cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy Note Edge-Note Series Features

Journeyman

Samsung Note Edge – Note series features

Besides the fact that the Edge on the new Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a long time, the phone itself is quite impressive as well. I think because of all of the awesome that goes along with something like the Edge panel, a lot of other stuff may get overlooked. Like the fact that this device belongs to the Samsung Note Series. Which means it comes with the amazingly designed SPen. Or that premium leather-like design and feel that Note users have become accustomed to. You don’t get those things on just any device.

The SPen alone comes with so many great features like SNote, screen write, and action memos. The stylus works so well with the phone, you don’t even have to touch the screen. You can have the pen close to the screen and press the button on the pen, and a little wheel of options pops up for you to choose your SPen application to start up. Action memos are my favorite. You can handwrite a phone number, or email address, or street address, and with the tap of a few buttons, you can turn that handwriting into a phonecall, email, or google map directions.

You also get S-Voice. S-Voice is Samsung’s personal assistant application which allows you to control your phone with your voice. You can even wake your phone up by saying “hi Galaxy” when the right setting is enabled. S-Voice can get you directions to the closest restaurant, email your boss, or make a phone call with you. It can also be tailored to a male or female voice with different accents/languages available for download.

One of my favorite features on the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is the fingerprint scanner. I absolutely love the idea of having just my fingerprint to unlock a device. It was super easy to setup under the lockscreen settings. I just configured a couple of my fingers, and set up a backup pin, in case my fingerprints get burned off, and I was good to go. Now when I want to get into my phone, I swipe the home button (downward) with one of the fingers I set up, and voila, my phone is unlocked. At first it seemed kind of clunky, and I couldn’t get my finger to swipe correctly. The phone would tell me “swipe the whole pad” or “swipe faster.” But after using it for a couple of days, I got used to the cadence of the scanner, and what type of movement it is looking for. I hope more OEMs follow suit and incorporate fingerprint scanners as a way to unlock devices. We should all get to feel like we’re opening a secure briefcase with supersecret contents inside!

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.