cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Journeyman

Recall

When taking my phone in for the recall, what do I need to take? Just the phone, or box, charger, etc....

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Sprint Social Care

Re: Recall

Good morning cdgo1974

Thanks for reaching out. When returning the Note 7 it would be best to bring both, the phone and the charger. Remember that if you are exchanging your device for another Note 7, the exchange starts in two weeks. These are your options:

Option 1: Exchange into a new Note7 which will be available starting sometime NEXT WEEK. More details on exact in-store availability will be provided soon. 

• Option 2: Exchange to another Samsung product. 
  • Option 3: Exchange into another device. 

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sometime Next week? Is there a place I could sign up to receive a notification that lets me know when the replacements are available?

Sprint Social Care

Hello. We don't have a sigh-up sheet per say. But you should get a notification letting you know when the replacement are in. You can also visit our Newsroom at: http://newsroom.sprint.com/

Juan

Sprint Social Care 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

also make sure if you have a SD card in the phone to remove that before swapping them..easy to forget its in there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

What is the procedure if you purchased the Note 7 through Sprint's website as a pre-order? Do I just need to call Sprint or do I need to contact Samsung directly?

GrandMaster

just take it into a sprint store..preferably a corporate repair store.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Taking it to a corporate store is a huge waste of time especially since for me the closest one is downtown in the middle of the city or in a major mall. Neither of which are great options in my opinion.

The whole point of ordering online was to save a little time and energy otherwise I could have just gotten it at any store like Best Buy or the Sprint stores in the mall.

Additionally you're assuming that the staff in these stores know what to do instead of screwing things up. I prefer to just make a quick call and have them send me the brand new replacement Note 7 instead of wasting a bunch of time driving around trying to get stuff done correctly on the first try. I've had my account screwed up because of some idiot staff members decided to not do their job and I'm not in the mood or to be honest willing at all to take the chance.

GrandMaster

well since they ALL have the info i have posted multiple times about this its safe to say if they DONT act like they know anything about this then you can easily point out they have internal notes on this whole ordeal.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-update-on-samsung-galaxy-note-7-exchange.htm

specifically

Sprint is working closely with Samsung and will be participating in its U.S. Product Exchange Program for Galaxy Note 7 users to ensure we quickly address the needs of customers who already have purchased the device.

Sprint Note 7 customers have three options:

1. Customers can replace their current Galaxy Note 7 with a new one when stock becomes available.
  2. Customers also have the choice of immediately exchanging their device for a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge; this includes replacement of any Note 7 accessories with a refund for any price difference between devices.
  3. Sprint will allow customers to exchange their Note 7 for any Sprint device and will reimburse any price differences and waive any restocking and shipping fees.

Sprint customers should visit the store where they purchased their Note 7 and a Sprint team member will gladly help customers get up and running with their new device on the Sprint network. Sprint Note 7 customers can also call (888) 211-4727 for information on how to exchange their device.

it does not matter if you ordered it via a store or online..its being handled the same exact way..you can request one be sent to you instead of having to drive downtown if you wish..but it wont be any quicker..odds are it will take even longer to get it replaced.

Master

If you call your local Sprint store (corporate store), you can ask them to give you a call once they get the phones in.

I'm sure you will see many ppl in here post regarding the exchange once they are out, and you can get that as a hint also.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

I am in the same boat as you, but I believe the reason why they are doing it in the store, is to make sure everything goes smooth and that there is no downtime for you.

Just think about it, you will have to ship the phone in and then wait for the new phone, even if Sprint did an overnight shipment and one day turnaround from the time they receive your phone, you are still looking at 3-4 days at least.

On the store, you would be able to do a transfer of all you info to the new phone also, if you ship, you will still be able to get back all you info if you do a full backup, but it will be more complicated an more time consuming.

I personally don't see an issue with taking some time to go and take care of it at the store. I can't stay without a phone for 3-4 days.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Sprint Social Care

fireguy_6364 is right.

Wait until the replacements are available next week. I recommend that you call the corporate store of your choosing first.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat