Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECALL on Note 7

Go to solution
Journeyman

RECALL on Note 7

[inappropriate link removed]

I notice that my device is no longer seen on my account online, it is stating that I have an upgrade available.  Does this mean that i am a part of the recall?

How do we find out more information on this?

Message was edited by: TheModerator
This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: RECALL on Note 7

I would doubt it, Samsung has said that it's going to take them a few weeks to figure out the recall.

Sprint Social Care

TNUTALL

Hey! We are working to replace the Note 7 of all the customers that already have it. Please go to http://sprint.co/2bQh1bW to learn more about it.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/samsung-galaxy-note-7-sales-suspended-at-sprint.htm

sprint is already on it

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

ok .... I don't want the edge or S7 I want the new Note7
When is that going to be available?
I am hearing that I have till the end of this month to change to the S7 or edge or I forfeit my option to change out.

GrandMaster

im not seeing a single mention of a time frame..if there were a time frame i highly doubt it would only be a week or two..this is kind of a big deal world wide..not exactly something that can be handled in a week or two across the board.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-update-on-samsung-galaxy-note-7-exchange.htm

this is the most recent news room update on this ordeal and what options there are...didnt see any time frame in there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Funny how I called my local sprint store and they know nothing......LOL
They don't have and update, they have no idea when phones are expected to arrive, couldn't even tell me why the recall was done .....WOW

GrandMaster

tell them to look at their internal notes..shouldnt have to do that but i think a lot of this depends on if they are a repair store or just a sales store..sales stores would more than likely know bu the repair stores are supposed to be up on any new info for this exact reason.

Master

Also, make sure you call and deal with Sprint Corporate Stores, third party party stores look very alike but sometimes they are not in the loop with updates.

They should get new Note7s by next week. (hopefully lol).

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I had the same experience!!!

I knew more about the recall than the rep did.  He couldn't answer any of my questions and simply asked if I was currently having a problem with my device because he only knew of a handful of actual problems!  Told him it was a GLOBAL device recall, shook my head, and walked out.

It's frustrating to have directions from Sprint Corporate to "go to a physical store for exchange later this week" only to be met with ignorance.  All I expected was to be placed on a list for replacement/order for a new Note 7 and approximate timeline. Appears no one has the answer... and the store reps are less than willing and knowledgeable to assist a telesales customer.

Grrr... 

GrandMaster

do you know if it was an actual corporate sprint store or a 3rd party sprint store that just has the name and logo on it? usually the wording will let you know which is which. heck i have a business card from a 3rd party one..at the top is says

Sprint with the logo next to it..but under it it says Preferred Retailer..

i might give them a quick call and see how they are handling it..i used to know one of their techs pretty well but he has been gone for a couple years now

Journeyman

This is a store listed on the Sprint website. It is however inside a RadioShack.

The card he gave me indicates he is "Lead Retail Consultant" then below it says "Sprint Corporation - Sprint Store at RadioShack - 6591"

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat