Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having significant problems with Note 2?

Journeyman

Anyone else having significant problems with Note 2?

I loved my old HTC Evo, never had a problem at all. 

But my Note 2, which I've had only for about 6 months now, is having ALL SORTS of problems! 

1. It has HORRIBLE phone and internet service coverage, even though I'm in the same city/house/work that I was with my Evo.  I took it to the Sprint store and they told me to update my PRL and profile if it happens again...seems like it's a CONSTANT problem, however.  Seriously?!?  I REALLY have to keep doing this?  And it doesn't always seem to help. 
  2. In the last week I've developed the SD card problem that I've seen elsewhere online, though I haven't seen it mentioned here yet.  My SD card removed itself apparently, so I have a constant notification of it.  My phone is in a case, I haven't dropped it, I DEFINITELY didn't remove or unmount it.  I called Sprint Tech Support and they'd not heard about the problem, so they escaleted it to a supervisor who had, but still had no idea how to fix it, and suggested I take it to a Sprint store and see if they can fix it.  And of course get charged $50 for the look.

Seriously?  How is this phone being sold with so many issues?!?!? I've only had it for 6 months, it shouldn't be having so many issues.

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Anyone else having significant problems with Note 2?

scspisak,

Thanks for your Community post. I am sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your Note 2. I have the same device and I have not had any problems. You;ve advised that you are getting the same data speed that you have with your previous EVO. Keep in mind the Note 2 is a 4G LTE and the EVO is 4G Wimax. Which are two completely different services. To determine if you are in a 4G LTE area, please check for coverage via www.sprint.com/lte. I'm happy to check the performance of the network in your area. May you please provide your zip code and cross streets?

As for the SD card problem, have you recently added any new applications or updated your software?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for responding, DePaul.  Much of the time I'm on 3G and having problems...or having probelems even finding 3G service.  I rarely am on 4G in spite of Austin's coverage according to that map. 

my zipcode is 78746, cross streets are mopac expressway and barton skyway.

I have been constantly updating my software to try and fix the internet issue.  And I download new apps pretty often.  I don't think I downloaded anything new this past weekend when the SD card issue started, however.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Master

I have the phone also and have no problems with it as far as data(We don't have 4G here), But I did have the card issue a couple of months after owning it and it was the card going bad, changed the card and haven't had the issue since. I've had it since launch day and love it, best phone I've ever owned and I've had a lot of Sprint's phones.

Highlighted
Master

Just like Levi4u, I got my Note2 since day one, and I have no issues. As far as the SD card, do you have the stock one or a new one? if you have a new one is it a cheap one or a class 10 SD card? I got a class 10 32Gb the first week I had my phone and I have had no issues with the new update (time in which people seems to start having issues).

Connection is just like before, and Sprint finally updated the local map for service showing the real picture.

The only thing I have noticed recently is the battery drain faster and sometimes is not as quick on responding when loading a program. It has happened to me few times not that much, maybe to much cr ap on my phone running at the same time lol.

Over all very very satisfied, and a totally different phone to what Scspisak describes, I guess there might be a bad apple in the whole bucket...

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have definitely noticed a battery drain since the last update.  I've deleted many apps since then and haven't put any new ones on since.  The phone has been on power save mode.  Also since the update, it charges very slowly on both the car and regular charger. 

No SD card problems, but I've noticed issues with automatic brightness.  For example when AB is on, the slider on the bottom to control brightness is all the way to the right with  max brightness.  At first I thought maybe I forgot to lower it, but as soon as I change it, the slider is all the way up again.  Weird.  So I shut it off for now and keep the brightness low until I need it. 

This is a bit of a disappointment to me as I could easily get a few days without having to charge the phone, now it has to be charged daily with minimal use. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've got the stock SD card. 

Also, since the last update I'm definitely experiencing MASSIVE battery drain.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When experiencing "massive" drain it's best to sometimes save all of the data, perform a factory reset and see if it happens on "pure stock".

If it doesn't you can reinstall the apps one at a time and give it time to settle to hopefully determine what's causing it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too have massive battery drain after the update. It seems like it's constantly mounting and remounting the sd card. I did a full wipe/reset of the phone and also a reformat of the sd card. It's still doing it. Please help Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too have had massive problems with my note 2. The issue with the sd card is pretty well documented and I have spent 3 days dealing with a now totally blank 32 g sandisk sd card sold to me by sprint. If your card is mounting and unmounting it is likely just a matter off time before your stored data is history.It seems that this phone only likes Samsung cards (or so I've been told). Got one today so will see if that helps. Even more distressing, my phone now roams constantly at my home (been a sprint customer for years, haven't moved, been told that the tower VERY near me is fine and there is no logical reason for the issue) . No data service and no bars at home and crazy sporadic service every where I go. This phone has already been replaced once and the problems are worse than ever. very expensive paperweight. I had an evo prior to this and it worked great. Just wanted a bigger screen. Now I just want a phone that works.

Highlighted
Journeyman

IF sprint didn't know before, they do now. Keep calling customer service reporting sd card issue, connectivity issue. The sprint customer service folks I talked to googled the sd card issue and saw page after page of problems. I've also reported roaming and impossibly slow or non-existent data service as well as garbled phone conversations (if I have phone service at all). I was told my case was being kicked up to the "network" guys. So far I have not heard from them. I know this at this  is a phone issue and not some strange force field around me because my Verizon cellular ipad 3G works just fine from locations where I have no data service from sprint on the note 2. CALL  sprint: 1-888-211-4727. Take the time to go through the menus and talk to a live person. The person I talked to definitely took my call seriously and if enough note 2 owners report the same issues we might  get a resolution.

Highlighted
Master

44719, are you sure they are not upgrading the network around you? I'm not trying to find excuses but it sounds like that. As far as the SD card, myself, don't have any issue, but I feel your pain, and I have read many people having issues. Maybe might be a good idea to open a new thread, so they can track the number of people that will comment or visit that page.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat