cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall. Official Sprint statement.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall. Official Sprint statement.

"The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is stepping in on a formal recall. Its chairman, Elliot Kaye, blasted Samsung for trying to do the recall on its own, saying that anyone who believes that to be adequate "needs to have more than their phone checked."

Samsung promised replacement devices, but that was put on hold while regulators reviewed the situation. Kaye said customers will now be offered full refunds, not just replacement devices, if they choose. Note 7 owners need to contact Samsung and provide a number from the back of the phone to determine whether that unit is at risk."

Highlighted
Journeyman

when can we expect the replacement devices to come in

Highlighted
Journeyman

[inappropriate link removed]

RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J. ? SEPTEMBER 15, 2016 ? Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today confirmed that new Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than September 21, 2016.

The company has received approval for its exchange program and announced a formal U.S. voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7, sold from August 2016 through September 15, 2016, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. This recall follows the global announcement of battery cell issues related to certain Galaxy Note7 devices.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint ...

How about just email those of us who purchased in aug to mid-sep notification, and ask us where we want the phone delivered and set up appointments so we can spend our time more efficiently.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-samsung-galaxy-note7-customers-can-get-replacement-d...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint .. given that it messages us personally with hints for our new phones (or current phones) should MESSAGE us as soon as devices are available, ask us our color choices, and where we are wanting it ready and waiting to pick up (or send it to us) ..
I don't have the time to deal with the 'catch the pony by the tail' run-arounds .. I do live rurally .. I am disabled, so I need to know the phone is there to my specifications and pre-loaded with most apps and ready to transfer the rest prior to my coming into the store ....

SPRINT .. just message us with the phone availability like you can do ..
Add in that message a color choice for us (so we can pick what we want as our replacements)

and then give us ETA Date for arrival at nearest Sprint Store or other Sprint Sales stores with appointment time to get things done fast/efficiently ..
I'd want the blue one (by the way)

Highlighted
Journeyman

SGLMOM, IAMmsundrstood posted this in another thead (I'm on hold with the Sprint folks now and they say they can sen a replacement kit with phone etc and one can switch out w/your affected phone and send it to them)- "I called 888 211 4727, navigate through the prompts, I pressed #5 for most of them then pressed  0 ask for the Advanced Replacement Team and they will get you started. I just spoke with them and they said my order is processing now and should go out early next week before the 21st. They will give me a call back on the 20th in order to keep me updated on the process. Great team."

Message was edited by: babalosky

UPDATE: Like IAMmsundrstood, I got the Sprint folks to put in a replacement that will come to me (full kit- but no color choices tho') and I'm to switch mine out and send back to them.  Two emails will be sent: one telling you about the replacement deal and another when the replacement kit is shipped. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

somehow i dont think they will be changing around how its being handled last minute.

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), September 15, 2016 - Sprint (NYSE: S) is encouraging customers still using an old Samsung Galaxy Note7 to call their local Sprint retail location and schedule an appointment for next week to pick up their replacement device.

Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today confirmed that new Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than Sept. 21. As the safety of our customers is a top priority, Sprint recommends that all of its Note7 customers follow the recall guidelines.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

That is what we call FUBAR in the Military ..
In this case .. SPRINT does indeed message each of us when we have upgraded our phones
and we have issues with our existing service too ..
It would be simple enough to MESSAGE us asap as 1st shipments go out to
EACH customer that has one of the Note 7s (like I do .. ) that were purchased within that timeframe (they know this through a simple data sort of existing devices)
and get the MESSAGE sent to each of us
Asking Color Choice and where we are at to get appointment made ..

I'm going to call the one who set up my S2 Tablet and see what they know about this ..
and if they can pre-order the replacement device in my color to arrive by X Date ..
(since they did make appointment and call me when tablet arrived -- I replaced tablet just couple months ago)

Again .. this is just .. ugh .. if one can't use same message sort and algorithms to notify us about replacement devices and give us head's up and choice of colors ..
then someTHING is definitely messed up .. (for to 21st Sep for shipment .. they can already be messaging us like we get messages when we purchase the phablets in the first place).

Just saying .. this is efficient .. and gives impression of good customer service.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

in the Marines this would be a Semper Gumbi...always flexible. same scenario as the military though..once a rule is set in place it would take one heck of a natural disaster for how its being done to change. we both know this. even for it to be considered there would be one heck of  a chain it must go up and or down in order for it to even be considered.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

for what its worth the steps being taken for this recall is pretty much the same thing across the board for the carriers. im not seeing anything above and beyond for any of the other carriers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually .. one of the folk above had an important point here ..
I did call that number (1-888-211-4727) and then pressed digits for phablet Note7 phone number, pressed 5 for other, 5 for other, 5 for other, then 0 ..
Got to a service representative who was able to put in the electronic request to mail out a replacement phablet Note 7 to my address (and added color choice there, this is direct to factory/major distributor) .. so it will be mailed to my attention (and they said about 1 week or so for mailing, perhaps 2) ..

Given that I do live rurally (and disabled) .. this is what was needed to have done.

I also have the phone number of nearest Sprint affiliate (which is on the way for me)

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat