cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!

Journeyman

I'm right there with you all.

I was a long time hold out for the cell phone community, and have been suffering on my old HTC TP2 for the last year and a half.  My contract was up last june, and I am currently, simply waiting for the Galaxy Note to come to Sprint.  That is the phone that pretty much appears to be everything I want, and though the Upgrade cost I expect to be more than the Galaxy II S, I can accept that but I do not want to upgrade (and renew my contract) now and suddenly find the Note is brought to Sprint this summer, or in fact will never come to Sprint.  I can suffer through a few more months, but since I heard that A) the Note was being released to AT&T as an LTE, and B) Sprint is bringing on their own LTE network, it should be a simple marriage of technologies. 

Get it here, and I will finally be able to upgrade from my archaic device and stay with Sprint.  If not, I may have to bite the bullet and switch to another carrier, which I'd rather not do.

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

Wizard

Wow, you are so brave. You still have the TP2

Journeyman C4C
Journeyman

I don't know if I am brave but my TP2 has been awesome since 12/2009. I am tethering off my computer right now! When I am not at home using Charter, my TP2 provides my internet connection needs. Not only does it sync to my home computer, I can even acceess and/or run my computer using my TPS from anywhere in the country.

The only problems I have with the TP2 is that it will not run flash games on Facebook and it will no longer stream Netflix. But that is more a function of Sprint's service degredation in my area, which has slowed to under 300Kb/s on a good day which just isn't fast enough to stream.

Journeyman

Highlighted
Wizard

I doubt that signing a petition will have an effect on the decision making at Sprint.

A couple of years ago we did it for HD2 and we got the EVO 4G.

Wizard

Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!

C4C wrote:

I don't know if I am brave but my TP2 has been awesome since 12/2009. I am tethering off my computer right now! When I am not at home using Charter, my TP2 provides my internet connection needs. Not only does it sync to my home computer, I can even acceess and/or run my computer using my TPS from anywhere in the country.

The only problems I have with the TP2 is that it will not run flash games on Facebook and it will no longer stream Netflix. But that is more a function of Sprint's service degredation in my area, which has slowed to under 300Kb/s on a good day which just isn't fast enough to stream.

About TP2, a friend of mine just gave me hers and I am putting Android on in.

Journeyman

Can't hurt to sign a petition. Worst thing that happens is....nothing.

Journeyman

Why does the petition want my physical address?

Wizard

TOLOGOS wrote:

Why does the petition want my physical address?

Not sure why!

Wizard

I believe it is to prove that the petition signer is real and not a duplicate generate bot that would inflate the amount.

Now maybe its me, but if i am not mistaken, such decisions to sell a certain phone is made months in advance. So this petition in a way means nothing, since Sprint would have negotiated with Samsung on selling the device months ago. I believe it is just holding out on a certain date and getting final modifications to the design/device and FCC approval. Now if the petition is to start Sprint to negoiate with Samsung to sell the phone at some future date, then Sprint would start selling the phone probably in 6 months, giving it ample time to test it on their network, make necessary design changes and get FCC approval. By by that time Note # 2 would be in its final development stages and Sprint would be months behind the curve.

I still think Sprint got Samsung to sell them the phone and Sprint is just waiting for final testing and a date to sell it.

TS

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.