cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!

Is the Samsung Galaxy NOTE coming to Sprint? I love this phone and I would like to get it ASAP.  I currently have an EVO 4G and my contract has been available for a new upgrade since Sep of 2011.  The EVO is a great phone and was truly a ground breaking device when it was released.  I came to Sprint and replaced my ATT iPhone just to get the EVO.  It has served me well and I have been so happy with it. But I am now ready for something distinctly new and with better capabilities than my EVO.   IMHO the iPhone is just on par with my EVO and the Nexus Prime is nice since it has ics, but again not ground breaking.  The NOTE on the other hand is a ground breaking device and worth getting at any "reasonable" price.  It introduces a new device market -- ie the phone/tablet hybrid.  I am definitely in the demographic.   With this device, I would no longer required carrying both my EVO and my Samsung Tab around at the same time.   I can leave my Tab for home use and use the NOTE for everthing on the road.  The Note opens us up to a new world.   Sprint, help me to take part in it.

Yes, I know.  I could always go back to ATT and get the NOTE, but frankly, I like how Sprint has listened to customer requests, maintained unlimited data plans and significantly improved customer service over past years.  So you will have to forgive me for wanting to remain loyal to Sprint even though my "precious" is soon being offered at ATT.  I am willing to wait a couple of monthes in hopes that Sprint will get the Galaxy NOTE also.  <fingers crossed>

Sprint -- I want my NOTE !!!   pretty please with Ice Cream Sandwich on top

374 REPLIES 374
Highlighted

The htc one x looks good but after seeing the Galaxy Note's 5.3' super amoled screen at best buy and its good GPS I'll take the Samsung!

Highlighted
Journeyman

According to the link, says Sprint release date is June 30, 2012.....just in time for my contract renewal.

Just have to see how the decrese of service affects us here in OK on March 1st.

May have to wait to see when Verison gets it if we have to move off Sprint.

Hate leaving Sprint but if the service is poor in my area, I will have to switch off.

Highlighted
Journeyman

twospirits  -  Looks like March 22 will be a big day for the Galaxy Note and its carrier(s)?  - but just unsure through which carrier(s)

Angry Birds is doing a joint venture with Samsung on Mar 22 and releasing the next version of the game (Angray Birds Space) exclusively on the Galaxy Note.  So you would think this Samsung would like to have the Note available through more than just one carrier.  Maybe I am just reading too much into it, but hopefully Sprint will be making an announcement to coincide with the Angry Birds release.

Here is the info on Angry Birds Space for the Galaxy Note only

http://www.t3.com/news/angry-birds-space-launch-to-hit-samsung-galaxy-note  <-- article also has a youtube video, but I didnt know how to embed it here

xl_Rovio_AngryBirdsSpace_1.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dear Sprint we the people would like to see the Samsung galaxy note on our net work also we the people really don't care about the other phone you guys are talking about like the One X boring we want the SAMSUNG GALAXY *NOTE* / JOURNAL please and thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Wizard

@ lanenubia

Originally I thought that no Sprint announcement would be made at Mobile World Congress about any phone or device, but that was before I found out that Dan hesse was to be a keynote speaker. Still, if one looks at the facts so far presented one sees that nothing about the Galaxy Note will be mentioned by Dan at MWC.
Reason I say this is because of the following key points...
1-The key note session is titled "Driving the Mobile Technology Revolution"
This to me means that Dan will discuss Sprint's approach to innovation and importance of customer service. (See link)

2-Other key note speaker joining Dan are Warren East CEO of ARM, Kevin Johnson CEO of Juiper networks and Shi Lirong President of ZTE.
ZTE is the latest company that Sprint has embraced in selling their devices such as the ZTE Peel and now with the $100 ZTE Optik tablet.

3-With Juniper networks there too, it would seem that Dan and Kevin will be talking about how Sprint is acceleratting Network Vision and with Junipers Networks help of high speed reliable switching routers to accomplish the task at hand.

This is not to say that maybe he may say a few things about the planned devices that will utilize LTE, but from what i see, I don't think so. Hopefully I am wrong.

As for the upcoming March 22nd Angry Birds Space release exclusively on the Galaxy Note, I do believe that will be basically Europe and Asia for now as per my intepretation of the article and the insight from Simon Stanford, head of Samsung UK Telecommunication and Networks Division. Although I do believe it will eventually appear on the US carrier versions.

@ Malika631982
I disagree, sorry. The Galaxy Note is not for everyone and there are quite a few devices other than it that folks would really like or wish for the Now network to have. 

@ LNURSE72
That date falls in line with the timeframe that Sprint deploys new phones.
If you look at the yearly comparisons section of the spreadsheet (http://bit.ly/SprintReleases) I compiled, you clearly see a pattern of the months with the most released dates.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I already know that that other loyal customers want to see different devices on our net work I would be stupid not to think so but I'm just trying to help the people out who wants the Note/Journal like myself that's all my friend

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree I think we should get that phone and should get the galaxy nexus as well

Highlighted
Wizard

TerrellC2127 wrote:

I agree I think we should get that phone and should get the galaxy nexus as well

The Galaxy Nexus with Sprint LTE is a done deal.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/lte/index.html?ECID=vanity:lte

Adding Galaxy Note to it will be sweet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The deal is done when you have the phones in hand and not just a promise, give us a date, and the note as well!

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://www.phonedog.com/2012/03/02/what-about-the-galaxy-note-makes-it-so-desirable/

Looks like everyone else gets the value on the Samsung Galaxy Note, when does it come to Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes I also am WAITING..... When sprint when

Highlighted
Wizard

Awesome article.

TS

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat