cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall. Official Sprint statement.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall. Official Sprint statement.

I contacted sprint over a week ago, I received my Note 7  via mail, and they stated there was a waiting list I would be put on for a replacement. They stated over a 2 week wait after replacement phones received.

Highlighted
Journeyman

fireguy_6364 

I have yet to receive any kind of reply from Sprint. 

Supposedly I have a phone on order for replacement by mail, maybe in two to three weeks and as of last Friday the nearest corporate store, (1 hour and 20 minutes from my home) has added me to their list and i will be receiving a call once it's my turn on the list.  At present I choose not to aggravate myself further with regard to this recall. At some point, some day, I may actually be able to replace my phone.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

since you have one already on order by mail you might end up messing yourself over with this. its not who can get it to you quicker..you might be opening a even bigger can of worms here

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just so folks know ..
I ended up asking those along my travel route (including Best Buy other branches/locations) as well as Sprint itself to put me on notification listings for the released CPSC compliant phones ..
letting them know I am disabled individual traveling (my previous phone totally failed .. needed that replacement)
and that I do go earlier than most through TSA ..
Thankfully .. Best Buy noted that near where I was going to leave from .. and got me a CPSC Compliant the day I was leaving that area (since it was known TSA Was seizing non-compliant Note7s .. and I had also called USPS to see if the device (turned off) could be shipped instead of losing the full cost of phone due to seizure (it's difficult enough to deal with TSA and its hassling).
The phone was waiting for me .. they called Sprint and notified them of the change and got things mostly set up and transferred my data and microSD card fast.
(I have good things to say about Best Buy and it's in store sprint services .. )

so CPSC Compliant now .. and just have to get back to their Samsung Reps in Best Buy at where I am now to get the phablet fine tuned a little more ..

Highlighted
Wizard

This thread has been locked, please check the new thread from fireguy_6364 for the most up to date information on the Note 7.

Note 7 secondary recall. Store issues with this recall post in here please.

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat