cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: What else can the Edge do for you?

Sprint Product Ambassador

so by now we have seen a lot of cool features of the Note Edge. The usual are there which are also shared with this Note 4 brother. However, on the edge side, what else can we do? why is it so special? is there anything relevant out there? Well i will go over a few options I like to use on a regular basis that make my life a bit easier.

First thing that I have already mentioned in another blog, is the night clock. It is by far one of my favorite and most used features on this device. So as I have a full blog on it, I shall not repeat myself. Here is the link.

If you venture out to the Edge settings by swiping up from the bottom corner and hitting the clog button, the top menu item is Manage Panels. Go ahead and hit that. This is where you can add or take out panels for your Edge screen. So there are some default ones that you could leave on there as seen below:

Screenshot_2015-04-20-11-53-13_resized.png

However you can download more panels from the Galaxy store. Just hit the upside down arrow on the top right and you will land here:

Screenshot_2015-04-20-11-53-52_resized.png

Here you see some Samsung built as well as use built panels. My 3 favorites are the first 3 from the left.

The EdgeBoard is a third party panel created by Joseph Mortar. It expands on your ability to add more shortcuts and content on your panel.

Screenshot_2015-04-20-12-15-45_resized.png

The second one is Everything Edge. This is where you can actually download from a host of various cool images to be your default edge screen especially when the phone is locked. Showcase your favorite sports team, or TV show, the list is endless. Some images cost a bit so beware.

Screenshot_2015-04-20-12-16-20_resized.png

Finally the S Planner widget by Samsung provides a nice calendar view for your Edge panel. It displays all your upcoming meetings so you dont have to open your calendar app. Pretty snazzy.

Screenshot_2015-04-20-12-14-07_resized.png

There you have it. A few cool little things for you to explore. There are a few games too but that's for another day.

-- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee