cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall. Official Sprint statement.

Highlighted
Wizard

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall. Official Sprint statement.

Sprint has suspended sales of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 immediately following Samsung?s announcement to discontinue sales of the device globally.

We are working closely with Samsung to ensure those customers who already have purchased the device are taken care of.

If you have previously purchased the Note 7, you should go to a nearby Sprint store to exchange your phone, we will offer you a similar device until the issue is resolved.

You can view the full statement on newsroom, as well as the most recent updates:

Sprint Newsroom Statement

Or follow our CEO Marcelo on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/771707124426559489

We will share more details when they are available.

In the meantime, here is the link to the latest communication from Samsung on this issue: https://news.samsung.com/global/statement-on-galaxy-note7.

NOTE: if you are experiencing technical difficulties with this forum and have questions, you can also visit the Boost Mobile forum, the same information will be posted there.

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall. Official Sprint statement.

We are working diligently with Samsung to address this as quickly as possible!  Hang tight, I know this can be frustrating, but this is not Just a Sprint issue, this is ALL carriers that have the Samsung Note 7.

I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Highlighted
GrandMaster

updating news link. as of 9/10

updating news link as of 9/15

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-samsung-galaxy-note7-customers-can-get-replacement-d...

same scenario...take it into a sprint corporate store to exchange..but there are now only 2 options to work with.

Sprint customers can exchange their Note 7 device for:

1. A Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge; this includes replacement of any Note 7 accessories with a refund for any price difference between devices.
  2. Any Sprint device and Sprint will reimburse any price differences and waive any restocking and shipping fees.

Message was edited by: fireguy_6364 updated news feed with most current info.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Will I be able to exchange the note 7  for the new one in blue coral? The sprint store where ﹰI live only  receivec the bkack and silver note 7. I originally ordered  mine.

Highlighted
Wizard

The latest information I have should help clarify what Samsung is offering, again please remember this not a Sprint only problem, all carriers will have the same problem.

Sprint Update on Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Exchange

Earlier today Samsung discontinued sales of the Galaxy Note 7 device globally following isolated battery cell issues. As a result, Sprint announced it was immediately suspending sales of the Note 7.

Sprint is working closely with Samsung and will be participating in its U.S. Product Exchange Program for Galaxy Note 7 users to ensure we quickly address the needs of customers who already have purchased the device.

Sprint Note 7 customers have three options:

1. Customers can replace their current Galaxy Note 7 with a new one when stock becomes available.
  2. Customers also have the choice of immediately exchanging their device for a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge; this includes replacement of any Note 7 accessories with a refund for any price difference between devices.
  3. Sprint will allow customers to exchange their Note 7 for any Sprint device and will reimburse any price differences and waive any restocking and shipping fees.

Sprint customers should visit the store where they purchased their Note 7 and a Sprint team member will gladly help customers get up and running with their new device on the Sprint network. Sprint Note 7 customers can also call 1-800-SPRINT1 for information on how to exchange their device.

As a gesture of appreciation, Samsung is offering customers a $25 gift card at Sprint retail outlets when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note 7 within the exchange program.

The link to the latest communication from Samsung can be found at http://news.samsung.com/us/ and customers can reach Samsung directly by calling 1-800-SAMSUNG.

NOTE: if you have questions and experience technical difficulties on this forum you can also visit the Boost Mobile forums!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will Sprint pay for accessories that were purchased and applied to the phones like the Ghost Armor film I had applied to my Note 7 for $55?  I read that T-Mobile is reimbursing their customers for accessories...

Highlighted
Wizard

If they are Note 7 device specific accessories you can return them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When will the next batch of galaxy note 7 be delivered to sprint for recall replacement? Thank you

Highlighted
Wizard

I would assume whatever the store has in stock that qualifies for exchange you can get.

Highlighted
Wizard

Given the high demand I would say Samsung is shipping them as guickly as they can, just keep in touch with your store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bought my phone at best buy, when I contacted best buy they said since it was outside of the 14 day return I would need to go to sprint to get it replaced. Can someone confirm this? Will I need to go through Samsung directly? Don't want to send my phone out and be without one for weeks or anything.

Highlighted
Journeyman

WWent to Best Buy this morning go on google enter Best Buy note recall info is there. You have to leave email address on their site

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat