cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors - Note Edge: Key Features

Wizard

Samsung Note Edge PVLAA sm.jpg

I have been using the new Samsung Galaxy Note Edge for about a week, and here's some of the things I've learned so far! 

Edge Display

The Edge display has a multitude of features that will enhance your experience with the phone. When you launch any audio app such as Google Music, Pocket Casts (podcast app) Pandora or Milk - an audio control pops up in the edge display. If you are reading messages or surfing the web, it's easy to tap pause or skip to the next song with the edge display.

When the display is off, run your finger up then down the edge display and it will turn on and show you the time and your current notifications. This is a great way to check your notifications without being too distracting. You can also use this method to access your audio controls if you are listening to music on the earphones!

You can also customize the display of your edge panel! Pull up from the bottom and click the little cog icon for settings. Click on Express Me to customize your panel with photos, text and even your own handwriting with the stylus.

Automatically display a night clock during the hours you choose to turn your phone into a great bedside alarm clock.

Fingerprint Unlock

Tired of typing in your password but want to keep your phone secure? Go into Settings>Lock Screen > Screen Lock and turn on Fingerprint. To set it up you will swipe your finger over the button at the bottom of the device several times. Make sure to try different positions as you are swiping so it can learn your fingerprint from any angle. You can enroll the same finger two times to get even better unlocking. Up to three fingers can be set up for finger print unlock. I recommend doing at least one finger from each hand for convenience.

S Health

Use S-Health to track your fitness instead of buying a separate fitness tracker! Enable the pedometer to track your steps it works best if it's in your pocket so it can feel the steps.

Log your food/meals in the application to track your calorie, fat, carb and protein intake. You can snap a quick picture of the meal if you want to go back and log it later.

You can also take your heart rate resting or while exercising. You just put your finger over the back flash and it glows red while it reads your pulse through your finger.

Well that's all for now!

Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.