Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Ringtones and Connections Optimizer

Journeyman

Default Ringtones and Connections Optimizer

I'm posting this afternoon in hopes of determining if my handset is problematic or if the current software for the Note 2 is buggy.  I'm running a stock never-rooted Note 2 on Android 4.1.1, build JRO03C.L900VPALJC.

I'm seeing 2 intermittent issues that I had hoped I could tie to a specific action (e.g., reboot), but after several hours of testing over a couple days, they seem to pretty random:

1. Connections Optimizer keeps turning itself on.  This is problematic at work where I'm only allowed to authenticate a single concurrent device to our WiFi network; my Note 2 keeps kicking my laptop off the network.
  2. My text ringtone keeps reverting to the default whistle.

Are others seeing these issues, or is it just me?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Default Ringtones and Connections Optimizer

Don't know if you have already found a solution to your problem, but I'm not seeing the same issues on my Note2.

As far as your laptop issue, it might be the network that once you sign in with your note2, it does drop off your laptop (single login/ account holder). Even though only if it is such a high security network, it shouldn't do that.

For your txt tone, are you using a downloaded program for the ringtones or the stock one? I do change my ring tone often, but I have never seen that happening to my phone, keep in mind, if you install another txt program, that might revert everything to the original ringer.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Wizard

Saw the text ringer revert after each reboot on the S3 initially until I think a firmware update fixed that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am not able to change the notification sound for when I get email either...it says in the settings I have chosen what I want but that is NOT what plays when a new email arrives..anyone seeing this or have a solution?

We now have 4g Lte in zip 32828

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat