cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!

Journeyman

Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!

I have had My EVO 4G for almost 1 1/2 years now and I love my phone but it just doesn't grab me any more and the speed compared to these other new phones, just is not there. I use my phone Heavily and rely on it heavily wimax was cool for its time, but even being available for an upgrade, i am not biting. I am waiting patiently for the LTE to come online and then I will make my move. Hopefully on the journal/note or whatever sprint is going to call it. really like the sgsII but i figure if the journal/note doesn't come to sprint, hopefull the SGSIII Will!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!

That would be sweet if the Note was announced in April! Please be true! Im not too impressed with the nexus.

Wizard

Well according to this article the Galaxy Nexus is being released on April 1st so that falls in line to what I've been thinking that Sprint has to showcase a major phone at CTIA in May. If what the article states is true and the Nexus comes out in April then I believe it will be the Note that would be announced at CTIA in May and then to be released soon thereafter sometime in June/July.

TS

Journeyman

I was also told to expect something nice in April when I inquired about the Note.  I am not interested in a Nexus--not one little bit.

Journeyman

I really would like to have a Note on Sprint, but not sure I can wait much longer.  Also, I hope today's article is an exageration.  If its true then that may mean a longer delay for the Note (presumably LTE) coming to Sprint.

http://iphone5newsblog.com/2012/03/20/bad-news-for-sprints-prospect-of-a-successful-4g-lte-iphone-5-...

Bad News For Sprint’s Prospect of a Successful 4G LTE iPhone 5 Launch

Posted by Michael Nace on Tuesday Mar 20, 2012 Under iPhone 5 News

Last year, Sprint hung a great deal of hope on its upcoming 4G network and the iPhone. Now, however, analysts say that the 4G LTE iPhone 5 could potentially deep-six America’s third-largest mobile carrier.

Last year when the iPhone 4S launched, I remember tuning in to Sprint’s press conference just after the 4S launched. While Sprint CEO Dan Hesse gushed about gaining the iPhone, the press conference was much more focused on Sprint’s 2012 4G network rollout, boasting of a rash of new 4G LTE devices and a much stronger 4G network than what Sprint currently holds with its 3G network. If you look back at that article, there was a lot of excitement and hope in what 2012 would bring for Sprint.

And yet, at that time, analysts fretted over whether or not Sprint’s new 4G network could really hold up under the weight of a possible 4G LTE iPhone 5 release. We wrote an article about it, and now it appears that those fears are coming true.

According to Forbes, Sprint how has an alarming 50% chance of bankruptcy, and the prospect of handling (or mishandling) a 4G LTE iPhone 5 seems to be the driving thrust for Sprint’s possible death knell: ”We believe an LTE iPhone will likely be badly disadvantaged on Sprint’s network, potentially impairing sales … at a time when Sprint is subject to a punishing take-or-pay deal with Apple,” Forbes quoted Moffett as writing. “The problem is 4G. Sprint doesn’t have enough free-and-clear spectrum on which to launch a competitive LTE network, and it doesn’t have the money to clear spectrum that’s already in use. We expect Sprint’s competitiveness to begin to backslide when LTE becomes the nation’s de facto standard.”

This is a horrible report for Sprint, and its customers, who are excited about the iPhone 5. If Moffett’s predictions are true, one wonders if Sprint would offer the iPhone 5 without 4G connectivity — or no iPhone 5 at all? If it was determined that the iPhone 5 would hurt more than help, there’s no way that Sprint would release a product that would destroy it.

And there is reason to believe that this could be a possible scenario for Sprint and the iPhone 5. After all, where is the iPad 3? Where is the Samsung Galaxy Note? These are this year’s two premier 4G devices, and neither are available on Sprint. It’s a bad sign — an ill omen that 4G isn’t going so well at Sprint.

It’s easy to dismiss Sprint as a viable carrier for Apple products, since AT&T and Verizon garner such a large percentage of the U.S. coverage for the iPhone and iPad. But there’s more bound up in the success of Sprint than making shareholders happy; millions of Sprint customers choose the third-largest network mainly for its value pricing, and don’t necessarily want to jump ship in order to own an iPhone 5 or iPad 3. However, as popularity of the iPad 3 and excitement over the iPhone 5 continue to grow, Sprint will see major churn in its subscribership if they don’t get their 4G straight.

By Michael Nace

Journeyman

I was told to keep my eyes pealed in the next 7 - 10 days.  My contract is up and I can jump to ATT, but would like to stay put.  If the Galaxy (Note/Journal) comes I will stay.  If not,  from hense I came - I will return ...

Journeyman

I believe they are trying to entice you with the htc one-x which was announced just earlier today will be announced April 4 th. I have my eye on the note as well but I am curious about the galaxy sIII too. Guess we just need to stay tuned......

Wizard

The Galaxy S3 looks sweet. Still hoping for that Note though.

Journeyman

My contract is up in July.    I WANT the Galaxy Note....        If Sprint does not pick up this phone, I will pay more to go to ATT....    Simple as that...    

I love Sprint, but I love this phablet more..........

Journeyman

Word is that Galaxy Nexus will finally be available on 04/15, so there is that I guess.

As for the Note, I'm hoping that the ATT exclusivity is only 90 days, meaning it will open to other carriers in late May. I would hope Sprint hears us banging the drum, and sees how well the Note is being received so that they let us know (soon) that one is coming.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.