cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Screen Customization

Sprint Product Ambassador

While there are a plethora of features to talk about with the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, this post is all about the main feature that makes this device so unique… its Edge screen.

The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge has a 5.6 inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED screen, featuring an “Edge screen” on the right side that curves. The Edge screen showcases different content, such as notifications, alerts, access to frequently used apps, and is customizable.

Customizing the Edge Screen

Let’s talk about how we can customize the Edge screen to showcase your favorite apps, Edge screen settings, panels, messages, and more.

Edit Favorite Applications

When the device screen is on, you’ll see a “star” at the top of the Edge screen. When you tap the star, the “Edit favorite applications” screen will appear.

Screenshot_2015-03-25-13-39-49.png

• Add an App to the Edge Screen

While in the “Edit favorite applications” view, you can add an app to your Edge screen. To do this, select an app by long pressing on the app icon and dragging it onto the Edge screen.

• Remove an App from the Edge Screen

To remove an app from your Edge screen, simply select the app via a long press on the app icon on the Edge screen and drag it off the Edge screen.

• Creating a Folder on the Edge Screen

To create a folder on the Edge screen, select an app (via long pressing on the app icon) and a “Create folder” option will appear on the top. Drag the selected app to where it says “Create folder” and a folder will be created containing that app on the Edge screen. To add other apps to the folder, select the app you’d like to add from the “Edit favorite applications” screen and drag on top of the folder in your Edge screen.

Access Edge Screen Settings

To access Edge screen settings, look on the bottom of your Edge screen. You will see an “up arrow.” Drag this “up arrow” up, and the settings icon will appear. Tap the settings icon to open Edge screen settings.

edgesettings.png

Manage Edge Screen Panels

You can have up to seven active panels on your Edge screen. To select and deselect panels, you need to access the “Manage panels” option in the Edge screen settings. Once in the Edge screen settings (accessed per the steps above), select “Manage panels.”

Screenshot_2015-03-25-14-21-54.pngtherm.png

• Selecting and Deselecting Edge Screen Panels

In this area, you will be presented with panels from which to choose, as well as your option to download additional panels. Select up to seven panels.

• Saving your Edge Screen Panel Selections

To save your panel selections, be certain to tap “< Manage panels” which will take you back a screen and save your changes in the process. If you exit without doing this, your changes will not be saved.

Express Me Panels

The “Express me” panel allows you to have some fun with your Edge screen by really “making it your own” so to speak. It is displayed on the Edge screen while the device is locked. You can view other panels by swiping the edge screen left or right. When you’re in the Edge screen settings, access “Express me” by tapping on that option.

expressme.png

• Selecting Express Me Panels

You can select from several “Express me” panel options as well as import some. Simply tap the one you want to use.

• Customizing Express Me Panels

After selecting your “Express me” panel of choice, tap the pencil icon at the bottom to access editing options. From there, you can edit images, handwriting, text, and special effects.

• Saving your Express Me Panel

After editing your “Express me” panel, select “Done” in the upper-right hand corner of your screen to save your panel.

• Deleting an Express Me Panel

To delete an “Express me” panel, tap the three dots in the upper-right hand corner of your screen. Tap “Select” and check the box on the panel(s) you’d like to select. Tap the “Trash” icon in the upper-right hand corner of the screen.

• Sharing an Express Me Panel

To share an “Express me” panel, tap the three dots in the upper-right hand corner of your screen. Tap “Select” and check the box on the panel(s) you want to share. Tap the “Share” icon in the upper-right hand corner of the screen. Select your sharing option.

Information Stream

The Information Stream shows updates and missed notifications from the feeds you select. You can select which notifications are shown by editing the briefing panel, and you can select the feeds you want to receive (add or remove feed panels in manage panels section).

Night Clock

Night Clock is a great feature that uses the edge screen to show a dimly lit clock at night. You can select the hours for the clock to be displayed. The Night Clock feature is accessible under the Edge screen settings.

Personal Message

Personal message simply shows a personal message along your Edge screen. You can edit your “Personal message’ by accessing this option in the Edge screen settings.

Rotate 180 Degrees

This is a feature that enables the Edge screen to move to different edges of your device as you turn your device. It is quite cool and I suggest enabling it. You can access this feature in your Edge screen settings.

Other Cool Edge Screen Features

At the top of your Edge screen, you will see two horizontal lines. Drag down on these lines and you’ll gain access to…

• Ruler
  • Stopwatch
  • Timer
  • Flashlight
  • Voice Recorder

Screenshot_2015-03-25-13-37-08.png

If you do not have a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge yet and are in the market for something awesome and different in an Android device, I strongly suggest you consider this device. The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.