cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/29- Samsung Galaxy Note II Software Update - NE2

Journeyman dw
Journeyman

Re: 5/29- Samsung Galaxy Note II Software Update - NE2

I was notified of my OTA update being available last Sunday night.  I went ahead an clicked install, etc.  Woke up a few hours later and the phone was hanging at the "Samsung" boot screen.  Pulled the battery and it did the same thing again when I powered on.  I have since reinstalled Android 4.3 so everything is back to normal but now I don't have the OTA update available anymore... so how do I update to 4.4?

Master

dw

I understand how frustrating that can be. Unfortunately, we have no way of sending a software update. The phone will alert you when the update is available again.

Kendra
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

KitKat update three days ago seems to have negatively affected a ton of things about my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

- s-l-o-w software response / lag between action & response (whether on key entry, touch, or swiping)

- battery drain like CRAZY - this is horrible. On for one hour this morning and down to 87%.

- constantly insisting on enabling location services.

- everyone on my concalls tells me the phone sound (speaker & handset) is suddenly horrible.

- poor cellular signal finding, therefore poor mobile data, therefore having to manually sync email, etc

- it broke my messaging software's ability to notify and thread MMSs

Still lets me pay my cellular bill, though! 😉

Wish I could revert.

Master

NUMBER9IN3,

Thank you for the updated information. We would love to look at your device. You can locate one of our service and repair store at www.sprint.com/storelocator. We are always here to help.

Social Care,
Lamar
Highlighted
Wizard

My update has been positive for the most part, especially the battery life. It's improved quite a bit. I'm no longer 'obligated' to recharge at lunch (it was always down to 50%).

One huge problem that has sprung up since the update. My general signal strength seems to have really dropped. That AND it will randomly just lose all 3g/4g. Those inidicators will disappear, and the call signal meter will drop to one or none bars.

Seriously, I've always had an issue with Sprint's signal....and now it's even worse!

Master

diagoro - That's not good! Can you please provide me with your two nearest cross streets and zip code, so I can check the towers in your area. Thank you for your patience and for being a loyal Sprint customer. - Latonya Sprint Social Care
Wizard

I have the issue in numerous areas. In fact, there are quite a few times when I have next to no coverage at all, while those with other cell services are easily making calls, browsing the web, etc. So while I appreciate the offer of help, I feel it's more of a continuing service wide issue with Sprint, rather than specific towers.

That said, the issue I noted never occurred before the update.

Journeyman

Same here in the greater Cleveland area. No roaming either.

Master

EDB12xu – Have alerted us of these issues before? We want to make sure your service is reliable, in order to report these problems to our technicians we will need your location as Letonya requested so we can report it to our technicians. Roxana Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Try these areas, where I've had major signal issues. Keep in mind this is a small sample.....

-  Katella & Western Avenue, Stanton, CA 90680
-  Springdale & Bolsa Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92647
-  Orangewood & N Eckhoff St, Orange, CA 92868
-  S Central Avenue & E University Drive, Carson, CA 90746

Master

diagoro,

For more information on Network Vision coverage open this link http://bit.ly/1mB0Zn7 scroll down to the right side and enter the zip code and it will provide information on the Network Vision update.

Thanks,

Pamela

Sprint Social Care Team
Wizard

Seriously, this has to make me laugh. You ask several times for the cross streets, stressing how important it is to note network issues on your end. Than you simply pass along a link for me to check myself.

And the point of the link has nothing to due with towers that are down, experiencing trouble, or temporary tech issues. It's for the general 4g rollout.

What's the point!?!?! This is inept on numerous levels!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat