cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note II 4.3 update issue

Journeyman

Galaxy Note II 4.3 update issue

Since getting the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update over 1 week ago, my battery life on my Note II is less than acceptable. My battery does not even last half way through my shift at work without charging. Prior to the update, it easily lasts until work was done.

More noticeable and annoying is the loss of data connection. At home, prior to the update, my Note II would stay connected to my WiFi. Now it changes between 3G and WiFi and doesn't maintain a constant data connection. When it does connect to my home WiFi, it will connect, at different times, to the primary WiFi account or the guest WiFi account.

This really isn't the functioning phone that I had when I purchased it.

When will an update for the update be available?

27 REPLIES 27
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Note II 4.3 update issue

I would like to know the answer to this as well.  I having the exact same issues.

Journeyman

Same here!  I charged my phone all night, and it only had 60-something percent battery when I woke up.  2 hours at work, and I had to put it on the charger.  I am SO over this issue!  I'm sure someone out there in the Jelly Bean world has heard about this and is doing something (assuming here).  It would be great to hear something so we know that we're not just to be left hanging.  An ETA or something would be comforting at least. 

Master

Stinawants,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with the new update. Please clear the data cache for your device. The proceed to update your data profile. Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care

Master

ZZTopFan1968,

Thanks for posting. I apologize the 4.3 upgrade has not optimized your device. I understand you're inquiring when an update for the update will be released, and there hasn't been an announcement regarding such at this time. Please stay tuned to www.sprint.com/newsroom for updates. In the event this upgrade is causing your device to be unusable, feel free to visit a nearby S&R center for additional assistance.

Thank You,

DePaul W.
Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Omg, I too am having these issues since the update! I'm pulling my hair out here in frustration!! I use my note 2 all day long and rarely get on my computer anymore, but this Wi-Fi issue is making my phone useless! I no longer get a connection in my home, and rarely get anything while I'm out and about. Grrrr! I also went from changing my battery out once a day, to now 3x a day! Granted I'm on it literally 18 hours a day, but even with using an app killer, etc.. it's still draining fast! Ridiculous! All other issues are bothersome too, but in a minor way compared to no internet and the battery drainage. I just want my phone back. =(

PLEASE GET US AN UPDATE FIX ASAP??

Journeyman

My battery was discharging faster than usual. After fooling around with turning off different apps and services I think I found somewhat of an answer. It comes down to 1 or 2 option in settings for my phone anyway. It's either turn off connection optimizer or make sure you're mobile networks option is set to automatic. I did both and my battery life has returned to normal.

Master

Dear Rasnu,

Thank you for sharing your success with us. Would you mind sharing what settings you changed on your Note 2 so that others can benefit. 

Thank you,

Annmarie
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I am having the same problem....battery run fast...

Journeyman

Do you have  a check mark on your mobile network?

Journeyman

I changed network mode to automatic and unchecked connection optimizer

Journeyman

I have more than just wifi issues, the browsers shuts down, wiggets don't Work, the phone takes forever to load apps and the multi screen stoped working. How the f do you take off this update. I want to downdate. Lol. I want to break this phone but then I know that's only giving sprint more money so I won't. Forget unlimited data give me unlimited problem free phones. This is what we get for a $700 phone while cell phone service providers laugh all the way to the bank. Fix the issue now or its back to using a landline and canceling all 5 lines for me.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat