Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge software update - version N915PVPU4DPD

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge software update - version N915PVPU4DPD

Features/Enhancements:

• Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update
  • Google and Samsung Security Updates
  • Bug Fixes

Important Info:

• Phased roll-out of the update starts on 4/21/16 and will be completed by 5/2/16
  • Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update.  Please do not call asking.  Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note Edge software update - version N915PVPU4DPD

There is no memory entry in settings, should be right under battery

Journeyman

still running like [inappropriate word removed] since . . . spotty network connectivitiy even though it sees network, restarting all the time, quick battery drain & slow recharge, more notifications that i cannot get rid of and just stay there, and probably other stuff I will remember later

(a lot of time on phone spent where they only worry about network towers and hardware checks in store, and no known outlet yet to look into a phone that worked well right before the update and had problems almost right after said update . . . with calls ending with a "disconnect")

Journeyman

After the firmware update my Note Edge constantly reboots about every 5 minute if I try to use a bluetooth headset while the memory card is inserted.  I finally removed the MicroSD card so that the phone would stop rebooting.  It would also randomly reboot if I wasn't using bluetooth but, not as frequently.  Anyway, with the MicroSD card  inserted the SD Card inserted notification in the upper left side of the tray is constantly on.  It never did that before so there is definitely some issues with this new firmware update that need fixing.  I have a Samsung brand MicroSD card that 64 GB and is the fastest class.  I also tried another MicroSD card a PNY brand and it also caused the phone to constantly reboot.  Even if the phone formatted the card.  So if you have reboot issues take out the MicroSD card and wait on an update to fix this update.

Sprint Social Care

Hello glangfeld, BOOR, Ben_in_TN

Thank you for contacting us with your updates. Did you have a chance to Update the PRL after the software update? Please try doing and keep us posted with the outcome.

Irene

Sprint Social Care

Irene
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I updated the PRL and Profile as soon as I did a complete format of the phone.  I don't have network connectivity issues with mine.  Just the constant reboots with a MicroSD card inserted.  The phone is pretty stable with the MicroSD card removed.  This is still not fair to phone owners who's phones were working just fine before the update.  It's as if Samsung or Sprint did no beta testing before releasing this firmware update.

Journeyman

of course

updated PRL, did resets on phone as directed by multiple Sprint people on phone, but Sprint has yet to do anything to fix and/or look at the updates which mark the beginning of immediately seeing pronounced problems and the end of not having those issues

Sprint Social Care

Good morning BOOR & Ben_in_TN

We understand how frustrating it can be when your device has been working perfectly and after an update, (which is to make it better) you get this issues. The updates come directly from the manufacturer. Even them, are not aware of what it will come with, once they send it. You do have the option of doing a master reset and reverting the process, then turn off notifications to stop receiving the Software Update Notification. Once the manufacture corrects those glitches they send another Software Update to fix the previous ones. At that point you can update the software of your device. If you want to be assisted with the Factory Reset you can also go to one of our Sprint Stores. Here is a link to find the closest store to your location http://sprint.co/1bWupaC .

Please keep me posted with the outcome.

Irene

Sprint Social Care

Irene
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat