Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get the Edge, no one has it

Highlighted
Journeyman

Trying to get the Edge, no one has it

I've been saving my upgrade for the Edge. There are three Sprint stores within driving distance of my home, and none of them have the phone. None of them can tell me when they'll get it. All three stores told me they were "supposed to" get the Edge yesterday, that they "might" get a shipment later today but probably won't, and that they "may" have it some time next week. I can't purchase the phone online because I'm using Easy Pay. I'm on the Framily plan and am paying an extra $20/month to have a yearly upgrade. So, now I'm paying $50 this month ($30 Easy Pay payment on my current phone, plus the $20/month fee for the yearly upgrade) for services/upgrades that Sprint is not allowing me to use. This is horrible customer service, and incredibly frustrating.

Tags (2)
66 REPLIES 66
Highlighted
Master

Re: Trying to get the Edge, no one has it

My suggestion, keep calling othere stores. Another poster mentioned the same thing, calling a number of stores and none had it. But he eventually found one in his area. Not sure how far out he's gotta go for it though.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

compuhustler3, Thank you for reaching out! We definitely want you to have that great device! Have you tried upgrading online? If you are currently on the Easy Pay option and upgrade eligible, upgrading online is an option. Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies for the browser history and refreshing the page? Let us know! - Justin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a similar issue i am eligible with an old one up plan upgrade... i was going to take this opportunity to also change to the 60 dollar unlimited plan basically to get a new phone and pay less.. but since i have to physically trade in my phone i cant order online.  doesn't even give me the option to add the phone to my cart.. 

went to several stores got the same thing, supposed to be, call back in a few hours hopefully its on our afternoon shipment, but of course no definitive answers and none here either...

Then i noticed the open box event for the 18th is that when the phone will be available for sale in the stores?  would have been nice to know that before i spent most of my morning( i work nights so that's sleeping time for me) looking for one.

All i would like to know is when and where will the phones be available so i can get one...if its not till the 18th while that's a bummer and really annoying considering all the paperwork put out by sprint said Friday the 14th at least i wont have to go looking another morning.. or call several stores to find out daily if they have it in stock... 

Highlighted
Master

AJC1973, I know that this may be troubling. I would like to apologize for the frustration this may have caused. The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is available at this time in Sprint stores. The device may be out of stock at the stores you have visited. Try checking online for a store in your area that has it in stock. Once you select the device, you will be able click See store availability under Pick Up in Store. - Vanessa
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

i showed up at opening at three stores literally as they were opening the door..

not to be argumentative but what you say is incorrect

I have checked online for 50 miles out there is no store in the phoenix metro area that has it, also at the last store asked the rep to check the inventory and he could not find any in any of the stores... (from what im seeing this isnt just a local issue

look i can wait my note 3 is working fine. im a phone geek... I just want to know when its going to be available so i don't have to waste an entire morning looking for it

Message was edited by: AJC1973

Highlighted
Wizard

Yeah that would be me. And as I mentioned in the other thread, it was a lie. When I got there, there was no shipment and no Edges. This was the first time (that I can recall in over a decade) that I was straight up lied to. I rather they just had said, no from the beginning instead of taking time driving there, paying for parking, waiting for a rep to leave with nothing but air. I could have been home all that time sipping on a drink. lol

I went to to the T-Mobile and AT&T stores two blocks away and they also did not have any Edges either. So maybe it is a shipping delay issue, still it was the lying that got on my nerves.

TS

Highlighted
Master

Ahh bummer, I missed your post about showing up. That sucks.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Wizard

I would have to agree with AJC, and say that info is incorrect. It can't be in stock if they never got any shipments.If they did it certainly isn't in any of the NYC stores. (trust me I called them all, at least the corporate ones, not the fly by night ones).

And as mentioned above, this leads me to believe that there may not have many folks willing to participate in that open box event if they don't get devices into customers hands before the 18th.

TS

Highlighted
Wizard

yeah tell me about it. But eh what can you do. I am not going to sweat it (at least not yet) lol

Like others have mentioned, with this device I have to put it on easy pay which means I have to deal directly with a store. I already payed off 2 devices on my account in full and have one on easy pay. Therefore I have to put this one also on easy pay unless i take out a second mortgage. Otherwise I would just order it online and be done with it.

TS

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's not that the phones are "out of stock" because they've all been purchased. They're just not there period. Upgrading online is NOT an option, I cannot add the phone to my cart.

If they won't be available until the 18th, fine. Just stop insisting they're available today when they're not.

Highlighted
Master

AJC1973 - Have you tried participating in the buyback program and then ordering the device online? You can check the quote for your device at sprint.com/buyback - Nyyota
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat