cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Refuses to abide by national press release.

Journeyman

Sprint Refuses to abide by national press release.

On 10/8 sprint sent out a national press release about the note 7 issues. On 8/7 i got my replacement (mind you well after the date stated the replacements would be completed by.) upon checking the imei on the samsung recall index it states that this replacement needs to be returned. You can find The press release on androidpolice.com In the press release it states that anyone who has gotten a note 7 replacement and still has concerns about the note 7 may swap out the device for any other device that sprint carries including the Iphone 7 and 7s. Cust care as well as escalation team has stated to me that there is nothing that can be done except to exchange the device for another note 7 or a edge 7. I am putting this out there for everyone beware. Sprint is not abiding by their own press release. Please get this out there folks. Share link it SprintLies

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Sprint Refuses to abide by national press release.

Moved to Samsung Galaxy Note 7 forum.

Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah i called my store and said im pretty much stuck with my replacement model.  My only concern is im flying out of state in a few weeks and i dont wanna cause any problems for anyone cause of this phone i was kinda bymmed out when i the employee pretty much said "yeah thats the phone you have to keep unless you have an upgrade available"

Journeyman

Talk to the sprint chat team. If you look at the news feed there are links in the storys about em. Screen shot and talk with the facebook msg team. You can send screen shots. They will contact your local store and make them do the swap. I am going in the morning. I will keep you updated on how it goes.

Journeyman

Also i have heard severel stories of airports not letting them past the security when they xray yoyr stuff.

GrandMaster

i can see that happening since visually you cant really tell one way or another if its one of the affected ones or not.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yea don't trust sprint....

GrandMaster

and why would that be?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Hello Mizzlefizz

If you are having a hard time exchanging your device, we can help.

We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Gota how sprint offer to help someone that post in this thread but not the writer or the thread. I have been told my replacement phone has been ordered 2 days ago but never recieved an email confirmation. This is more excellent cust service from this company.

GrandMaster

replacement Note 7 or a completely different device?

Journeyman

Different device. They can no longer send out note 7s as they have been pulled from the shelf by samsung. But it took me hours on the phone days worth of calls and being told i was lying before someone who knew about the press release. She stated she would be sending out the device of my choice and i would receive a email confirmation like i did when i got the note 7. And that still has not happened. I am more then likely just been lied to by another rep just to get me off the phone because i see no records of the replacment being ordered.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat