cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy Note Edge - Smart Remote

Sprint Product Ambassador

Do you recall the old days when you lost a remote control? What a pain it was to have to buy a new remote, and universal remotes could get quite pricey! In addition, what about having a container full of remotes? Explaining to visitors which remote to use can be such a challenge. Well, I’m happy to say that this no longer has to be an issue.

I have been using the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, and one of my favorite features is that it comes with the Smart Remote app. Smart Remote by Peel Technologies is a universal remote control application that works on select devices, one of which is the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. If the app is not resident on your device (it was already on my device), you can download it for free from Google Play.

sr1.pngsrphoneisremote.png

So, I must admit that I was hesitant about trying the Smart Remote app. Past experiences with universal remotes have left me a bit disgruntled in this space. I thought “I have such a unique setup, there is no way I will be able to get my remote to work with my system.” You see, the tv in my master is made by Hannspree, and I have been unsuccessful in the past with getting a remote to work with this set. In addition, I access my local channels through a digital antenna via my TiVo and also have a Roku attached to this set.

sr4.pngsrtvbrand.png

I am pleased to say that this Smart Remote app is really smart. It was able to pair with my unique Hannspree TV, TiVo, and Roku. In fact, it will also pair with my AppleTV and a plethora of other devices. I was, however, unable to add my Nexus Player as well as my XBox. Perhaps that functionality will be added soon. That’s okay though and I’ll take what I can get. This remote will replace my many remotes going forward. I love it!

srtivo.pngsrdevicetype.png

The nice thing about the Smart Remote is you can use it with multiple tvs and the setup process is a breeze! Smart Remote allows you to control your TV, DVD/Blu-ray player, Roku, Apple TV, TiVo, audio system and more using the built-in IR blaster on your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. In addition, it allows you to personalize your settings, select what you like to watch, set reminders, program your DVR, and more.

srpersonalize.pngsrremoteimage.png

Another perk… if you’re a prankster you can really have some fun with this. The next time you’re at a friend’s gathering, pair up your Smart Remote with their set and control their tv.  Back in the day, the prankster in me had a device called “TV B Gone” which was on my keychain. It would simply scan for nearby television sets, pair up, and turn them off. Fun stuff! However, Smart Remote is much more fun due to having far more control. I guess I should grow up one of these days, right? ha

The Galaxy Note Edge is a sweet device full of lots of cool features, and Smart Remote is one of those features you’ll want to check out. The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.