cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/13 - Samsung Galaxy Note II Software Update - L900VPAMA7

Highlighted
Patron

Re: 2/13 - Samsung Galaxy Note II Software Update - L900VPAMA7

It's possible that the battery drain issue is related to the smart stay and smart rotate feature, as the eye icon is always on.  In the past, it would check periodically. Now, I suspect the camera is always on, using up more power.

I also noted that the keyboard has been changed slightly.  Predictions at the center are in blue, and you can edit phrases now instead of just words.

For those tracking the update, I saw the notification this morning. I'm in NW Houston, TX.

Journeyman

So you say. But if that was true, why does it now take my Swype (input method) 30 seconds to load every single time (even after a reboot)?

Journeyman

Every since the update my microsoft servere mail will not push through nor will my regular email sync...they both have to be manually refreshed.

Journeyman

It did not fix the severe bluetooth issues this phone has. It's so bad most folks I know are rooting their phones over at XDA so they can replace the bluetooth OS modules. It's the only way to fix the lockup/reboot/disconneting issues. Come on Samsung this is getting old. The folks at XDA have been in contact with the tech folks at Samsung but no fix so far. I was hoping this firmware was the it but no such luck. Over on XDA folks have listed all of the many vehicles that have this problem with the Note II.

Journeyman

So this morning on my way to work I get the firmware update notification it installs without any problems but once all the apps finished updating I noticed that the Smart Stay eye stays on on top notification bar it's visible but it blinks but never goes away I'm not liking it being there so I turned the feature off I just want to know if this is part of the firmware update or is it a glitch I really liked this feature pls help.

Journeyman

Yes - the update did the same to my GN II. Now the Smart Stay indicator works (I guess - it is always on if the setting is checked). Check your Settings/Display/Smart Stay setting.

Journeyman

My Exchange Activesync push died after the update as well.  I deleted the account, cleared the phone from the Exchange server, reset the phone, recreated the account and still the same.  Trying to remember to stop and do a manual refresh throughout the day is a nightmare.

Journeyman

We live in SE Texas and I just received update notification today and my husband received his 2 days ago.  I wasn't sure what he was talking about until I received the nudge.  We wanted to check here first because we were part of the initial victims of the "Samsung Intercept Crisis", so we are very afraid, since our phones worked perfectly then as well as now.  The main complaint I'm seeing is battery drain and perhaps the camera staying on or working by itself; no benefit in accepting the update, is there one?  What are the ramifications if we do not accept the update?

Journeyman

Reply to Jovenloco01

"I just want to know if this is part of the firmware update or is it a glitch I really liked this feature pls help."

Yes, this came with the update.  I too disabled it, due to the annoying eye always on the screen.  FYI, the answer to this question was in previous posts on this thread.  Make sure to read the thread before posting.  

Journeyman

I just received the update late last night and I'm in Los Angeles. After the update, I noticed that the notification panel can get customized and my custom background in the text app is darken. There's no problems after the update.

Journeyman

I think it probably is a glitch in the update firmware. I even turned off smart stay because I too am having this same issue, yet even with smart stay turned off, the eye never disappears.

Journeyman

Update: Honda has acknowledged the the Bluetooth problem is with their software even though the baseband versions match. They are going to be getting a rom update for certain Honda vehicles.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat