cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 7 replacement

Go to solution
Journeyman

Note 7 replacement

Hello is there any word on we can gdt our Note7 replacement. If I.ordered it on line through Sprint hoa will my Note be replaced?

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care

Re: Note 7 replacement

Hello SupBuff67

If you bought the device on line, you will still be able to return it to any of your local Corporate Sprint Store. For a store near you Visit: http://sprint.co/1bWupaC

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Good luck finding a store that actually has them.  I have spent the last 3 days calling various stores within an hour of my area, and either they don't have them yet, had them and are gone already, or they aren't a corporate store so I can't swap my phone there (ordered online).  Yet another store told me they had them, but they couldn't tell me a) how many they had, and b) what colors they had, so basically I would have to go there on a whim and hope they had the phone (and in the right color).

Honestly, the way this whole process was laid out is awful.  Why should I have to run around trying to find a store that has the phone, when it isn't our fault that we are needing to replace them in the first place? 

What would have been better is if people wanted a replacement, they "order" their replacement through Sprint, then either have them shipped directly to the people and they send back the bad one, or have it shipped to a store of your choosing and you can go pick it up at your convenience.

I'm honestly getting fed up with Samsung and Sprint at this point as this entire experience has been awful.

Journeyman

That link doesn't turn up any corporate stores for me. Can you make the search area larger?  There are no corporate stores within 50 miles.

Sprint Social Care

Hi. The store locator only goes as far as 50 miles. Please check your inbox. I sent you a Private message.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I totally agree this process it totally crazy and I myself have been a customers since 1999. I have called every store no one has any. I called one store they had it and asked if you could set one aside for me because I am at he said no.  I am not liking Sprint and the whole crazy process at all .. Boo Sprint

GrandMaster

the agent can contact that store and hopefully remedy that and get one set to the side for you.

side note though..do you think any other carrier is having a easier time with this recall? i can tell you that they are not...they are going through the same miscommunications Sprint is currently as well as the shortages due to Samsung not kicking out enough fast enough.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I can't speak to other carriers and how it is going, I can only speak to my own experience on this matter.

I know Samsung somewhat left the carriers in the dark, but this issue has been known for how many weeks now?  You would think these carriers would have enough time to come up with a good plan of attack on how to disseminate these phones in a more organized (and fair) manner before the actual phones were shipped to them.  Samsung certainly could have made this easier by being more transparent, so they certainly share the blame as well.

Bottom line, it could have been handled much better, and of course it is the customers that suffer.  The carriers don't make any money off of this situation and it causes them more headache than not, so they probably could care less.  I somewhat understand that, but we are paying the carriers to provide us a certain level of service (including unforeseen circumstances such as these).

Sure, we get a $25 service credit at the end of the day, but I will probably spend way more time and effort trying to get my phone replaced.

GrandMaster

i can agree to pretty much all of that. so many store to store problems..i can see where some 3rd party sprint store wouldnt do it..thats on them..but i have also heard of corporate stores giving customers issues as well..which in many cases the agents in here snipped it in the bud..as much as i hate to say it especially with the Note7 some patience is needed with each bump in the road..more than likely it can be taken care of by one of the agents in here but there are only so many agents and a LOT of customers posting in here..its gonna take them time to handle each case..that is a LOT of calls.

and again charge the phone but try to avoid fully charging it..and for sure dont plug it into your cable in your bedroom if you'll be spending most of your time in the living room..just play it as safe as can be. the phone will need a decent enough charge to get all the info transferred from one device to the new one so also keep that in mind once youre able to get the exchange process going.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat