cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall. Official Sprint statement.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall. Official Sprint statement.

Purchased my Note7 while on travel status.  Won't be back to original purchase site.  Will we be messaged when a Note 7 Replacement begins shipping?  Can I get the replacement at my home location instead? 

Highlighted
Wizard

Assuming that you purchased at Sprint Store, call your local store and explain, I am sure they will help you get a replacement.

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Highlighted
Journeyman

Can i just return the phone and have the amount i paid applied to my bill?

Highlighted
Journeyman

If I purchased my phone online, where should I return my phone? Will nearby Sprint store accept my phone?

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

drmsalang

Yes, you can go to any nearby Sprint store and they will kindly replace your device. Keep us posted if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried to make an exchange at my closest local Sprint Store, and they explained that I had to go to "corporate" Sprint Store. This is after I did a chat with Sprint CSR also telling me to go to "any" Sprint Store.  This was a total waste of my time and gas. Because I bought my Note 7 at sprint.com, I think I will just wait until exchange through mail is available?

Highlighted
Journeyman

That happened to me, too! The closest Sprint Store employee told me to go to "corporate" Sprint store, which is one hour drive from my home. So, I am not really sure I will be able to go there in the near future. Is there any other better way to return the phone? Or can I just keep it and wait until the new phone comes out and exchange it via mail?

Highlighted

This is something I would be interested in, too. I work late(ish) hours and when I get off, the Sprint stores are closed. I don't really want another device, I chose the Note series a while back and don't plan on going anywhere else.

Highlighted
Master

Unfortunately, I think the stores will be the only ones that will do the exchange for a quick and safe swap.

Keep in mind, ONLY Sprint Corporate Stores will do that without any hustle. 3rd party stores, even though they look alike, might choose not to participate on the recall.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

can we use the Direct2You service to get the replacement...?

Highlighted
Master

Based on what i have read, you can only exchange it at the store.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

The latest information from Samsung says that we can get a "J-Series" phone on a temporary basis, however I don't believe Sprint has these devices.  Can I still get a temporary phone from Sprint or do I have to take my chances with the Note 7 as I don't have another phone to use currently?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat