cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note/ Journal

Journeyman

Galaxy Note/ Journal

Okay so what we have here is an issue where Sprint is not listening to their customers, and we the Users AKA the people who keep Sprint employees "employed" are getting left out to dry. Here we have the Galaxy Nexus which we are receiving incredibly late, and Sprint wants to boost it up like its some big deal when the phone has been out for months. Looking at the Galaxy Note/ Journal we have the same thing reaccuring. People over at AT&T have been enjoying this phone for a couple month and have 5million sold. Now lets rewind here we have people who jumped ship for the Nexus at Verizon and the beginning of people jumping ship for the Note to AT&T, and we wonder why Sprint is having money issues??? Now here we are now a few weeks away from the announcement of a NEW phone, but when do you think WE'LL get it? Maybe the end of the year/ beginning of next. Okay so we have a NOT so exclusive Evo coming out. What happened to Sprint being the NOW network. Its become the Maybe LATER Network. Whats wrong with giving the customers a Solid date on phone. I think as loyal customers you should keep us in consideration. Now with ALL of that said when are WE going to get OUR Galaxy Note. Its bad when you call YOUR customer service and you have them excited about a phone on AT&T Hoping that it will come to the Sprint network.... SMH get your act together

174 REPLIES 174
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal

Electrezz,

We certainly hear your concerns. I have read several post with customers requesting the Galaxy Note.  We have officially announced the release of the Galaxy Nexus to be April 22. I will include a link to that blog. I will address the Galaxy Nexus as a hot topic among our admins.

Galaxy Nexus Blog:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2012/04/16/galaxy-nexus-by-...

Journeyman

Do you see what I mean??? We have here a HUGE Miscommunication problem. I think everyone here knows Galaxy Nexus is coming out on the 22nd of April 2012 to be exact, but thats not what we're discussing. We want information on the Galaxy NOTE/ JOURNAL/ THE BIG 5.3 INCH SCREEN PHONE (in case none of those are the names for the Sprint branded phone).  What can you tell us about that phone NOT the nexus????

Wizard

Electrezz,

I appoligize my last post did not address all your concerns.  I just finished reporting the overwheleming demand for the Galaxy Note with our site admins right after my last post. At this time there hasn't been any information about Sprint getting the Galaxy Note. The Sprint.com community is the most up to date information on all things related to Sprint. As soon as we get any information about this device it will be posted here in the community. We do appreciate you taking the time to voice your opinion, I assure you we definitly listen and do everything we can to oblige your request.

-Lindsay

Journeyman

My contract expires in a couple of months, and after reading this, Im going over to att just because of the Galaxy Note. As mention by Electrazz, Im not waiting around for a few weeks for the announcement of a new phone and wait another 6 months for the phone to actually come out. I really like Sprint but this is pretty disappointing. Good products sell but Sprint doesn't have that good product that me and the rest of the Sprint customers want.

Journeyman

The note is out being field tested. It will come but it might be too late. I just hope Sprint learned their lesson with so many demanding the note and jumps on the note 2. Samsung has those 2 new chips that are supposed to be lte compatible and will be beasts. This board will never give you the answers you want. You have to find them yourself or know someone. Sprint skip tge note and get the note 2 as soon as it comes out.

Journeyman

I totally agree that they I am sure they know if they are getting the Note, but don't want to say anything about it. As many phones that they have sold,  you figure they would be doing everything they can to reassure us subcribers that we would be getting the Note. I have been with sprint, or should I say nextel before they joined back in 1999 and this is probably the most disappointing time I have been with them because it is a product that is better than any other one out there and they know people are going to want it. I have been loyal for all those years, but I guess that doesn't really count for anything.    

The thing is that we have 4 phones on our plan, all android phones , so they are getting a pretty penny from us every month for our service.

Message was edited by: MBIVINS68

Journeyman

Yes, lately it seems that we have been getting the leftovers after they've sat in the refrigerator for month on end and have began to grow mold on it. In other words we're not the first in anything anymore. Sprint even has a sad assortment of Windows Phones which I didn't even bring up earlier. yes I appreciate the unlimited data but give me at least a phone worth another 2 year contract, and that'll be comfortable carrying 2 years.

Journeyman

There have been numerous threads about the Note, but this seems to be the first one which someone from Sprint has responded to. So here's my 2 cents: I understand that AT&T likely has an exclusive deal on this phone. That usually lasts 90 days, which means Sprint can't sell it until late May. IMO, too long for a phone that has been on the international market since last October, coupled with the rumor that the Note 2 is set to be announced/released in December really puts Sprint behind the game. But I could care less about quad-core whatever, I'd be happy with just getting the original Note, and if it had LTE, I'd be ecstatic. The Galaxy S3 is set to be announced May 3, which is the only other phone that intrigues me. Been there done that with Windows Mobile & HTC, was not impressed, and putting all your eggs in the iPhone basket was shortsighted, to say nothing of WiMax. Go all in on Samsung, they've clearly been  putting out the best Android phones for 2 years running. So I'll give Sprint until June to announce either that or the Note or I'm jumping ship. But I'll be cautiously optimistic until June. /end rant.

Journeyman

I can sense that you're being optimistic, and thats very good. I too would be ecstatic if they announced it even if the phone was in "June" although I prefer a sooner date. I'm just saying ANNOUNCE IT, Sprint knows whether or not they're going to get the phone or if they aren't. Its kind of annoying talking to noninformed representatives, who have not the foggiest clue. Its simple really you're either going to get the phone or you're not. I'm just saying let us know "something" is it on the way at least???

Journeyman

5 months is an eternity in the electronics industry, and that's exactly how long it will take for the Galaxy Nexus to hit on Sprint.  Now, same thing with the Note.  If Sprint can't be the front runner or at least have releases at the same time as it's competitors then people are just going to continue to defect from Sprint.  They've gotta know this right?  I mean...it's a cell phone company...and it's a "what have you done for me lately" world we live in...and Sprint appears to be left in the dust.  First with LTE service, and now with phone releases (where the first one obviously has led to the second)...it's not good guys.  I realize we don't have LTE yet for these phones, but waiting until it's available shouldn't have stalled a phones release, they didn't let it stop the EVO/Wiimax craze.  Sprint needs to be working every single employee not in a Sprint store overtime to get this network up to speed and LTE spread out as fast as possible, only then will their stock improve both literally and figuratively. 

Journeyman

I agree, 5 months is a long time to wait, most people would have left for other carrier especially if they are out of contract. I downgraded my two lines for non smartphones last month but if the Galaxy Note/Journal would show up, I would be in the Sprint store in a moments notice and since I'm not available for upgrade till early Feb., I have saved up enough to purchase it at face value. Although Now Vision LTE won't be showing up in Hawaii anytime soon, I would be ok just using 3G, 4G LTE would be available to me when I travel to Dallas.

In order for Sprint to retain loyal customers, they have to give a little glimps of what's ahead.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat