cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of Note 7 cost differences

Journeyman

Refund of Note 7 cost differences

I went to my local Sprint store to replace my replaced Note 7 with an S7 Edge.  After the problems I had doing the initial Note 7 replacement, this exchange was very easy.  However, I was billed for sales tax on the new device and a "$30 upgrade" fee.  The salesman did say that the fee would be reimbursed on my bill and that the cost difference between the Note 7 and Edge will also be reflected on the bill.  Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to see these reimbursements?  I'm figuring that with the difference in tax between the two devices, the difference in cost, and the "upgrade" fee, there ought to be about a $175-$200 refund on my next bill.

I have seen the $25 from Samsung, and the latest press release from them is that they are going to increase that to $100 for exchanging for a Samsung device.  Has Sprint received any guidance on when to add that bill credit?

12 REPLIES 12
GrandMaster

Re: Refund of Note 7 cost differences

im checking into this now. i started a new thread for store issues etc. any additional info i get i will be editing it into there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Good morning Willis7291

Thank you for taking your time to reach out to us. The activation fee will be waived and you will see it reflected in your bill. Same as the difference in the price of the Note 7 to the S7 Edge you currently have. Regarding the $25 from Samsung, this will be reflected in 1-3 billing cycles.

I have sent you a private message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Irene

Sprint Social Care

Irene
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Will our insurance payments Be refunded because at this moment samsung doesnt care about the condition the phones in. And insurance doesnt serve a purpose in a case where we cant keep the phone.

Journeyman

To be clear, I already received the $25 credit...I'm asking about the other $75--Samsung's press release said that customers would receive a $100 credit if they stayed with a Samsung device.

Journeyman

The sales tax on my Note 7 was about $80. The sales tax on the S7 was about $55. They waived the sales tax on my new S7. What they should have done was refunded the sales tax of my Note 7 and then charged me the sales tax on the S7. Now, I'm out about $25 (on top of the $40 in Note 7 accessories I bought on Amazon and the hours I have spent with Sprint getting 2 replacement phones and setting them up, only to get stuck with a downgraded 6-month old device). How do I get a refund for the difference in the sales tax?

Journeyman

I went to the store and exchanged my note 7 for the s7 edge, however the store charged me for the price of a new 2 year agreement for the s7 edge plus activation fee plus sales tax and did not refund me anything for what i paid for the note 7 since i originally purchased it via telesales. Can someone please advise when do i get the refund for what i paid for the note 7? I have a receipt from the store showing the return of the note 7 and reflecting $0.

Journeyman

I would contact customer service as i dont think everything is automatic.

Sprint Social Care

Hello laosmike951

To answer your question, all re-stocking, activating, upgrading, and swap fees should be waived.  Insurance is not included.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I called Sprint today and talk about difficult... I was told on the 11th of Oct to expect my box and refund within 10 business days.  Today which is the 24th, gal promised to mail me the box today and when the "back office" received my phone they would reimburse me via a check in the mail.  I tried to tell her that wasn't good enough... I have fought Sprint for the last three months... my $30 activation fee on my 1st Note 7 was to be waived, it was still on my bill effective 2 months later.  I did receive a $25 bill credit for the first exchange.  Now I am expecting a $100 bill credit for returning the 2nd Note 7... of which I have the letter from Samsung.  I purchased the S7E on the 11th of Oct to replace the 2nd Note 7.  So now I own 2 phones and one is going to explode but they have to get it back first.  The Sprint store where I got my S7E wouldn't take my Note 7 back because I ordered it online thru Sprint.com.  If I can't get a $30 bill credit how on earth am I going to get my $424 back.  Then they denied my $50 gift card with the original Note 7 purchase because I didn't send in the correct paper work, I sent in the paper work that Sprint sent me when they sent me the phone.  Ain't that a good one.  As I see it, they owe me $150 plus my $424.00. 

I don't mind following the rules... but I've never had such a difficult time with customer service in my life over anything other than dealing with Comcast.  Now I have Direct TV.   As soon as AT&T/Verizon or someone has an offer to buy my contract from Sprint, I'm outa here! 

If Sprint took care of their customers, they wouldn't be in losing money in each quarter.  I'm curious as to where I'm calling when I talk to a rep... the last 2 I had to ask to speak slower because I speak English.

Sprint Social Care

Good morning 56CBZHNW

We are extremely concern at the way the replacement of the Note 7 went. It is definitely not the way we want you to feel. Let us work together and help you find a solution. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Jaun, please check my current statement.  Last month I was told by a rep via a phone call... I did not owe 187.73.  I owed 157.73 of which I paid.  I see in the section titled "last bill" they took back the $30 credit and only left me with a $25 credit for this months bill.  Plus they again added that $30 back on as "device unit upgrade"  Now, you owe me another $30.  I am not paying this bill, until my account, including my Note 7 refund is accounted for.  I have to wait 3 to 4 months for you to give me credits due, refunds due.. but you just keep charging me somehow.  The $50 dollar bill credit from the email last night has not been deducted from this bill either.  I am not waiting another month for it.  It should a gift not, not a bill credit.  Carla

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat