cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!

374 REPLIES
Journeyman C4C
Journeyman

Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!

I did the same thing Harley, I got a sweet Verizon corporate discount through Raytheon and ended up with a 16gb plan (of which I share 6gb) of super-fast LTE in Greenville, SC. My old, but awesome, Pro Pack plan and super slow Sprint service, was costing me $90 a month, but I couldn't get any phone better than an HTC TP2.

I tether my computers and laptops constantly and regularly see Verizon speeds of 7mb/sec compared to Sprint's 350kb/sec.

After 12 years with Sprint, I never thought I could find a way to afford to leave my old Sprint plan, but with all the discounts I get from Verizon, I went from crawlin' to smokin' for the same $90/month.

I would say good luck to my local fellow Sprinters, but no amount of luck is bringing Sprint LTE to Greenville SC, we aren't even on the list.

Goodbye Sprint, and good luck with Softbank and Clearwire, you are going to need it.

Journeyman

Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!

Well, Sprint did deliver on the Galaxy Note 2.  Unfortunately they did not deliver on 4g lte anywhere around the Western United States.    I cut ties last weekend and went with Verizon 4g LTE and the note.   With my shared plan my GF and I get unlimited voice and text, and share 8gb of data (10mb downloads and over 3mb uploads with 92ms latency), and I havent even dropped to 3g once yet.   I'm paying less than $75.00 each for two of us.   Sprint would have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to get me back now.   

Good luck to those who stayed.  

Journeyman

Well, Sprint did deliver on the Galaxy Note 2.  Unfortunately they did not deliver on 4g lte anywhere around the Western United States.    I cut ties last weekend and went with Verizon 4g LTE and the note.   With my shared plan my GF and I get unlimited voice and text, and share 8gb of data (10mb downloads and over 3mb uploads with 92ms latency), and I havent even dropped to 3g once yet.   I'm paying less than $75.00 each for two of us.   Sprint would have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to get me back now.   

Good luck to those who stayed.  

Journeyman GN2
Journeyman

Journeyman BOP
Journeyman

I regularly obtain 6MBps to 10 MBps on Wimax in the suburbs.

Much better than the Sprint 4G LTE in my area which is Zero.

Journeyman

What facts? The report by sasha (and I like his write-ups) can't be compared to what it is now to say the least. He tested it in Altanta which at the time was just 50% complete in June. Comparing then to now, the system has been tweaked. The results shown on s4gru by actual users of Sprint LTE devices in the markets that have LTE show very impressive speeds, much better than the report that Sasha did.

Verizon may say they have the highest speeds, btut t comment in his article states it best...

Sprint execs have said they're aware of this, and that the carrier is going to be focusing on providing a great average experience in loaded conditions rather than very high peak speeds. I've been hearing this from several wireless carriers recently: It's better to have a high floor than a high ceiling. Users notice when connections drop down to 1Mbps much more than they notice the difference between 8 and 15Mbps.
I can show you my 4g speedtests for some time back.   Until the past few months (for 18+ months) my best speed was below 3mbps.  There is a very small area where I get 4g.  The rest of the time I get 3g which has been  .14mbps, .16mbps, .09mbps.   Pings on 3g range from 330 - 883.   Pings on 4g range 140's to high 200's..  My very best 4g was 5.84, and that was a one time occurrance.

Journeyman

Sprint just increased it's ownership in CLEARWIRE to a controlling one, which may support the rumors that Sprint will be taking their sweet time rolling out 4g LTE into markets where they already have a Clearwire 4g presence.      Clearwire (at least in my state) is not in a position to properly support their 4g, let alone upgrade to 4g LTE.   

Wizard

What facts? The report by sasha (and I like his write-ups) can't be compared to what it is now to say the least. He tested it in Altanta which at the time was just 50% complete in June. Comparing then to now, the system has been tweaked. The results shown on s4gru by actual users of Sprint LTE devices in the markets that have LTE show very impressive speeds, much better than the report that Sasha did.

Verizon may say they have the highest speeds, btut t comment in his article states it best...

Sprint execs have said they're aware of this, and that the carrier is going to be focusing on providing a great average experience in loaded conditions rather than very high peak speeds.  I've been hearing this from several wireless carriers recently: It's better to have a high floor than a high ceiling. Users notice when connections drop down to 1Mbps much more than they notice the difference between 8 and 15Mbps.

TS

Journeyman

Have you looked here..    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2405675,00.asp

and here...    http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/infographic

Hard to ignore these facts..When and if Sprint gets there things may change.  I have already put up with substandard 4g for a long time due to over selling of CLEAR 4g towers.   Only the past 6 months of my 2yr contract have I had decent coverage.   I made multiple calls to Sprint, and they would feed me BS saying that there weren't any issues, yet I would go to my local Sprint store and they would admit that the 4g was overloaded and that new towers were coming.   No more smoke will be blown up my @#$.    

Once the NOTE 2 hits my local best buy, I will spend some time using an ATT model and a Verizon model, run speedtest, and run them through things I use.   One of them is my new provider.....  

Journeyman

I was ready to leave when I found S4gru.com it sounds like by the end of 2013 sprint will catch up to Verizon with a fully deployed  1900mhz lte. After that they will start deploying 800mhz lte. Which will give them more spectrum than anyone else(better speeds and coverage.) I'm staying so I can have grandfathered unlimited data.

Just something to think about.