cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note/ Journal

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal

The last 2 Best Buy stores I've walked into have the Note front and center on display.  It's no contest compared to other phones, the one in my town has 5 of the suckers all lined up in the front for people to play with.  It's striking, it beckons to consumers that walk in front of it...and it's all AT&T...  That said I'm not fooled, I've been with all 3 carriers and the grass isn't actually greener...  I never encourage jumping carriers, unless you have bottomless pockets of course.

Journeyman

Yes , I've worked for AT&Ts Customer Service and their Prices are outrageous and they don't have unlimited data unless they're grandfathered in. But like ecbarroga said earlier they should give gimpse of whats to come that way we Sprint customers have something to look forward to. I've been out of contract since last November and trust and believe I could have been jumped ship, but I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that my phone is just around the corner. But let them wait to long and a good deal is found somewhere else I'll go swimming.

Journeyman

I have been waiting too.  Mainly because of the unlimited data.  but my patience wearing thin.  I am going to give sprint til the summer.  If we dont get the Note.  I will be moving on.  I have been with sprint 8 yrs. I stuck with them through the 2007 Iphone craze.  I can't do it any more.  We get a good phone once every 4 yrs.  I dont want the nexus. I dont want the new evo.  I want the note.

Journeyman

This Galaxy Note/Journal is having a very lively discussion and am hoping someone of authority from sprint would be monitoring this forum. I too is not considering jumping ship from Sprint, I have 8 more months on contract, but like I mentioned earlier, if the Note should show up before then, I'd be ready to pounced on it. Not interested in the EVO 4G LTE, Viper or the Nexus, want only the Note. 3G connections is fine for me. I don't want unlimited from Boost or Virgin mobile, although both uses sprint towers. We have one other option of unlimited 3G here in Hawaii, it's called Mobi PCS. I'm not considering them either. Common sprint, mentioned before that up to 15 devices are coming in 2012, where's your roadmap.

Journeyman

My contract is up with Sprint.  I bought into the EVO 4G craze and never received the 4G service it promised.  I jumped from ATT to Sprint for this device.  Since then I have purchased an additional EVO 4G and another smart phone for a total of three smartphones on my plan.

Sprint never delivered what it promised with the EVO.

Now, along comes a phone that really looks good and it goes to ATT.  I have been trying to get information on the Galaxy Note since March.  I cannot get anyone to give me a glimmer of hope on getting this device.  My EVO is at end of life and has been failing for the past two months.  If someone can give me some hope I would consider staying with Sprint; but no one will say anything.

I am not interested in any other device other than the Galaxy Note.  If I don't hear something soon ...  off I go back to ATT.

Anyone out there listening???????????

Journeyman

Theres no telling if we'll ever get the Galaxy Note. I've contacted Sprint and their upper staff as well Samsung. Neither have offered any glimpse of anything to come but hopefully if what I think is happening happens It'll be announced shortly after the Galaxy Nexus & LG Viper is launched. However if I don't hear anything by the end of May I don't believe it would be worth hanging around Sprint because it'll just be more of the same.

Journeyman

OK, here's my take on it. I went on Sprint website and posed as a prospective individual customer. I pick 450 minutes, Samsung Epic 4G Touch as the device. After adding to cart, there on the bottom, it says good only till May 17 or while the supplies last. Wonder what it could be. No telling like Electrezz said. If the Samsung Note don't show up with Sprint come Feb. 2013, I too will have to look at other options. Mobi PCS in Hawaii will be looking good then. They would flash my 2 EVO 4G for a small fee. Sprint at that time won't have 4G LTE roll out in Hawaii, hopefully Sprint has something under wraps.

Journeyman

I cannot wait until Febuary.  My EVO is on the way out.  Will not hold battery charge for 1 day drive.  Really $%^ poor of Sprint not to respond the ever increasing demand for this device on their network.

Journeyman

I notice ya'll switched this image

http://www.gforgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/sprint-galaxy-note.jpg

With this one.....

http://sprint.com/global/images/homepage/mobile_control_380x200_ad_banner.jpg

Why is that?

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's rough Gallifrey (love your name btw), I was an early EVO adapter, and I could go get a new phone now, but I'm waiting to check reviews and real world usage of some of these LTE phones heading our way.  Maybe look at the bright side, you'll have a REAL good idea by the time you're due for an upgrade how Sprint's service is and how there phones stack up.

Elecrezz...that's not a good sign at all regarding the Note/Journal... If it ends up at Verizon (which by all accounts will) there are going to be some pretty peeved Sprint customers.

Journeyman

Yeah I know right, Not to mention the phone doesn't have the Sprint logo on it. which majority of the Samsung phones do right at the top......

Journeyman

Maybe they'll suprise us...it's taken forever to get the Galaxy Nexus onto Sprint, but the EVO 4G LTE snuck up on us pretty quick...never know I guess.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat