cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy Note Edge - S Pen

Sprint Product Ambassador

One of the unique features of the Samsung Galaxy Note Series is that of the S Pen. That being said, the S Pen is included with the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge device.

Having a large 5.6 inch screen warrants the use of an S Pen, in my opinion. The S Pen is no ordinary “stylus” and offers a lot of unique features, which are listed below.

Smart Select

Allows you to freely select text and content on any screen to share and save.

Photo Note

Take photos with Photo Note, converting analog to digital. You can also edit notes, change colors, and add memos with the S Pen.

Advanced S Pen

The S pen on the Galaxy Note Edge offers an improved digital handwriting experience through enhanced pressure sensitivity. This allows for a more precise writing experience.

You can customize the way your S Pen works by navigating to Settings > S Pen. In this area you will can access the following S Pen settings...

Air Command

When you press the pen button while hovering your S Pen over the screen, the Air Command features will appear resulting in the following options:

aircommand.png

1. Action Memo - Allows you to write memos quickly and link actions to them. You can make calls, send messages, surf online, and more.
  2. Smart Select - Allows you to quickly collect content.
  3. Image Clip - You can draw around an area of the screen that you want to save/share.
  4. Screen Write - You can capture, edit, and write memos on screenshots and share them

Air View

Allows you to preview information, extend text, or enlarge images by hovering your S Pen over the screen.

Pointer

Allows you to hover the S Pen over the screen enabling a pointer showing available actions.

Direct Pen Input

Allows you to hover the S Pen over the text input area and then tap the button to use the handwriting pad.

S Pen Alerts

Allows you to set your phone to sound an alert and show a pop-up when you walk away with your phone without attaching the S Pen. This function only works when the screen is off.

Turn Off S Pen Detection

Allows you to turn off S Pen detection when the pen is attached which prolongs battery life.

S Pen Sound

Allows you to enable sounds for Air Command, Air View, and Handwriting.

S Pen Vibration Feedback

Allows you to enable vibration for Air Command, Air View, Handwriting, and S Pen Gestures.

S Pen Detachment Options

Allows you to enable detachment options for Action Memo or Air Command.

Attach/Detach Sound

Allows you to select from three sounds for your attach/detach sound.

Attach/Detach Vibration

Allows you to receive vibration feedback when you attach/detach the S Pen.

My favorite S Pen feature is the “S Pen Alerts.” I really like the fact that it alerts you if you leave your S Pen behind. If I walk away with my S Pen on the desk and my screen is off, the Note Edge will alert me that I have left it behind. This will ensure you do not misplace your S Pen. I wish all my devices had that functionality with say… bluetooth headsets (which disappear for me like missing socks in a dryer)!

spenalert.png

The Note Edge is packed with many great features, such as the S Pen. The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.