cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note Edge android 5.0+

Journeyman

Note Edge android 5.0+

So ok this is a bit irritating, note edge the last flagship phone to come from Samsung, and it seems that it will be the last phone to receive the android 5.0 update. The S4 is getting it before then Note edge, does anyone have any ideas when the update may be coming to the note edge?

12 REPLIES 12
Master

Re: Note Edge android 5.0+

jjchastain512

Hi there. Once the update is announced it will be posted on the Note Edge page of the forum. You can check for updates on your device here: http://sprint.co/1NlkpZ2 .

- Layla
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Surprising especially since the rollout has begun for the Note 4.The edge is not that much different in any way. I guess it's less of a priority because not many people have the edge.

Journeyman

I guess being an early adopter of a Samsung phone with an edge (Note edge) wasn't such a good thing, look at the reviews of the S6 edge and that seems to be the one that everyone wants!! Still like itw33 said there really is no difference between the note edge and the note 4, with the exception of the "Edge" so why couldn't they release both of them at the same time!?!?!?!?!?!?!? And to the sprint rep Layla, thanks for the link to show me how to update my phone! but i already know how to do this, I was just inquiring as to why if I had the latest flagship phone from samsung and they already release the 5.0 or 5.0.1 to the masses why is it that the older phones are getting this before the edge. I mean come on this phone had hefty price tag on it, you would think that if a customer that pays that much for a phone that you would want to push out the updates before let's say the people that have the S4 older phone. Just my rant for the day, it still is rather irritating!!!!

Journeyman

the Note edge is not  a flagship phone its a limited edition side show...

that said patience the note 4 just got it yesterday... probably wont be too much longer

Journeyman

Its now been a week since the release for lollipop. I too have the note edge. I am wandering again why i have not received the update yet??!!

Journeyman

I too have a note edge. I have been waiting patiently for the new update, and i have yet to get the lollipop. Ao now what. It's been a week for the new update to have been releaed.

Journeyman

No update here in Ohio yet.

Master

BAKJR, Thank you for reaching out to us. It's unknown when you'll receive the newest update. Please check to make sure your phone is up-to-date through the Sprint Zone App. Thank you for your patience. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here to assist.
- Jayda
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

As of today march 31 is not show of the lollipop update. It all came to marketting strategy that the galaxy 6 edge shows first so that sprint can sell it more. Not satisfied, one of the dropping call issues customer here.

Highlighted

Looking forward to your private messages so I can get more information & check things out. I'm here for a short time today but I'll be back in the morning. Leave me a message You'll hear back from me soon.

-Eryca Sprint Social care

Sprint Product Ambassador

The Lollipop update was released yesterday. It is available to ALL Note Edge owners now. A number of bugs have been fixed along with enhancements and security updates. Please update your Note Edge and let us know what you think.

See my blog about the update here:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung-gala...

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat