cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$299 seemed a hefty price but doable until...

Highlighted
Journeyman

$299 seemed a hefty price but doable until...

I was on the Office Depot website and saw the Galaxy Note II being offered to new Sprint customers for $179.  I understand that new customers are given price incentives to bring them on-board, but must the difference be so dramatic. While my phone has reached the point in its life that thousands of touch inputs and thousands of charging cycles have left it a shadow of its former self, that extra $120 is a tough pill to swallow now that I know it is "extra."

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Master

You have to keep in mind, many incentives are given from Samsung itself, and some from Sprint. I used to work for OD and the manufactures will give some crazy discounts. I agree, Sprint has to use those incentives for their costumers, but again, many second hand stores use this deep discounts to also bring more foot traffic in their stores.

I don't agree when you say that the phone has reached its end point, I think this phone is still strong and still capable to run circles around other phones, even some new ones coming out. Just my opinion...

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

The OP was stated that their current phone has reached the end of its life.  Not that the Note II has.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone has any idea when the next date that they will drop the price below $299 in the sprint website?

Highlighted
Master

Try going through Samsung website, sometimes they have promotions for any Samsung devices, like $20 gift card if you purchase a samsung device or anything similar to that. Keep in mind that those type of promotions are only from samsung, and you have to send them to Samsung, Sprint will has nothing to do with that. Normally they will list what you need to send in the promotion sheet, like the original receipt and the barcode of the item, one suggestion if you go that route, always make copies of everything you send.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know if it's still going on, but I purchased my Note II, with an existing contract from Best Buy, and the total was $213.00.  (199 plus tax).  Just remember that 36.00 activation fee that will be on your sprint bill.   I'd call best buy, or look on amazon mobile.  They have some great deals sometimes.

Highlighted
Master

how long ago was that, i know everyone was giving crazy deals on mobile phone purchases for new year, like $100 gift card at wallmart and best buy, not sure about this moment.

Highlighted

You could upgrade to Samsung Note 2 using home shopping network,you could use flex pay and the payments for samsung note 2 are split up into 4. You would being paying 69.99 per month and it is not credit.First payment would include taxes and shipping. I upgade to Samsung note 2 using them.

http://www.hsn.com/products/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-smartphone2-yr-sprint-contract/7000466

Highlighted
Journeyman

Amazon if offering the Titanium version for $149 for upgrade.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Note-II-Android-Titanium/dp/B00A0CIS5C/

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat