cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding note 7 recall /exchange

Journeyman

Question regarding note 7 recall /exchange

I've been calling to see if yous have the replacement note 7 at the store.. its been over a week and they tell me they don't have them yet, .. and just yesterday it got cracked (not bad, just a corner) ... will i still be able to get a replacement?. .. I didn't get a screen protector because just couple days after i received my phone, i heard about the recall.

6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

Re: Question regarding note 7 recall /exchange

yes youre still able to exchange it. for now though just be easy on it to avoid any additional damage to it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank you!!

Journeyman

hope you are right, fireguy. my experience was different today. After first telling me they couldn't do an in store replacement I called sprint who said they could. store realized they could, had me activated on the new phone. At that point he said maybe I didn't want to because I have a screen with a crack and they would charge me full price if I sent it back that way...ironic because the phone isn't functional according to Samsung. At any rate, in my case they wouldn't make the exchange.

GrandMaster

then an agent will more than likely need to contact that store. basically Samsung wants these devices out of customers hands..now if for example someone went out of their way and kept tossing it around etc then yeah there might be some issues..but currently they still need to take it back and exchange it. their internal notes should say this as well. tell them all stores have internal notes on this ordeal and that should also be mentioned in there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

thanks. I was thinking I would work it directly through sprint at this point. the other store I've tried has no replacement inventory and just told me to call every day and that's a bit of a hassle too.

GrandMaster

some are taking names and putting them on a list to contact customers..some do not..this is mainly the 3rd party sprint stores which look exactly the same. i know the one near my work is all aboard with this recall and is taking names and numbers and contacting people as soon as the devices get it. keep in mind though that there is a HUGE call for these devices right now for both sales as well as exchanges..at the moment Samsung is having one heck of a time trying to get caught back up with trying to get enough phones kicked out to not only replace out every one of the defected devices but to also cover continued sales of it..safe to say they are behind pretty bad but are kicking them out in batches to each carrier etc as quickly as they can.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat