cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/13 - Samsung Galaxy Note II Software Update - L900VPAMA7

Journeyman

Re: 2/13 - Samsung Galaxy Note II Software Update - L900VPAMA7

I'm in Oregon.  I woke up yesterday morning to a message saying there was an update available.  It loaded pretty quickly.  It didn't affect my settings except that it turned on the display's Smart stay feature, and it re-enabled the clicking sounds on the keyboard.  Other than that, seems pretty innocuous.

BTW, if you get a new icon in the top bar that looks like an eye, that's the Smart stay.  To turn it off just go Settings --> Display --> scroll down to Features --> uncheck the Smart stay box.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do you turn off the irritating, nails across the chalkboard clicking sound?  I have gone into settings and my sift key sounds are not checked/activated.  WT Heck? 

Journeyman

If you disable it in Sounds it's not enough.  Try this:

Go Settings --> Language and Input --> settings for the keyboard(s) you use (click on the white wheel to the right of the keyboard's name)

If you're using the Samsung keyboard, go into its settings --> Advanced --> disable "Key-tap sound" at the bottom

Try that...

Journeyman

Wonderful!  Thanks so much JoeSmithers, worked like a charm!  Such a small thing but irritating none the less!!

Journeyman

I haven't really noticed any performance upgrades myself I've had it for about 24 hours on the new update. Just got my Smart Dock today also, so I haven't played with battery life much yet. There is one annoying issue I've noticed with my own device is the 'Smart Stay' icon is always on in the notification bar.

Journeyman

The camera has some slight UI changes, just click on shooting mode and you can see them.  Also you can change some of quick settings buttons in the notification panel and you couldn't have all of those previously.  So there are some changes.  These are minor changes but they are there.

Journeyman

Google Wallet is now working!

Journeyman

Updated overnight. Now, whenever my screen times out and I hit the home key to unlock: Task manager pops up

I have also noticed the ability to change ink colors, choose which options are in the notification drop down, and choosing lock screen menus is a little different. Also, on stock keyboard the best suggestion is now in blue font.

Journeyman

things I've noticed....

1. the smart stay EYE now stays at the top of the screen with Smart Stay OR Smart Rotation are turned on (SETTINGS --> DISPLAY---> turn off both to remove the EYE)

2. you can now change the Quick Settings Toggles on the notification bar (SETTINGS --> DISPLAY---> NOTIFICATION PANEL).... maybe that was there before and i missed it.

3.  I have swiftkey flow enabled for the stock keyboard, and now when using it, the word is guessing while I'm swiping instead of waiting till the end of the swype to guess it. This is similar to how stock 4.2 works

4.  My guess is that this was also a patch to the previous security issue where clicking a link could start a hard reset from the dial pad......... Just a guess

Journeyman

That was the 1st thing I checked and no it is NOT working.  I still went a checked again though after I saw your post...... fool me twice, shame on me.

Journeyman

After reading forums elsewhere the Google Wallet seems a bit hit or miss.  Here is a screenshot of wallet working.  Note, I had Google Wallet already installed on my phone, even know it didn't work.  People are saying its not available for the Note 2 on Google Play. 

My phone is completely stock rom.  OTA this morning.

Have to say the battery drain has been significantly faster IMO.  Was also able to move around my notification bar widgets and the eye stays on for smartstay ALL the time.

2013-02-18 15.18.23.png

Journeyman

After the update, everytime I Power on the device using the Home button, it launches Recent Apps/Task Manager????!  Ugh!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat