cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Wallet NOT supported???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Wallet NOT supported???

I have used Google wallet on my g3, but when I tried to install it on the Note 2 it says that Google Wallet is not yet supported on my device or network yet. Does anyone have an idea why it is not? NFC is one of the main draws on this device

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Wizard

Same on the T-Mobile version.

I called tmo cs to discuss it and the rep acted like it's was an user error.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well any customer service reps are going to have been trained just a generic way to walk you through fixing general problems. as far as google wallet, i am pretty frustrated about that. the s3 supports it you would think it wouldnt be that big of a deal to make it work on its big brother. i wouldnt say its a sprint issue since they already support it for devices, while verizon, at&t, and tmobile are blocking it and trying to push "isis" . i contacted samsung as well, and they had no clue . so hopefully it works soon................waiting game for now, just like anything else in the mobile device world.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So wait, NFC is not working?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought they did away with goggle wallet ....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I saw a YouTube video today from the Google Developer channel and the Google representatives seemed to indicate that support for the Sprint Note 2 was coming soon. One of them said something like they weren't at liberty to discuss things that hadn't yet been announced but that "he hadn't checked the eligible devices" section on the official Google Wallet page...and that the Sprint Note 2 may already be listed (which it is not...not yet). Both of them were quick to say that Sprint is a partner and they eluded to the idea that GW would indeed be supported on the Sprint Note 2. I believe the video was dated 11/15/12 so hopefully we'll see an update REALLY soon!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is developing its own wallet application:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/12/sprint-touch-wallet-leak/

That's why they blocked Google wallet on the Note2.

I bet they are going to start charging for that option.

Highlighted
Wizard

If Google Wallet is being blocked on the Note II and its variants, it's block by all domestic carriers, not just Sprint. Personally, I doubt the US wireless industry would conspire against Google that way, since the US wireless industry can hardly agree on anything. Regardless, the reality is that Google Wallet isn't available from any domestic carrier on the Note II. There are work-arounds out there. If you do a little Google research, you'll find them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't understand why it wouldn't work on the Note 2. It works on my wife's S3, my parents also have Sprint and they have the Nexus and it also works on that. And its not blocked in the play store. I can download it just like any other app. It doesn't tell me its "not supported" until I actually start the app. Pretty frustrating.

Highlighted
Master

If all the carriers ate blocking it because they have their own software, that is so against the spirit of Android (open market). I think Google should speak up for this. That's why I love Android and not Apple IOS, I have the choice to create, use, and promote what I like. this is crazy...

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not against the carriers developing their own software, but in a fair competition spirit, they should let the customers take the final decision about which option they preffer. Not trying to impose it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am upset with this and how it is being handled. I know that "work arounds" exist. but I do not want to root my phone, or modify it from stock in any way. I find that just invites problems, and I want my phone to work.

If Sprint wants to force us to use their NFC APP, they should have released one. We do not have a mainstream APP to do nfc payments. I used Google Wallet on the GSIII and its great.

I spoke to google. They said its a carrier issue. I spoke to Samsung they say its a carrier issue. Sprint has said in this forum that it is a Samsung issue.

I just want google wallet to work on a device that I paid for, and PR releases from Sprint said would work before the Galaxy Note 2 was released. I bought the device with the expectation, that was stated by Sprint that Google Wallet would work.

That being said, I love the Galaxy Note 2, I use my phone for everything and the battery is awsome.

Can someone at Sprint clarify if the problem is with Sprint, Google, or Samsung?

Highlighted
Journeyman

it appears to be a carrier issue.  since the device works fine for other NFC related tasks.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat