cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences in the Sprint Variant of the Note II

Highlighted
Journeyman

Differences in the Sprint Variant of the Note II

I realized that the Sprint variant is different than the T-Mobile or international variant of the phone.

On those variants, there are scrollable buttons at the top of the notification screen (I think there is a total of 10 buttons).  They aren't scrollable on Sprint's (you're limited to the five that you see).

Also, you can't silence the camera sound on Sprint's variant, but you can on other variants.

Has anyone else discovered any other differences?

21 REPLIES 21
Journeyman

Re: Differences in the Sprint Variant of the Note II

-Embedded SIM (even though this may be the case with the Verizon variant)

-No wireless charging.

Journeyman

I don't understand why they don't allow you to silence the cameras on the Samsung phones. I understand why you can't over in Asia.. but it makes no sense that Sprint would decide to do the same.

Journeyman

"I don't understand why they don't allow you to silence the cameras on the Samsung phones. I understand why you can't over in Asia.. but it makes no sense that Sprint would decide to do the same."

well, not a lot of what SPRINT decides to do lately(like, the past 4 years) make much sense.....

Master

Sprint has a policy in place with the manufactures to keep the shutter sound active.  This in place for privacy reasons so that it will be noticeable to people being photographed willing or unwilling.    

Journeyman

I understand that KNIGHT, but not all of us are perverts. I like to tak pics of my toddler without him knowing, or it may mess up the shot.

It seems like we all pay for the deplorable actions of a few.

It's not a dealbreaker of course, but it's irritating nonetheless.

Journeyman

On those variants, there are scrollable buttons at the top of the notification screen (I think there is a total of 10 buttons).  They aren't scrollable on Sprint's (you're limited to the five that you see).

I find these very annoying.  I also cannot find the "Power Saving" widget referenced in the Sprint user guide (and was available on my Epic 4G Touch).

Journeyman

If this is true regarding Sprint's policy with manufacturers to keep the shutter sound active... it is still ridiculous that they made the agreement. None of the other carriers that carry Samsung phones made that agreement and all of them are able to silence the shutter. Bad call on Sprint, regardless.

Journeyman

I thought I saw a video about apps scrollong on the side of screen

by pressing and holding the BACk BUTTON??

Anyone know what I am refering to?

Master

Actually it is the Home button, if you press and hold it, it will show you the recently opened apps.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply!   But no....I know aboutj t that feature!!

This is the BACK BUTTON and shows a scrolling list of installed apps.

Believe it is considered a multi tasking feature!?

Thanks

Master

I saw that too, on the Galaxy Note 2 commercial on youtube, and that was the shortcut for multiwindow feature, unfortunately not supported in our phones

hopefully soon enough we will be able... damn, can't believe we are still hoping and praying for something that should've already come with our phones...

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat