cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.1.2. update issue on Note 2 -What day is it?

Journeyman

4.1.2. update issue on Note 2 -What day is it?

Updated yesterday, Feb 19,  and when the phone restarted it thought the day was Saturday, Feb 16..  Rebooted again, and it's back to Tuesday.  This morning, my alarm didn't go off because it thought it was Sunday, Feb 17. Rebooted again, and it's back to Wednesday, Feb 20. Does anyone know how to fix? I depend on my alarms and they required the phone to know the date!

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: 4.1.2. update issue on Note 2 -What day is it?

EBat10,

Thank you for the post.

I have not yet heard about any issues with the date/time on the 4.1.2 update. I personally updated yesterday morning and haven't seen any issues with it. Did you verify the settings look correct in your Settings>Date and Time ?

Thank you,

Chris

Wizard

I have heard of this before through other forums, but did not follow because I've not encountered that issue.  It's not related to the update because I've read about it before the update came about.  Try Google.  Good luck.

By the way, I have a feeling Factory Reset will resolve it, but that's last resort because it will erase everything (except what's on your SD card).

Journeyman

Under Date/Time settings, it is checked "Automatic date and time" (Use network provided time). 

I just find it unusual that immediately after the phone rebooted with the update, the date/time changed.  Maybe it is a coincidence, but it's a little soon to rule out the update as a cause.

Journeyman

Hi, We are throwing our hat into the ring just to let "the powers that be" know there is an issue.  Our phones have been experiencing this issue for the past several weeks:  BEFORE UPDATE (BU) and AFTER UPDATE (AU).  We share your frustrations because some new medicine I'm taken has to be taken at certain times. 

SW TX in case it has something to do with a coverage area.  Our phones just came back on-line a few weeks ago inside our home.  My husband had to walk to the main road in order to get a signal.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also in Texas, but North.

Journeyman

You may be able to work around the issue by using a time sync app from the android market.

It's not really a fix to the problem, but should be a useful workaround at least

Try searching Google Play for NNTP

I had a similar issue on my OG Evo4g. Sorry I can't recall the exact name of the app I used.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat