cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note-2: Does a "Price Drop Notification Service" Exist?

Journeyman

Galaxy Note-2: Does a "Price Drop Notification Service" Exist?

Thought I was being a smart consumer by paying "only"  $150 two weeks ago for a Galaxy S3.   Go into Best Buy yesterday for something else and see the GS3 priced at $48.00!   My son said, "Gee Dad, you could have waited a few days and saved $100!" 

I'm in the market for a Galaxy Note-2, to replace my aging Samsung Epic-4g.  However, I don't want to pay $299 now and find it for $199 (or less!) due to some Christmas special at Sprint, or some other store.  Question: Is there a service (free or paid) that consumers can subscribe to where we enter the product we're looking for, and when it goes on sale at some major retail or online vendor, we receive an e-mail or text notification? 

Anyone have an idea if a valuable service like this exists?  I've searched the internet, but only come up with specific store sites that will alert you if an item goes on sale.  Subscribing to lots of stores and getting hundreds of advertisements is not appealing at all! 

I'm sure the SPRINT Samsung Note-2 will be discounted by someone between now and Christmas...  The only question is WHO and WHEN.  Thanks in advance for any guidance with locating a product notification service.

-Allen in Chicagoland

9 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Note-2: Does a "Price Drop Notification Service" Exist?

Not really sure about that notification alert, never heard of something like that, but amazon has the note 2 for $199 right now (backordered ofcourse) so I'm sure by next month we can see a small price drop

Journeyman

I never did find a reliable un-biased notification service, but I signed up for one that Amazon has.   It appears that the Note-II is now on sale for an astoundingly low $174.99.  Unfortunately it's an AT&T offer.

Hopefully, SPRINT will step up to the table with a similar offer through various retailers. 

Journeyman

Walmart has the phone on sale kinda. you pay $299.99 but they give you a rebate of $100 on a Walmart gift card, that you can only buy items online. But the deal isn't that bad.  so you would be saving $100 but the only probably I don't like about the deal I wish you could put the $100 towards your phone during checkout. but you can't. But still you would be saving money, maybe you could buy your wife or kids something online from walmart for christmas with the other $100. I hope that help May God bless you and Happy Hoildays. :-) SN:  This deal is on wirelesswalmart.com only not instore     

Journeyman

Amazon wireless has the Note 2 for $149.99 for NEW customers only still $279.00 for upgrade customers. Looks like if your contract is up order as a new customer and then cancel your old account when the new phone arrives. Only a real problem if you are in love with your current phone number. Although I should note that the phone is currently backordered so you should have 2-4 weeks to let your address book know you will be switching numbers.

Journeyman

REGIONALAGENT, you cannot just sign up for a new account. They use your Social Security number.

Journeyman

Unless something has drastically changed in the last 4 years they use your social security number for the credit/ risk management check portion of the application and some verification pieces for the account and nothing says that you are unable to have multiple separate accounts under a single SSN. Six- four  years ago I had two separate accounts under my SSN both were billed separately and had separate account numbers.  Granted this was with t-mobile prior to switching to Sprint four years ago or so.

Wizard

They can add a new line to your account.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Amazon currently has the note 2 for $199.00 for renewal/additional line or $99 for new customers. Phone is backordered so shipping will be after the first of the year.

Journeyman

<<Amazon currently has the note 2 for $199.00 for renewal/additional line or $99 for new customers. >>

Of course they do! I was joking with my wife all week that the price will never drop anywhere until after I order it.

I went through Wirefly with Ebates.  Phone was $279, then $20 off with coupon code TB20 (didn't see when it expires) and then another $12.50 cash back from Ebates (and I think it's $35 cash back for new customers and $15 back for adding a line).  Free shipping, I ordered Saturday and it'll be here tomorrow.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.