Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing notification sounds

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Disappearing notification sounds

My Galaxy Note II will lose notification sounds.  I rebooted, shutdown, removed the battery and even did a factory reset but the sounds still go to silent.  The sounds for gmail, sms, email, facebook and twitter will go to silent by themselves.  I put the notification sounds back in and they may last 5 minutes or 5 hours but at some point they all go to silent.  When I try to put the gmail sound back in I get an error and the phone asks if I want to report it or not.  I go to settings>sounds, and toggle 'sounds and vibration' and then gmail allows me to select a notification sound. Is anyone else having this issue and if so did you find a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Papabert,

I am not necessarily familiar with Zedge however, I would suggest trying to use stock sounds and see if that eliminates the problem. Please feel free to try that as a solution, and keep me posted on the outcome. 

Thanks for your time.

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Hi papabert,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the sounds on your Galaxy Note II. I understand that you set the tone for notifications and somehow they are going back to silent.  When you press the "Volume Button" on the left side of the device, is your volume there turned up? Also, when you press that same button you get an option to the right, which look like a wheel, that gives you options to modify the volume for Ringtones, Media, Notifications, and System, do you have the volume there turned up also? In the event that you have the volume turned up, and an specific notification sounds set for your E-mails, Facebook, and ETC, and you are still having the issues where the volume is going silent, I suggest taking the device into a Sprint S&R center so that a technician may triage the device. To locate the nearest store, please visit, www.sprint.com/storelocator .

Thanks for your Community post.

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I press the volume button it has no effect.  Gmail gets set to silent notification and the other notifications have nothing selected as the sound. I have to go into each app and select a notification sound. What I am trying now is only using stock sounds.  I have been using Zedge for sounds, maybe it is not compatable with this phone?

Highlighted
Wizard

Papabert,

I am not necessarily familiar with Zedge however, I would suggest trying to use stock sounds and see if that eliminates the problem. Please feel free to try that as a solution, and keep me posted on the outcome. 

Thanks for your time.

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been using Zedge for a couple of years with no problems but it appears the sounds I downloaded from Zedge were the problem.  I deleted all the Zedge sounds and selected new notification sounds and my phone was good all day.  My sounds had disappeared 3 times prior to removing the Zedge sounds. I am hopefully optimistic that my problem is solved.

Highlighted
Wizard

Hi papbert,

Thank you so much for responding and keeping me posted on the outcome of this issues. I'm glad that we were able to determine the issues was most likely caused by the sounds that were downloaded from Zedge.  If any other problems arise, feel free to reach out to us via the Community form.

Happy Holidays,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat