cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors - Customize your experience

Wizard

Some of the default settings on most Android devices do not work well for me. Below are six things I always do whenever I activate a new phone. I find these things make the device easier to use and in some cases less annoying!

1. Change the text message sound to something unique. I like to be able to tell when my phone makes a sound what it is. If your text messages sound different than email, Twitter, Facebook updates it’s easier to tell if it’s something important that requires your attention. Messages List > … Menu > Settings > Notifications > Notification Sound

Screenshot_2015-04-17-16-42-51.png

1. Set Touch Key Light to Always on. Fumbling around to find the back button, especially when the phone is new is not fun. Change the settings so that the touch key lights are always on and they will be lit up whenever your screen is on. Settings > Display and Wallpaper > Touch key light duration > Always on

touchkeylight.png

1. Turn off Touch Sounds. Does your phone make a sound every time you touch something? That can annoy those around you, especially in quiet situations. Settings > Sounds and Notifications > Other sounds > Uncheck Touch Sounds

keytouchsounds.jpg

1. Turn off Email Notification Sound. If you have your work email synced to your phone and you get as many emails as most of us do, your phone is probably constantly chirping throughout the day and is another form of distraction. You can turn off the sound but still get a notification in the drop-down menu and LED light flash when you get new messages. Email > … Menu > Settings > Manage Accounts > Your Email Address > Notification Sound > Pick the one called Silent

textmsgsound.png

1. Set up trusted devices or locations to bypass your password lock. New feature for Android Lollipop where you can skip your password while at home or when connected to your bluetooth device. Menu > Security > Smart Lock then click on trusted devices or trusted places to enable

smartlock.png

1. Backup Photos Online. If you ever lose or break your phone beyond repair, you may lose some great photos. Enable automatic backups of your photos. Two easy solutions are Google Photos, which should be pre-installed, or Dropbox’s Carousel. Enter either of these apps to be prompted to back up. Then if your phone goes kaput, your photos will be safe!

backup.png

What are your favorite settings to tweak? I’d love to hear your suggestions too!

That’s all for now

Your Product Ambassador Team.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.