cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email sign-in failed problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

Email sign-in failed problems

Is there anyone else out there that keeps getting sign-in failed noticiations.  I am constantly getting them and don't know what to do to correct them.  I have cleared my cache in the email and google settings.  I have restarted my phone, turned it off, everything I can think of.  What am I missing????

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Email sign-in failed problems

abWHITACKER06,

Is this your Gmail account or is it another provider like Yahoo (from your message, it sounds like Gmail)?  Is this the primary account you use for Google play, etc?

I ran into a similar problem on my Note 2 a few months ago when I added the 'extra security' feature to one of my Gmail accounts.  I don't know if this is the case, but it was for me.  If you recall, the extra security feature requires you to input a numeric code sent by sms from Google every time you sign in with an unfamiliar device.  For me, I had to disable that feature on my Gmail account before I could get it to work again.  Do you have this feature enabled, by any chance?

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

My problem is actually with Yahoo. I know I can download the yahoo app but why have a email service through the phone if it doesnt work?

Highlighted
Community Manager

I see your point, I prefer to use the native email feature in the phone itself as well.  What kind of phone is this and when did the problem start?

Thanks,

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

SeaWolf
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is the Samsung Note 2.  Its been happening for a while now but just in the last week it has been happening more frequently.  If i clear out the notificaiton it pops back up instantly.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Please forgive me, just have to ask: you haven't changed your yahoo password?  (I have the Note 2 as well, LOVE it!)

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

SeaWolf

Highlighted
Journeyman

No I have not.  That is why I don't understand why it would fail.  It is failing on all 4 of my Yahoo accounts.  Haven't changed a thing on any of them.

Highlighted
Community Manager

We might try removing one of the yahoo accounts, restarting the phone and then adding it back in. I've been doing some research and for various users affected, doing this worked.  Maybe give it a shot and let me know? 

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

SeaWolf

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am still getting sign in failed for my other emails. I guess if i delete all of them and then add them back it might work.  But will i have to do this everytime this happens?

Highlighted
Community Manager

I wanted you to try it with just the one account first to see if it resolved for that account.  That way, if it didn't fix it, you wouldn't be stuck with the bother of setting up the emails over again for nothing.

I don't see where the issue recurred after the account was removed.  Hopefully, removing each and adding them each back in just the one time will fix it forever.  If not, though, let me know.  At that point, I should submit a note to our developers.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

SeaWolf

Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont know what is going on.  I just deleted another email and when I added it back I noticed that I do not have all my folders associated with that account or the other one I deleted before.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just ended up deleting all the accounts and adding them back.  Hopefully that works because it will be a pain if that's the only way to fix this problem.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat