cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall. Official Sprint statement.

Highlighted
Master

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall. Official Sprint statement.

With my understanding Sprint has a J3 device, the issue is that until Monday, the stores might not get any directives on how to proceed with that, so I would suggest to wait till Monday.

I'm sure Stores might refuse the loaner device, since I'm sure no memo was sent out due to people at corporate level being off.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

updating the most recent Note 7 news link

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/samsung-galaxy-note-7-update.htm

there are now 2 options.

Sprint customers can exchange their Note 7 device for:

1. A Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge; this includes replacement of any Note 7 accessories with a refund for any price difference between devices.
  2. Any Sprint device and Sprint will reimburse any price differences and waive any restocking and shipping fees.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

When are note 7s going to be available to swap out? Not interested in S7 due to my rural lifestyle and needs .. just want to know when replacements will be available to do one swap since I cant make it to corporate stores or back where I purchased this while traveling

Highlighted
GrandMaster

nothing announced as of yet.. rumor is a couple weeks but that is going to really depend on how quickly they can be tested by more than just Samsung and given the ok to be sent out here in the state. its all leaning heavily on those tests and what the results are.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Am I to understand from this that waiting for a new Note 7 is no longer an option and that you MUST replace it with another Sprint phone or else have a Note 7 paperweight?

Is there a time limitation on replacement for a new Note 7 if Samsung  is slow in getting new ones in the pipeline?

If I do replace it with an S7, can I then exchange it for a new Note 7 when (if?) they become available in the future?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

no once you choose to swap to the S7 or S7 Edge youre stuck with that one.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, I CAN wait for a new Note 7 and replace mine?

Is there a time frame for when the exchange offer expires?

My Note 7 died after 2 weeks anyway (black screen but phone works and you can't see to do anything) and I haven't had a usable phone for 2 weeks.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

nothing mentioned about a time frame..pretty sure they want them ALL replaced so there isnt any backlash down the road...by they i am meaning Samsung.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am concerned because Sprint's original statement listed 3 options: (1)replace with new Note 7, (2)exchange for S7 or S7 edge, or (3)any other Sprint phone.  Their latest statement only lists the last 2 options, eliminating the replace with Note 7 choice.  If Sprint decides not to sell the Note 7 again, am I stuck with a brick or FORCED to use one of the other 2 options?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i think due to the wait the exchange the note to another note 7 was removed. i know there were and still are a ton of people blasting stores for not giving them another Note 7 fully knowing there is a current wait on getting any replacements even sent to the carriers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is just my opinion as a Retired Professional (Retired Military and Civilian careers)
1.  Sprint has our data (phone numbers, knows the phones on our accounts, etc).. including our e-addresses ..
The most HONEST way to deal with this issue of the NOTE7 recalls is to note those accounts with Note7s already sold (that are under recall),

Let us keep working (instead of wasting our time/energy trying to track down and deal with the lack of an ETA on the shipment of replacements ... (or even the CPSC certifications for re-issue ...
Send us an e-mail when SPRINT (corporate) knows the CPSC Certification is complete and the phones can be shipped at that time ..
ALLOW all of us to have one seamless step to replacement (ie:  let us choose our color, have it shipped to our nearest Sprint Store/service center at our homes with direct line to make an appointment to be there to obtain the replacement ..
(since they know our addresses too)
and then have most of the phone functioning (with minimal set up and transfer of our data/apps/files) at that time to the new Note 7.

As noted .. I do live rurally, and have extensive commitments (even retired) including my medical appointments and medical alert systems that I rely upon (since I am service-connect Retired Military).  I have also the need to be able to swap in and out the various micro SDCards for my use and need the water proofing/resistance since my yardwork includes backing up to water (creek). 

I'd like to hear the reply from sprint corporate at this time .. I do NOT want the S7 at all .. and can't find the time to tinker around with multiple swaps of devices. 

Just give us all a status update on the CPSC testing at this time .. and when Sprint will send us customers the Notice of Replacement devices (giving us choices of colors and replacing our Accessories (like screen protectors)

Highlighted
Journeyman

CPSC has finally issued the official recall a few minutes ago. Let's get the replacement devices already.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat