includes replacement of any Note 7 accessories with a refund for any price difference between devices.
  2. Any Sprint device and Sprint will reimburse any price differences and waive any restocking and shipping fees.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat