Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/17- Samsung Galaxy Note II Software Update - L900VPAMC2

Wizard

4/17- Samsung Galaxy Note II Software Update - L900VPAMC2

Samsung Galaxy Note II Software Update - L900VPAMC2

Enhancements/Fixes

- Waking a device with the home key incorrectly brings up the Recently Used applications screen

- Home Screen security fix

Important Notes

- Software version is L900VPAMC2

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy Note II Software Update for install instructions

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: 4/17- Samsung Galaxy Note II Software Update - L900VPAMC2

BIG NOTE FOR ANYONE UPDATING TO MC2:

After the MC2 update process I lost calling and message functions.  Updating PRL/Profile also acted up though it did pass sometimes.

If you see this happen try ##72786#, allow the phone to reboot and perform Hands Free Activation again.

This was the only way that it finally resolved for me.

(Minor note:  I did 3 times actually, but first 2 were in Airave and wifi coverage and not sure which may have caused a problem.

But the first 2 times it didn't work as I expected.)

Also, Home Screen fix was mentioned on the 'net as the Lock Screen bug.  So this is the fix for it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd like to update my previous notes.  It seems the Airave may be the culprit for 2 out of 3 people I know had issues - checking on third.

Journeyman

I had to do several hands free activations to make data work. It was in a weird limbo where it would only work for prl, profile updates, or if I set it to CDMA only.

It works now, but something is off.

Wizard

So where is this update?

Wizard

Where is this update? Two GN2's on my account and a friend has two on his account on the other side of the country and none have seen any sign of this update.

A Sprint rep reply would be nice.

ALynch40 wrote:

So where is this update?

Journeyman

Can you tell me if they removed the "Screen Edge Slide Zoom" feature in this release, which they did on the S3, i.e., MA6/MB1

I cannot get Samsung (or Sprint) to acknowledge that they did this, let alone whetehr it was inadvertant or intentional.

It is a feature that has not been documented, and at first confused most users who are accustomed to sliding along the edge of a screen as though it was a PC and has scroll bars. It is present in the stock Web Browser and in the stock Email client.

Below is the only reference I've ever seen about it:

Enhanced User Experience

New features available with the update are optimized for a 10.1" screen.

• Internet: Slide your thumb from the left or right edge to zoom in and out.

Of course, that description is hardly of value, from my perspective. I would suggest something more like -

One Handed/One Finger Zoom:  Slide one finger along the left or right edge of the screen to zoom in and out. Slide Up to zoom In, Slide Down to zoom Out.

from: http://www.samsung.com/us/article/galaxy-note-10-1-update

I upgraded from the S2 to the S3 for this and one other feature.

I have rejected the update, which means I am annoyingly interupted no less than 50 times per day with the OTA popup reminder. Samsung tells me there is no way to disable (or put a "snooze" on the reminder) so basically Samsung is interfering with my ability to perform my job with their continual and invasive reminder.  50 times per day!!!

Journeyman

I have not received this update either.  Anyone else not seeing it?

Journeyman

They are most likely rolling the update out in phases. Head on over to XDA if you don't want to wait. Make sure and read up on any issues that people may be having. I'm a skeptic of this update.

Journeyman

I updated earlier in the day and have yet to have an issue with my N2. I use it alot with SMS and Email being primary and it seems to be just workign fine both for the built-in browser and Chrome.

Nothing to write home about other than every things is working as advertised!

Journeyman

Do you use the "One Finger Slide Zoom" feature? Is it still present.

If not, would you mind looking in the "One Handed Operation" Menu in settings and check to see if perhaps (Fingers - Crossed) just hopefully they are servicing both customers who like it and customers who don't by adding a switch to enable it?

And if not, perhaps since there is the Google version, which I've only seen in Maps, which is a "Tap, Tap, don't lift, then slide up or down to zoom in or out.

Does that do anything in the Stock Web Browser (or Dolphin where the Screen Edge Slide Zoom also works, and/or in the stock Email Client?

Can someone from Sprint or Samsung test the above, since this user like me shouldn't have to go through all this to find out what's in the update. Which, as an aside,

CAN YOU PLEASE BE COMPLETE IN TELLING US WHAT'S IN UPDATES!!! Based on my exoeriwence with now my 3rd Samsung Google phone, you list one or two items and that's it, leaving us to have to guess what else youy may have removed, added or broke..

Master

Well... every time you install new updates, you risk the chance to have issues, since you are not doing a clean install.

If you want more detailed info on what can happen and what does happen after the update, the XDA site can help you with that, but keep in mind, depending on what you have installed in your phone, and how you use it, many issues will be only on select phones, and some can see few issues to none.

Also when they enounce a new update they will need 2-3 pages to tell you what is new in any given update, and most of them you will not have any idea what it is for. They list few things that people have been complaining about.

I think you need to lower your caps and nerves and be thankful they are actually rolling updates as fast as they are doing it.

Again, this is just my opinion...

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat