cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAD NEWS galaxy note 2

Wizard

Re: GOOD NEWS galaxy note 2 comes with SIM card

yeh but knowing iFix it they will probably take a verizon or AT&T model for a breakdown. Which wouldn't give us Sprint users any insight on the matter.

TS

Master

Re: GOOD NEWS galaxy note 2 comes with SIM card

The SIM card is no where to be found, maybe underneath the plastic. I hope someone don't care about it and opens the phone up p to find out

I come here trying to help people and not because I'm employed from Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: BAD NEWS galaxy note 2

This is rediculous, why not just have the sim card slot and leave it unlocked.  Sell it as a world phone but only using Sprint International roaming.  Sorry, but I am not paying 3$/min and 1$/MB for using my phone overseas.  I will just buy a old GSM phone and use that when I travel.  Such a dumb decision on Sprint's part for their business customers.

Wizard

Dj -

Most International devices have SIM's that are embedded in them these days. Sprint does initially keep them locked at time of activation for the customers safety from unwanted International charges. A customer can unlock the SIM by contacting Sprint Worldwide @ 18882267212 Option 2 before they travel Internationally. Some troubleshooting is covered under the Sprint Worldwide Wireless Service section from the manual link you provided. Any further troubleshooting would need to be done with Sprint Worldwide.

- Kitty L.

Social Care

Master

Not quite Correct KiKi_011.

I don't think you know what embedded SIM is, because embedded or not you can get international roaming charges very easy, because that's what it is for, to let you use the GSM network. If you call Sprint international, they will give you a savings card, so you only pay $4.5/min (in my case) instead of $9.3/min for roaming internationally.

Also, other then the Iphones, all other Sprint phones are unlocked (the ones with SIM, GSM ready), you can call Sprint International and verify that, because they were the ones that told me that.

If I go overseas, which I do, If I have a regular GSM phone where I can access the SIM card I can just take that sim out and enter the Local SIM, so that way I don't use $4.5/min but $15 for the whole month including web ( just regular 3G, and in that includes 20min to talk with US too).

With SIM embedded phones, you can not take the sim out so you can not use a local sim, so you have to depend in Sprint for Calls or Web (not talking about Wifi), and even if I call sprint, they can't do anything to change the fact that the sim is embedded. And local cell phone companies can not program a SIM card without being out and if it's not their sim, even if they did, I'd have the same problem when I'll come back here, but this time to reprogram the sim for US usage.

I come here trying to help people and not because I'm employed from Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Yeah, what good is making it an international phone if your only option is to be charged hundreds of dollars to use it when you go outside the USA. I can't think of any single person that would go for that besides someone who has a very large amount of money and doesn't care.  As I said better off leaving the phone at home and buying an unlocked global phone for use when traveling. 

Journeyman

This is really bad news.. I was hoping to stay with sprint , if the note 2 had a sim card, but now it seems I'm going to have to go to T-mobile

Journeyman

Yes Kitty, as pointed out, you don't really know what you're talking about and Sprint does a poor job at educating it's customer service reps. What's worse is this is a conscious effort on Sprint's part. I can't imagine phone fraud is that big of an issue that this over reaction is necessary. Honestly, I don't know how you can call these World phones. They are more like International money draining phones where someone can spend about a third the cost of their trip on phone charges due to your roaming rates.

And if this is a reaction to combat phone fraud (buying subsidized world phones, sending them overseas and not paying the bill), you're not going to stop the people that want them. I could almost see the Photon Q because it isn't available overseas, though the Milestone 4 is a gsm phone that would work overseas, All the other phones already have international equivalents so if people want them, it's just as easy to buy the international version. So I really don't see the deterrant here. Having said that, it just seems like pure unadulterated greed on Sprint's part to milk more money out of their customers and continue the downward spiral of taking away features and perks us long term customers have been accustomed to. Funny thing is it all seemed to start with the iphone coming to Sprint.

So I can appreciate Sprint employees participating in discussions, but please refrain when you're not up on your product knowledge.

Wizard

I doubt that fraud is the main reason Sprint took this route. How about T-Mobile or AT&T?

I was in a Sprint store discussing this with a rep. His answer was clear to me: Sprint makes more money this way.

The phone is locked and useless unless you pay the expensive rate.

For years I had a spare GSM phone for travel and this is where I draw the line;

FYI: Kitty is new at this; 1 post so far

Journeyman

trust me. I'm not buying that reason either. I personally think they're just on a path to become more like Verizon. Ever since the iphone was introduced, they have not made a move that has benefitted their customers in any way. I won't even give them Network Vision. That one is just self preservation.

What's even funnier is Verizon is becoming more open thanks to FCC regs which I find amusing. It's like that episode of Seinfeld when Kramer and Jerry had a bit of a personality switch. The only difference is that was funny.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.